What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

team list vs cowboys (list is in post no 2)

fanool

Juniors
Those were the days. From 1997 to 2001 we were a top four team with nothing to show by heart break.

If we win on Saturday we have a chance to emulate our efforts in 2000.

I went to the 3 semis and we gave a great account of ourselves. I was with this young lady at the time who loved the panthers.............geez they gave it to Jorgo. Craig Izzard's last game before his career in illegal dumping.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
After the regular season.

We made the prelim final in 2000 and the GF in 2001 and were arguably amongst the four best teams in both of those years.

Then Smith put them all on the thickshake diet.
I thought the 2000 side was a bit arsey by finals time, and had perfected the up-and-dump loophole that worked so well in 2001. And of course that year we were the most consistent side rather than the best side, much like the Storm this year IMO.

Which is not to say there's any side better than them (like the 2001 Knights which was full of current Origin reps) but the Storm are beatable this year.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Our best player Jason Smith was suspended for the 2000 finals which didn't help. We went very close against the broncos, Smith could have been the difference.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
This game should be a good warm up before meeting the Roosters.
Hope the week off doesn't treat them kindly.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Our best player Jason Smith was suspended for the 2000 finals which didn't help. We went very close against the broncos, Smith could have been the difference.
Yeah. We tried hard against the Broncos in that Preliminary Final but it was men against boys. That Broncos team was awesome.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I thought the 2000 side was a bit arsey by finals time, and had perfected the up-and-dump loophole that worked so well in 2001. And of course that year we were the most consistent side rather than the best side, much like the Storm this year IMO.

Which is not to say there's any side better than them (like the 2001 Knights which was full of current Origin reps) but the Storm are beatable this year.
Let me get this straight:

1. The storm are the most consistent team.
2. The storm aren't necessarily the best team.
3. There isn't a team better than them.

Doesn't point 3 invalidate point 2?

Sincerely
Chipmunk

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Let me get this straight:

1. The storm are the most consistent team.
2. The storm aren't necessarily the best team.
3. There isn't a team better than them.

Doesn't point 3 invalidate point 2?

Sincerely
Chipmunk
My point is that they may only be the equal best, as opposed to the clear best (as supported by their minor premiership by three wins).

Kornstar

Coach
Don't forget Tim Smith choked.....

Agreed the captain definitely choked, like in many big games.....oh wait that wasn't Tim Smith.

I think there were a couple of players who were ok that day and the rest collectively let the team down. Leadership was poor leading up to the game, during and after......

BS and his staff had a lot to answer for in that game. They put too much pressure in the team in the game plan which was to score early and you will beat them......you could see that panic in them and then Daniel Wagon runs out of the line and the game was over.......

After the game they were treated like children.

Source, someone on the coaching staff at the time.

You go blaming a rookie though, Pete. How much money does he owe your daughter for child support?

T.S Quint

Coach
Apparently Tepai has dropped out of the team list, replaced in the starting line up by Gower.

No I won't provide a source!

parra pete

Referee
Agreed the captain definitely choked, like in many big games.....oh wait that wasn't Tim Smith.

I think there were a couple of players who were ok that day and the rest collectively let the team down. Leadership was poor leading up to the game, during and after......

BS and his staff had a lot to answer for in that game. They put too much pressure in the team in the game plan which was to score early and you will beat them......you could see that panic in them and then Daniel Wagon runs out of the line and the game was over.......

After the game they were treated like children.

Source, someone on the coaching staff at the time.

You go blaming a rookie though, Pete. How much money does he owe your daughter for child support?

It wasn't his first year in grade...hardly a rookie........!!!!!! CHOKED BIG TIME.....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It wasn't his first year in grade...hardly a rookie........!!!!!! CHOKED BIG TIME.....
Still would have carved up your magpies like a Sunday Roast @ Pie in the Sky.

I know quite a few people who boycotted that event as a result of Smith being ignored for selection.

T.S Quint

Coach
Is it really illegal if she has eats it?

FZYj89qE1HlNNzJcDFQFE795_1r04ToM3E433woNEU-1hbN9JlHa1hDcZVZaMu_A0NuwbHUprL4yMcRbLKq4aApkOVhBtMtLfk71Iek=w426-h314-nc

Latest posts