What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team news / Justin Poore comments

http://parramatta-advertiser.wherei...y-and-timana-tahu-unlikely-for-dragons-clash/

Parramatta Eels’ Joel Reddy and Timana Tahu unlikely for Dragons clash

http://parramatta-advertiser.whereilive.com.au/sport/list/category/rugby-league/
25 May 10 @ 01:01pm by Steven Deare

PARRAMATTA could be without its regular centres combination for the clash against St George Illawarra with Joel Reddy and Timana Tahu expected to struggle to be ready for Friday night.

Coach Daniel Anderson said Reddy was in doubt after he suffered a ``hamstring twinge’’ during the 22-18 loss to Cronulla at Parramatta Stadium on Saturday.
Reddy, as well as Nathan Hindmarsh, have been named in the team despite ailments. Anderson said Hindmarsh has a sternum injury.

``They are in doubt, but I’ve named them,’’ Anderson told the Advertiser on Tuesday.
``We’re confident of one of the two, and we’re hoping for two of the two.
``But I’m more confident of Hindy at the moment.
``He’s in better shape than Joel.
``Joel is fifty-fifty.’’

Anderson didn’t like the chance of his other centre, Tahu, playing at Jubilee Oval after State of Origin on Wednesday.
``I think Timana will be highly unlikely after Origin,’’ he said.
``His recuperation from his weekly postgame ... the ankle hasn’t really been ready in two days ever, so I think it’s highly unlikely.’’
He has named fellow Blue Jarryd Hayne in the team, but will wait to see how the fullback recovers.

The competition leaders also have Origin backup problems.
The NSW team includes Dragons Brett Morris, Matt Cooper, Michael Weyman and Ben Creagh, while QLD has Neville Costigan and Darius Boyd.

However Parramatta’s Justin Poore said the Eels would have to be good against ``the best team in the comp’’.
``They’re relentless and we’re going to have to play very, very well to beat them,’’ he said.
``They are the benchmark.’’

He didn’t expect a kind reception for his return to Kogarah.
``Probably the one (I received) in round one, but 100 times worse.
``But I don’t really care. They can say what they want.
``I came here for a reason. I’m part of Parramatta now and the Dragons is long gone.’’

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
unless the State of Origin game treats St George VERY unkind - Dragons by 60.

would rather have Tahu and Reddy on deck against the cheats the week after than against the Dragons this week.

carpe

Juniors
I do not feel confident agains Drags. They are going to hammer us unless we shed off the attitude we showed against Cronulla.

Parra Guru

Coach
They should start favourites but remember they also have a lot backing up and a few injuries.

The loss of Dan Hunt, Jeremy Smith etc will hurt but Beau Scott is set to return though, so the screws will be tightened in defense.

I'll be feeling great if we win, but won't lose sleep if we lose. they are a solid team.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We will give it to them, dont worry about that

I wanna wear my eels jersey all week after the win and not see a dragqueens one in sight (unless I pop into rebel sport), thats heaven for me down this way :D

El Diablo

Post Whore
Reddy has been named http://www.parraeels.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=26047

Parramatta Eels welcome back Origin stars
25/05/2010 4:15:11 PM

The Pirtek Parramatta Eels will welcome back their State of Origin stars for the Round 12 game against the St George Illawarra Dragons, if fit, this Friday night.

Eels staff will assess the fitness of Jarryd Hayne and Timana Tahu following Wednesday night’s Origin game, with Krisnan Inu selected on an extended bench to step in for either player.

The inclusion of Hayne and Tahu are the only changes to the side this week, with Inu back to the bench and Tom Humble making way for Hayne.

The Eels travel to WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah, for a crucial clash against the table-topping Dragons in a blockbuster this Friday night.

Pirtek Parramatta Eels v Dragons, Friday May 28, 7.30pm, WIN Jubilee Oval

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Joel Reddy
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. Kris Keating
7. Daniel Mortimer
8. Nathan Cayless (C)
9. Jeff Robson
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C)
12. Ben Smith
13. Feleti Mateo

INTERCHANGE
14. Matt Keating
15. Tim Mannah
16. Justin Horo
17. Justin Poore
19. Krisnan Inu

Coach: Daniel Anderson

Toyota Cup v Dragons, Friday, May 28, WIN Jubilee Oval

1. TK Amosa
2. Ryan Morgan
3. Rory Brien
4. Jacob Loko
5. Ken Sio
6. Brett Lahey
7. Dan Cross
8. Boyd Brown
9. Tim Crellin
10. Peni Terepo
11. Pat O’Hanlon
12. Fred Lang Siu
13. Matthew Eisenhuth

INTERCHANGE
14. Dean Blackman
15. Ava Seumanufagi
16. PJ Asiata
17. Shaun Vaotuua
18. Royce Hura
21. David Thomas

Coach: Matt Cameron

Wentworthville Magpies v Canterbury Bankstown, Ringrose Park, Sunday May 30, 3.00pm

1. Domenic Nasso
2. Mark Hendy
3. Tim Mortimer
4. Jonathon Wright
5. Astro Waetford
6. Tom Humble
7. Mark O’Grady
8. Pele Peletelese
9. Anthony Mitchell
10. Mitchell Allgood
11. Danny Howard
12. Lee Te Maari
13. Tim Robinson (C)

INTERCHANGE
14. James Boustani
15. Nathan Armit
16. Taniela Lasalo
17. Blake Blackburn

Coach: Brett Kenny

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Do you guys think Inu should be named back up for Reddy/Inu?
I wouldn't mind seeing Humble get a run at centre. Defends well and plenty of speed.

How has Jono Wright been playing? Because sounds like a good chance we need two centres on the Friday night.

Forty20

First Grade
Brendan Oake hasn't been named for Wenty (while Humble has) so they are hedging their bets on Hindy and Reddy.

We need to roll them in the forwards and disrupt the methodical rhythm that their game plan is based on.

Forty20

First Grade
Do you guys think Inu should be named back up for Reddy/Inu?
I wouldn't mind seeing Humble get a run at centre. Defends well and plenty of speed.

How has Jono Wright been playing? Because sounds like a good chance we need two centres on the Friday night.

Wright honestly looks a cut above the vast majority of other NSW Cup players. He is running hard and has a good fend. Looks bigger compared to last year as well.

Latest posts