What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Rnd 1 vs Storm

JokerEel

Coach
I heard that out of all the new guys, only Hopgood and Hodgo were as fit as we would have liked/expected.

Probably some concerns over their ability to go for long stints, hence why Maka and Emu are there.

Well the other guys did come from shit clubs in the Dogs Knights and Warriors.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Looking at the final 19 - still with Jake Arthur - it would be a bit rough on any of the forwards named 14-17 to be named/selected but then swapped out of the top 17 to acommodate Jake as the mid-game cover for Hodgson. If that's the intention, it doesn't make sense for that not to have been the up front selection.

The more I think about it, maybe they're planning to try Gutherson as a dummy half ball distributor when Hodgson needs a break - and then he just returns to fullback after the last tackle for defensive set?
Well don’t forget there’s no rule saying a player’s attacking role has to match any particular defensive role. There’s good reasons the dummy half usually defends in the middle (he is centralised on both sides of the ball) and also why the fullback usually attacks as a playmaker out wide (because the same traits are suited to both roles). But it’s not a rule. In attack you need a dummy half and couple of wide playmakers, and in defence you need a fullback, four middle defenders and eight edge defenders. As long as you’ve got that covered you don’t need to be constrained by the need to carry a 15 minute dummy half on the bench just so you can give your starter a rest.

yy_cheng

Coach
Looking at the final 19 - still with Jake Arthur - it would be a bit rough on any of the forwards named 14-17 to be named/selected but then swapped out of the top 17 to acommodate Jake as the mid-game cover for Hodgson. If that's the intention, it doesn't make sense for that not to have been the up front selection.

The more I think about it, maybe they're planning to try Gutherson as a dummy half ball distributor when Hodgson needs a break - and then he just returns to fullback after the last tackle for defensive set?

I think that forward would already be aware of the swap.

Just like I'm sure Bailey knew he wouldn't play

the phantom menace

First Grade
They probably didn't miss much anyway, given the late game failure to take the win and the capitulation that followed.

Last edited:

Latest posts