What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Week 2 finals - Eels v Panthers (and Ivan)

Gronk

Staff member
Heard a random Journo say that he's picking the Panthers because the eels have a 3/10 record against them over the past few years. I cannot for the life of me understand how that has anything to do with this weekend.

If you want to talk about recent match ups:

Ignoring Rnd 25, last start they only beat us 13-12.

In 2020, we beat them 16-10 and they beat us 20-2

In 2019 we beat them 20-12 and they beat us 16-10

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Heard a random Journo say that he's picking the Panthers because the eels have a 3/10 record against them over the past few years. I cannot for the life of me understand how that has anything to do with this weekend.

Pretty much indicates panthers/eels games are fairly close/tough.

Even the last round game was fairly close until the last 25 (considering we lost all our bench forwards/Nsw cup side).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if Matto replaces Krakatoa he has to play middle, we cant he 3 edge forwards, not sure how that would work

King-Gutho94

Coach

Gus said Parramatta are only 1 in 10 chance of winning which is basically no hope.

He will have to go off twitter again if Parramatta win he wouldn't be able to handle Penrith bowing out again so he wont be able take credit for them winning the comp

He still believes they won last year's GF

Gronk

Staff member
Gus said Parramatta are only 1 in 10 chance of winning which is basically no hope.

He will have to go off twitter again if Parramatta win he wouldn't be able to handle Penrith bowing out again so he wont be able take credit for them winning the comp

He still believes they won last year's GF
1 in 10 chance is a bit grim. Did he give the Roosters any chance ? Their bookie odds are only slightly better than ours.

1631849251232.png

King-Gutho94

Coach
1 in 10 chance is a bit grim. Did he give the Roosters any chance ? Their bookie odds are only slightly better than ours.

View attachment 54000

Probably he used to coach the chooks and is friends with uncle nick so i have no doubt he has a soft spot for them and cheering them on.

I think most experts have been on penrith to win easily this week and are deserved favourites as are the better team. I haven't heard anyone tip Parra which is fine

I don't agree that with the rehtoic from journos that our performance was horrible against Newcastle. Finals wins dont get handed out on a platter. Yeah we could have been better all there tries come off our dumb mistakes. But having to fight and hold on in last 20 mins might help us anyway if its close this week again then if we ran away and won by 20-30.

I actually think we may have had on eye on this week which was dangerous as well but doesn't matter now we got job done.

Gronk

Staff member
Probably he used to coach the chooks and is friends with uncle nick so i have no doubt he has a soft spot for them and cheering them on.

I think most experts have been on penrith to win easily this week and are deserved favourites as are the better team. I haven't heard anyone tip Parra which is fine

I don't agree that with the rehtoic from journos that our performance was horrible against Newcastle. Finals wins dont get handed out on a platter. Yeah we could have been better all there tries come off our dumb mistakes. But having to fight and hold on in last 20 mins might help us anyway if its close this week again then if we ran away and won by 20-30.

I actually think we may have had on eye on this week which was dangerous as well but doesn't matter now we got job done.
I'm very comfortable with the fact that the Pennys are favourites. They and Storm have been the better teams and they deserve favourtism.

Unlike some here, I won't be going off the rails if we lose. I actually think we're a better side this year and playing better footy. As long and we crack a few skulls and go down fighting, then it's been a pretty good year.

If we play as good as we did v Storm and the Pennys remain clunky, then it is not beyond us to jag a win.

In theory you should be able to account for the Panthers.

I predict an irregular game with many stoppages and nonsense. You can’t let them get into their jive. Make them play tough where they are more vulnerable.

Penalties galore, some massive tackles from your grunts and even some biff.

If you lose, there is no life.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Triangle offence!
Chicago Bulls Sport GIF by NBA

all the pressure is on them
touted as grand finalists all year now after a shock loss they are in a sudden death game if we can go set for set and not let them get on a roll they will get nervous

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I agree, yeah it wasnt a great or brilliant, but it was pretty solid.

Knights played good. Both sides completed at 89% (and defended good). And the score line was fairly misleading. Drown obstruction shouldn’t have been awarded, while Fergo’s stupidity to go for an intercepted gifted them a try. Without those 2 tries it’s a solid win.

Additionally the conditions were a lot worse then the other 3 games, 30 or so degrees. And a few of our players were working themselves back into the game after a week off.

definitely massive improvement required against panthers but did ok last week

Latest posts