What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team Leilua

Fordy20

Juniors
I know we got Laurie for Momo, who is an out and out star but man we could really use Momo right now. Much, much more of a complete footballer than BJ and won’t let you down

I actually can’t believe some of the people talking him up thinking he’d change

Sometimes blind hope is all we have.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Can't help but think what could have happened if we kept Momo, traded Talau for JAC and still got Laurie early

1. Laurie
2. Nofa
3. Roberts
4. Momo
5. JAC

Oh well....

Tiger05

First Grade
The trade idea is the same thing as arguing who is tougher out of Batman or Superman. It's a fantasy that someone made up.

Momo is just an average footy player. Talau looks better to me.

I still think we make the 8 this year.

WA Tiger

Bench
He was close to the best center in the game while at the Raiders

the Tigpies curse has got him same thing happen to Adam Blair

Blair was the best forward in the game signed with tigers and was terrible but as soon as he left he was fantastic for the broncos and great for the warriors

(PLZ check my grammar I’m drunk)
Perfect grammar for a change..

Tiger05

First Grade
BJ has had enough chances to perform, all he has delivered is rubbish, the sooner he is gone from the club the better.

I'm pretty sure he has a contract for this year and it's in our favor for next year. There is no way we take up his contract again unless he has a massive turnaround.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm pretty sure he has a contract for this year and it's in our favor for next year. There is no way we take up his contract again unless he has a massive turnaround.

Hi turnaround will have to start in reserves. If he carves up every week, then we have an injury to our centres, then he will get his shot in first grade again.

IMO BJ is a reserve grader from now on. He needs to prove himself again, same as any other reserve grader

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Momo once again illustrating once again how much of a loss he will be

instrumental in both Penriths tries last night while our “star” centre languishes in reserves

oh how I wish we could have negotiated a swap that involved us keeping Momo and still get Laurie

Tiger05

First Grade

instrumental in both Penriths tries last night while our “star” centre languishes in reserves

oh how I wish we could have negotiated a swap that involved us keeping Momo and still get Laurie

I disagree. Momo looked average. Staines, To'o is a beast, Dylan Edwards, Burton, Crichton are all heaps better than Momo. Momo has some high quality players around him at Penrith.

We got Laurie for Momo. Just let that sink in. That trade is so far in our favour.

I like Momo though. He doesn't have the holes in his game like BJ does. He is a professional footy player. You can bank on him to contribute every game. A solid reliable player who at a club like Penrith really slots in well.

Tiger05

First Grade
Hi turnaround will have to start in reserves. If he carves up every week, then we have an injury to our centres, then he will get his shot in first grade again.

IMO BJ is a reserve grader from now on. He needs to prove himself again, same as any other reserve grader

I think so too. The spot is now Talau's. I'm hopeful he is ready to step up and do the job.

Perth Tiger

Bench

I thought he was their weak link in defence.

Reality is he is a decent player and decent players look good in good teams, just look at how many reserve grade players have looked like rep players in the Melbourne system, but if he was still with us he would be going as good as the rest of the squad.

More than happy to trade him for one of our future spine players

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I disagree. Momo looked average. Staines, To'o is a beast, Dylan Edwards, Burton, Crichton are all heaps better than Momo. Momo has some high quality players around him at Penrith.

We got Laurie for Momo. Just let that sink in. That trade is so far in our favour.

I like Momo though. He doesn't have the holes in his game like BJ does. He is a professional footy player. You can bank on him to contribute every game. A solid reliable player who at a club like Penrith really slots in well.

Momo had an involvement in both tries and didn’t miss a tackle all night. That’s 8 less missed tackles than BJ over the weekend

But yeah I’m happy with the swap

I’m just saying it would have been ideal to keep him and have Laurie both at once. As for what’s transpired with our brain dead centre, he’d most likely be lining up this week

Last edited:

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I thought he was their weak link in defence.

Reality is he is a decent player and decent players look good in good teams, just look at how many reserve grade players have looked like rep players in the Melbourne system, but if he was still with us he would be going as good as the rest of the squad.

More than happy to trade him for one of our future spine players

Can’t agree with the only looks decent in star teams, as he was pretty good for us at the back end of 2019