What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team Morale

At this point I couldn't imagine it being on a high, they really have nothing to look forward to or even to lift their spirits. Won't be playing ANY games at Oki and this will have a negative effect. No decent signings. Brown still in charge, doust still being a clown...

My gut says wooden spoon in 08.

dragonfire

Bench
hmmmm, well then i think you have a messed up gut. We have a young team with a few experienced players. Could definitely be a surprise packet for 08 in my opinion. Honestly i would love to make the 8 bu as lng as we can keep a clean sheet against the Broncos i will be very happy

Willow

Assistant Moderator
dragonfire said:
Honestly i would love to make the 8 bu as lng as we can keep a clean sheet against the Broncos i will be very happy
Well I'm a little different than that.

Sure, adding another notch against the Broncos is fun, but it falls a long way short of what I rate as a satisfying season.

Winning a premiership is a successful season.

Saints have not qualified for one single premiership decider so far in this decade, and look unlikely to do so. It should be noted that the current administration are the only Dragons administration who can lay claim to such a blight on the records.

Godz Illa

Coach
dragonfire said:
hmmmm, well then i think you have a messed up gut.
lol exactly, some Eno should fix that. Come on peoples, tis the season to be jolly!

On the serious side, maintaining morale seems to be one of Brown's strengths, I think there are other more pressing issues.

Ribs

Bench
Strewth, why all the long faces?

I think we have a great shot in 2008. We havent had a decent halves pairing for years, with the exception of the short lived Barrett Mundine combo.

I think Soward and Chase might well become an attacking force and we're due for a year with a little more luck on the injuries front.

I think a lot might hinge on Dean Young who we missed almost as much as Gas this year.

I dont look across the other teams, with the exception of the Storm, and think we'll be out skilled.

big pat

Coach
my gut feeling is too much chinese,but seriously i'm hoping we can go a bit better than last seson, the likes of thorby,setu,stanley, the morris boys, hopefully if we can keep some of these young guys on the paddock, we may do alright, i wont make any bold predictions yet, but i think we can look at top eight for starters,in my humble opinion i think if we can keep gaz and young on the field, they tend to lift guys around them.

The Preacher

First Grade
Ribs said:
Strewth, why all the long faces?

Horse walks into a bar, the barman says, "Why the long face ?? :BDH:

Horse walks into a bar..................must've f**king hurt like hell !!:sarcasm:

big pat

Coach
The Preacher said:
Horse walks into a bar, the barman says, "Why the long face ?? :BDH:

Horse walks into a bar..................must've f**king hurt like hell !!:sarcasm:
looks like one of the horses i backed last saturday.

bornadragon

Juniors
One thing is or sure... This will be the last off season for the like of alot of St. George adminastration types. Notrhing short of a comp win will get them over the line this time. No more excuses. No more B*llsh*t stories and tall tales. My gut isn't warming to success in 08. Optimism not pessimism, that how I feel about OUR situation. There has been PLENTY of opatunities . and this time if the board don't act they will be relieved They've made their bed so they'd better lay in it not BullS*it their way out. THis is the last chance.... MAKE IT COUNT

bornadragon

Juniors
Every second counts.... Make all the right moves... Because that's how far MELBOURNE are in front of us. It this was F1 ALL these guys would of been sacked years ago.... MAKE IT COUNT

watatank

Coach
Godz Illa said:
On the serious side, maintaining morale seems to be one of Brown's strengths, I think there are other more pressing issues.

What do you mean by maintaining morale? The dragons are one of the worst teams to watch when they get on the back foot, they give up and totally lose the plot.

Red Bear

Referee
Were dragons training at kograh yesterday? Something was going on in the park betweek kograh oval and the highway yesterday arvo, looked reonably organised, all in red and white? Or do they just train in wollongong

watatank

Coach
Red Bear said:
Were dragons training at kograh yesterday? Something was going on in the park betweek kograh oval and the highway yesterday arvo, looked reonably organised, all in red and white? Or do they just train in wollongong

I've seen them train in wollongong quite a lot in the past week...

big pat

Coach
if people are going to have a defeatist attitude now, then go and follow melbourne, i will at least wait for the season to start, so i can see if our injury toll is going to be the same as every year, their are some boys that had to turn into men very quickly this season, so it will be interesting to see how they go, setu,thorby,morris boys,stanley, etc etc,my early prediction would be at very least top eight.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Excuse me if I sound like I'm cutting into your point pat, that's not my intention.

In my opinion, not settling for anything less than a premiership is about as positive as anyone can get.

The notion that the top eight is a measure of success sounds far too negative to me. The problem is that club has built up this culture of selling a top eight as being good. And wow, make the top four and they pop their collective corks!

It is this disgraceful acceptance of mediocrity at club level which sees some fans contemplating the wooden spoon in '08.

I want the club and the players to prove me wrong next season. Bring home a premiership and I'll buy Brownie and Doust a pallet full of Crownies.

But if we scrape into the eight, and the club administration then refers it as a success, then they haven't learned a thing.

Some of you posters are quiet unbelievable...

We have a bad year and to you the great depression has arrived.

Each year brings new horizons and that glimmer of hope for a successful year..
Ribs summed it up with Rangi and Soward's combination, our only hurdle is winning 3/4 of our games "away"..

Just because we had a shocker this year, it won't roll over into the next..

Look at our lineup ffs you sadsacks, and get over 07.
We have the players it's just a matter of hoping they don't get injured, go and get yourself plastered and get over this year, dayem....

big pat

Coach
i take you point willow, just didn't want to shoot to the top too quickly, because we have fallen too many times, at least i didn't say we would be wooden spoon contenders, in my humble opinion, browny needs to reajust his thinking, no dumb penalties, players in their right positions,only one captain,getting players to back their ability, and no one wants a premiership as much as i do, i'm getting too old waiting for the next one. its all right for all you young blokes time is on your side.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Willow said:
The notion that the top eight is a measure of success sounds far too negative to me. The problem is that club has built up this culture of selling a top eight as being good. And wow, make the top four and they pop their collective corks!

I think I've said in past threads how much the club p*sses me off regarding what they think a good season is.

Back in '04 '05 when we had our best chances of winning it the club said it goal for the season was to make the top 4. No mention of a premiership.

As you've said before, if we make the top 8 next year our club which make this out to be a success. Which is absolute bullsh*t.

We're St George FFS, should be playing to win !