What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Round 11 vs Manly

lingard

Coach
Who's spot should Carty take this week, genius ?
I think it's more the perplexity of only giving him extremely limited game-time so far this year (which would erode his confidence; make him feel under pressure to overplay his hand during the short time he is on the field; and make him question his role in the team) rather than saying he should be ahead of any of those on the bench.

emjaycee

Coach
That'd be tough on Simmonson.
Yep and I like what he is bringing lately after a slow start to the year (I aways said give him 10 rounds before judging him), but it is a tough business and Russell was in front of him at the start of the year. Injuries can be cruel but Russell has done nothing wrong so who knows.

Gronk

Staff member
I think it's more the perplexity of only giving him extremely limited game-time so far this year (which would erode his confidence; make him feel under pressure to overplay his hand during the short time he is on the field; and make him question his role in the team) rather than saying he should be ahead of any of those on the bench.
Ok so we agree that there is no place for him.

Sorry but I don't buy your chicken vs egg justification with Carty. When you are in a roster of 30, you need to make a compelling argument to be selected. That includes your training, personal preparation and hitting any benchmarks that are given to you.

Somehow you are suggesting that he should get a spot without earning it ?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Carty played his best football last year when he was brought just before halftime and got into the rhythm of the game.

The way BA is using him this year is pathetic. He isn't even giving him a chance to succeed.

Fair enough he has issues defensively if thats the case and its a major issue from BA properly using him send him back to reserve grade for a month to prove his worth.

It boggles my mind why did we bother re-signing him at end if last year if this is how he was going to be used and the coaching staff have no faith in his ability to defend.

Suitman

Post Whore

Sorry but I don't buy your chicken vs egg justification with Carty. When you are in a roster of 30, you need to make a compelling argument to be selected. That includes your training, personal preparation and hitting any benchmarks that are given to you.

So why even pick him in the 17 then?

Unlike you to misrepresent what someone was saying...

Noise

Coach
Yep and I like what he is bringing lately after a slow start to the year (I aways said give him 10 rounds before judging him), but it is a tough business and Russell was in front of him at the start of the year. Injuries can be cruel but Russell has done nothing wrong so who knows.
Weren’t Dunster and Simonssen the first choice wingers (due to Sivo being out)?

The Predictor

Juniors

Then why pick him at all, is Brad need’s to decide whether BC is a first grader or not, I don’t think even he fkn knows

Latest posts