What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Round 1 vs Dragons

Saintsified

Bench
That's a bit of a stretch though? You still had a lot of rep players in your side from round 11 onwards, even taking origin and injuries into the equation. Surely that's being too selective/blinkered to just right off over half the season? You can't just say we'll pick up from the good bits and forget the fade out!! Anyway.....

Should be a tight one though. Hopefully the weather doesn't get in the way too much. Big home crowd to get us over the line.

the reason i say round 11 is because thats around the time wayne didnt know what he was doing or where he was going to go etc, it did screw the mentality of the team no doubt, then origin came etc it was a defining period for the team, they didnt get their head around it all till the last few rounds and then in the finals v broncos they only just missed out because of lockyer brilliance. I havent got blinkers on i really dont see how people think they simply forget how to play, like i said its up to the coach now, if his game plans and motivational speaches dont lift them they will be average at best but ive spoken to some players ive run into and they are big big fans of price and claim he had a lot more to do with their success than wayne did. Time will tell but on the other hand it may help saints flying under the rader for a few weeks as im sure if they come out of the blocks winning the talk will change very quickly. Good luck to both teams cant wait.

Joker's Wild

Coach
OMG are you actually comparing the Knights pack to the Maroons pack. I might have missed it but I don't remember seeing Civoneceva, Thaiday, Taylor, Shillington, Scott or Smith in your lineup.

Um no I didnt, just pointing out that the NSW pack has been pretty ordinary over the last few years. Nothing to do with Qld

Besides, Scott will be out in the centres tomorrow so thats one less SOO rep in your pack mate

Rolla

Juniors
Packs are both decent. I think ours is better, but i am sure plenty of dragons will take theirs.
I see it like this:

Snowy vs Weymen - us (snowy is better)
Bedsy vs Rein - us (unknowns surrounding both players but id go us comfortably)
Cuthbertson vs Latimore - us (Happy to listen to dragons here though, they have seen both more)
prior vs Housten - us
Zeb vs Creagh - them (I'd prefer zeb if he is near his best but after a long injury we will have to wait and see)
Costigan vs Young - them (on last years form. Nev will be better closer too the ruck and on song he is the better player. Average year last year though).

It should be added while i would have snowy over Weyman no doubt, he would force cuthbo to the bench if he was with the nights.

I can see arguments for plenty of the Dragons too which tells me there isn't much splitting the two.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Cuthbertson vs Lillyman - us (Happy to listen to dragons here though, they have seen both more)

seen SFA of lillyman play outside of SOO..

can give you advice on latimore though.....

Rolla

Juniors
As much as i dont think it means much lets do backs too (bit of fun)

Boyd vs Stanley - us (Daylight)
Aku vs Morris - us (Daylight)
Cooper vs Wes - them
Tahu vs Scott - Them (id rather Tahu on ability and think he will have a good year.... but who knows which Tahu will run out?)
Jimmy vs Nightingale - Them

Gidley vs Soward - Them (Gidley in the halves under Bennett still has too many unknowns)
Mullen vs Hornby - Us (but Mullen is inconsistent and Hornby isn't)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Touche... I guess that will have to do, might even be more useful :oops:
hah..

tough one between cuthbo & latimore..

was never really sold on cuthbertson until the semi final against the broncos when he pretty much singlehandedly got us back in the game, so after that i was sad to see him go..

that being said, it was only one game that impressed me for cuthbo and i've only ever seen latimore play one game - of which i was impressed by his motor and work eithic..

so it's a toss of a coin really..

but i don't recommend tossing a chocolate coin. cuthbo would eat it.

Rolla

Juniors
Cheers mate, that was the last game i (anyone) have seen of Cuthbo too, it will be interesting to see if he can maintain it. We have an impact prop and Eddie (can play prop but was already light and has lost weight) on the bench, so i think we will likely see big minutes from Snowy and Cuthbo.

Saintsified

Bench
Its funny how the betting market has Boyd potentially scoring more than our entire team at saints, funny very funny, since when has boyd become a point scoring machine? didnt see it at the saints in 3 years. All rubbish talk, let the football do the talking.

Its funny how the betting market has Boyd potentially scoring more than our entire team at saints, funny very funny, since when has boyd become a point scoring machine? didnt see it at the saints in 3 years. All rubbish talk, let the football do the talking.

Betting markets would do well to concentrate on restoring the credibility of the game after the NQ vs bulldogs saga. They are but the fuel on the fire comments regarding Saints attack is garbage. Boyd would find it hilarious i am sure. Your last sentence should be the NRLs catch phrase. Literally.

Last edited:

Breathingfire

Juniors
Aku vs Morris - us (Daylight)

You must have night vision goggles on you f**kwit because Uate got completely outplayed by Morris tonight. Who scored a try? Who made a line break? Who put pressure on resulting in a fumble? Who came down with the bomb? :lol:

KempoKnight

Juniors
In one game where uate was starved of ball from his inside men. Ill agree Morris was much better then uate tonight but he isnt even close to the player uate is at his best.

Latest posts