What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TEAM: MIGHTY EELS VS PANTHERS

eels_fan

First Grade
The Official Team V Panthers is:

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Ashley Graham
3. Junior Langi
4. Luke Burt
5. Matt Petersen
6. Chris Thorman
7. Michael Witt
8. Corey Pearson
9. Lee Hopkins
10. Michael Vella
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Craig Stapelton
13. Daniel Wagon (c)

14. James Webster
15. Dean Widders
16. Adam Peek
17. Justin Tsoulos

Same team as last week, and whilst i would have liked Cayless back, im glad he hasnt rushed people back...we need cohesion going into a big game like this...weird that Cannings is back on the injured list though???
GO THE EELS!!

eels_fan

First Grade
Premier League Team V Cougars:

1. Reddy
2. Gruszka
3. Delaney
4. O'Dwyer
5. Williams
6. Mateo
7. Smith
8. MoiMoi
9. Muspratt
10. Armit
11. Afamasaga
12. Muckert
13. Pai

14. Ellis
15. Petersen
16. Curtis
17. Mowbray

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well I guess we'll just have to see if any surprises are sprung next weekend

the way Langi's shoulder was strapped up, I doubt he'd be playing

eels_fan

First Grade
If Langi was to be ruled out you'd assume O'Dwyer would come in for him straight from premmies. I wonder what happened with Cayless...he was getting his arm x-rayed today so will be interesting to see if he didnt get a medical clearance or if the results arn't in yet...possibly a late inclusion???

The Colonel

Immortal
Comes thru on email just before it goes on the site.

I'd say they will take media attention away from Cayless if he is ruled fit to play by naming him on the day.

fish eel

Immortal
If we're going to get last minute changes, this will be the game....surprising with some big names making comebacks and really lifting a huge home crowd when Cayless/Cannings is announced.....hopefully!

True EEL

Bench
i would hope and expect that Cayless and Cannings will be late replacements

but if they do play i hope they are fit and don't get re-injured......... :?

imagine it.....25 mins into the game, we are down a try or two, Vella and others ahve fallen by the wayside in the forwards, the bounce of the ball and the 10% things aren't going Parra's way (lol at BS) and suddenly he - Cayless - rises from the bench and strides to the sideline to enter the fray......

bandaged arm hand's the interchange card to the official as the crowd at Parramatta Stadium lets out a loud roar as the number 25 enters the field

he calls Cayless loudly, with one arm raised as he steams onto a dummy-half pass and his first hit-up his a monster as he craches into the defence as they try and intimidate him.......but he carries 3 Panthers with him on his way to a 15 m charge

his teammates lift and the eels come home with a wet sail and win the game to fight on for another week............

oh well, we can all dream can't we............... :D

eloquentEEL

First Grade
The "official" not considered team:

1. Prince
2. Ben Smith
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. Grothe
6. Dykes
8. Cannings
9. Morris
12.Cayless

eels2win said:
The "official" not considered team:

1. Prince
2. Ben Smith
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. Grothe
6. Dykes
8. Cannings
9. Morris
12.Cayless

Just hits home that if we were injury free like 2001, it could have been anything!

AlexTheEel

Juniors
I wouldn't take that team as a given. Peterson,Langi and Stapelton did not train today and Cayless and Cannings both trained well. I predict some changes by 6:30 on Saturday.

bartman

Immortal
JERSEY FLEGG TEAM:

1 – Brett ANDERSON
2 – Paul MARZELLA
3 – Thomas MacGOUGAN
4 – Michael BASAN
5 – Joel ASHER
6 – Blake GREEN
7 – Dane QUEENAN (debut?)
8 – Zeb TAIA
9 – Scott JONES
10 – Josh CORDOBA
11 – Brendan OAKE
12 – Weller HAURAKI
13 – Matt KEATING

14 – Nathan ARMIT
15 – Chris LAW
16 – Brad McLEVEY
17 – Ben TAIA
18 – Guy WILLIAMS
19 – Simon GREAVES

bartman

Immortal
I would expect Widders to move to centres this week if Langi is out, leaving a bench spot open for Cannings. I'm not sure why he's not named anywhere this week?

Or (contrary to expectations) perhaps Smith will go for Grothe into the wing, with Petersen at centre.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Grothe is out for the year. O'Dwyer and Widders werre training in the places of Langi and Peterson but it is early in the week and both may come through ok by Sat.

choc_soldier

Coach
Your opponents:

1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Amos Roberts, 3. Luke Lewis, 4. Paul Whatuira, 5. Luke Rooney, 6. Preston Campbell, 7. Craig Gower (c), 8. Joel Clinton, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Martin Lang, 11. Joe Galuvao, 12. Tony Puletua, 13. Trent Waterhouse.

Interchange: 14. Garret Crossman, 15. Frank Pritchard, 16. Shane Rodney, 17. Danny Galea, 18. Richard Fa'aoso (one to be omitted)