What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - Week 2 finals - Eels v Panthers (and Ivan)

Avenger

Immortal
Say what you want but how f**king good s it that we are in the semis again?

I remember when we were struggling a few years ago and we'd be done by 3/4 of the season and have to rely on other results and hypotheticals to make the semis.

IFR33K

Coach
Say what you want but how f**king good s it that we are in the semis again?

I remember when we were struggling a few years ago and we'd be done by 3/4 of the season and have to rely on other results and hypotheticals to make the semis.

I’ll ask you how good it is in 10 hours….

Gazzamatta

Coach
That's possible, but I think there's no chance he makes 100m just from hit ups. To'o is the second most important player in their team. Massive loss for them.
Mr Handshake is a big loss but there is always the "Fergo Factor" regardless of whos on that side. Fingers crossed Will P communicates with him. Maybe even threaten him is more appropriate.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mr Handshake is a big loss but there is always the "Fergo Factor" regardless of whos on that side. Fingers crossed Will P communicates with him. Maybe even threaten him is more appropriate.
It's not so much To'o scoring tries on the left that is the danger. When a team creates an overlap any winger will score tries and his opponent will look like a f**kwit. The real danger of Brian To'o is how well he starts their sets. They are a very difficult team to pressure because they get out of their half so well. To'o is the key to that.

MerkinPCM per game
To'o92.0
Daylight
Louganis75.1
AFB75.0
Haas74.3
Tupou68.7
Klemmer66.7
Fusitu'a64.2
Maumalo62.7
Oates62.5
Vaughan61.8

We have no trouble handling opposition packs, but To'o carves our forwards up every time we play them:

To'o vs ParraTotal metresHit up metresWinner
R11 2019200125Panther
R5 202013631Eel
R18 2020208154Panther
R16 2021246131Panther
R25 2021226104Panther

So we have been able to limit his impact in the past (the one time we beat him) but maybe we only won because he was off his game? Either way, Crichton is also capable of big metres now that he's on the wing, so this game still won't be easy. And that's why we're still paying $4

oldmancraigy

Coach
It's not so much To'o scoring tries on the left that is the danger. When a team creates an overlap any winger will score tries and his opponent will look like a f**kwit. The real danger of Brian To'o is how well he starts their sets. They are a very difficult team to pressure because they get out of their half so well. To'o is the key to that.

MerkinPCM per game
To'o92.0
Daylight
Louganis75.1
AFB75.0
Haas74.3
Tupou68.7
Klemmer66.7
Fusitu'a64.2
Maumalo62.7
Oates62.5
Vaughan61.8

We have no trouble handling opposition packs, but To'o carves our forwards up every time we play them:

R11 2019200125Panther
R5 202013631Eel
R18 2020208154Panther
R16 2021246131Panther
R25 2021226104Panther

So we have been able to limit his impact in the past (the one time we beat him) but maybe we only won because he was off his game? Either way, Crichton is also capable of big metres now that he's on the wing, so this game still won't be easy. And that's why we're still paying $4
This was almost your best post of the last 8 years. But then you vacillated and went back to making sure you could later look back and say you were right (ie you said nothing)

Our game is all about pinning teams in the corner from a lofted box kick. If Moses' kicking game is on, the forwards should be able to muscle up without Mr meterage To'o to break their resolve.

Perhaps the punters don't realise what a big out he is. More likely they are looking at our weak form (on the whole) over the last couple of months

the phantom menace

First Grade

MerkinPCM per game
To'o92.0
Daylight
Louganis75.1
AFB75.0
Haas74.3
Tupou68.7
Klemmer66.7
Fusitu'a64.2
Maumalo62.7
Oates62.5
Vaughan61.8

R11 2019200125Panther
R5 202013631Eel
R18 2020208154Panther
R16 2021246131Panther
R25 2021226104Panther

Where does Ferguson sit on that PCM list? Not top 10...? Half of To'o's contribution?

This was almost your best post of the last 8 years. But then you vacillated and went back to making sure you could later look back and say you were right (ie you said nothing)

Our game is all about pinning teams in the corner from a lofted box kick. If Moses' kicking game is on, the forwards should be able to muscle up without Mr meterage To'o to break their resolve.

Perhaps the punters don't realise what a big out he is. More likely they are looking at our weak form (on the whole) over the last couple of months

Moses has he’s been turning up of late, playing some of the best footy of his career. He will be fine.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well I don't make predictions mate, I only deal in facts. I'm an analyst not a f**ken soothsayer. That's why I never talk about being right. I just have to deal with whiny merkins trying to tell me I'm wrong.