What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TEAM NAMED- CHALK GETS FULLBACK

lukethejedi

Juniors
Chalk gets call at fullback

April 26, 2005

The Canberra Raiders have chosen young Queenslander Marshall Chalk to replace Clinton Schifcofske at fullback for this Sunday’s match against the Newcastle Knights.

The Raiders have also named centre Adam Mogg in their starting team, subject to the result of a judiciary charge.

Mogg has been charged with a grade 1 dangerous throw from Sunday’s loss to the Melbourne Storm, which threatens to sideline him for one match. The Raiders have until midday tomorrow to make a decision on whether they contest the charge.

The Raiders are already missing 11 members of their full-time squad.

Schifcofske will need four to six weeks to recover from a rib cartilage injury and Chalk is his first-choice replacement.

Chalk, 24, was recruited from Queensland Cup team the Ipswich Jets in 2003 and made his NRL debut for the Raiders last season. He has played five NRL matches and shot to attention with four tries in just his second game.

Raiders coach Matt Elliott has also retained young players Terry Campese, 20, and Todd Carney, 18. Despite back-to-back losses, Elliott remained positive in his approach to Sunday’s game against the Knights.

“We can’t focus on who we don’t have,” Elliott said. “We have to focus on the qualities that exist in this squad and how to get the best out of these players.”

CANBERRA RAIDERS v NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS
Sunday, May 1, 2.30pm
At EnergyAustralia Stadium

1. MARSHALL CHALK
2. MATT GAFA
3. PHIL GRAHAM
4. ADAM MOGG
5. DAVID HOWELL
6. TERRY CAMPESE
7. LINCOLN WITHERS
8. BEN CROSS
9. ALAN TONGUE
10. TROY THOMPSON
11. MATT ADAMSON
12. KRIS KAHLER
13. JASON CROKER

14. TODD CARNEY
15. JOSH MILLER
16. IAN HINDMARSH
17. TYRAN SMITH

Timbo

Staff member
16 & 17 #-o

Chalk is good, Carney still starts from the bench YOU IDIOT ELLIOT.

thickos

First Grade
Tongue at hooker will kill us #-o We're a team that thrives on quick play the balls and he simply doesn't provide it.

RABK

Referee
Thank God we're playing the Knights.
You think mate. You now know what it's like to have 12 players missing from your top 17. Easy to put the boot into us while your injury free winning games and were got a premier league side for our first grade team losing every week.

If we don't beat that Raiders side then we should pack up shop for the season.

RABK

Referee
start packing mate

Confident considering the team you've named, and add to that your record at EAS.
Is that a promise??? [-o&lt, post:
[/quote"]

Mate i will send a letter requesting the club to do so if we do lose. :lol:

cooba

Juniors
At least Pope Ben Cross 1st will be on the run on side he was awsome when he played last game- what happened,he went off with a head injury and the was forgotten by Elliot, just like TC?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Apparently they had trouble steaming the blood flow from his head Cooba

and yea R&BK, i am confident of knocking over a knights team that would struggle in PL, even with the team we've named. It will be closer than it should be due to that but Raiders by 8

RABK

Referee
and yea R&BK, i am confident of knocking over a knights team that would struggle in PL, even with the team we've named. It will be closer than it should be due to that but Raiders by 8

Arrogant. :roll:

Mate we are missing 12 players, 12 higher quality players. Give yourself an uppercut. I will enjoy sunday.

Raider_69

Post Whore
We are also missing 12 players so dont talk shit
its a fair game and i am confident of victory, all be it a small win
Any other side and we'd get floged this week

RABK

Referee
Yeah i hoped you enjoyed putting the boot into us while we were missing all our players and you were flying high.

Karma. 8)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
Yeah i hoped you enjoyed putting the boot into us while we were missing all our players and you were flying high.

Karma. 8)

i did
and when our mob who are rapped by injury and suspension still put your rabble away, ill enjoy it more
:)

FullySick

Juniors
Last week was the first game ive missed for ages! (lucky i didnt watch by the sounds of it!)

Who the hell selects the team???
Is it Elliots call or do the lower grade coaches and management have a say??

SOULS 04

Juniors
well nick i wish i shared your confidence.

but i think after newc effort to almost come back and beat the dogs and being at home they should be favorites in this match.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I like you raider, but I've got a strong feeling we'll knock you boys over this week. We played close to full strength Warriors and Bulldogs sides in recent weeks, and all that robbed us of victory in both games was our lack of confidence. We'll find it this week, against a side that is, at the moment, arguably in a worse form slump than us.

Knights to win by 10+

Latest posts