What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team of the Decade 2000-2009

Broncodr01d

Juniors
I borrowed this idea from the Canberra forum, please post your Broncos team from 00-09. This should be good.

broncoman

Juniors
Are the Broncos actually announcing one of these? The Raiders one was announced at the game on Monday at half-time. Couldn't believe they picked guys like Daley and Furner who only played one season or so in the decade.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Are the Broncos actually announcing one of these? The Raiders one was announced at the game on Monday at half-time. Couldn't believe they picked guys like Daley and Furner who only played one season or so in the decade.

Why not? They were better than those in contention and qualified. Allan Langer would make my All-Decade Brisbane team despite not playing as many years as others.

Mr Saab

Referee
1. Hunt
2. DeVere
3. Hodges
4 Tate
5. Sailor (his one season outweighs all others)
6. Lockyer
7. Langer
13.Carroll
12. Thorn
11. Tallis
10. Petero
9. Priddis (meh)
8. Webcke

Broncodr01d

Juniors
1 - Karmichael Hunt
2 - Lote Tuqiri
3 - Brent Tate
4 - Justin Hodges
5 - Wendell Sailor
6 - Darren Lockyer
7 - Allan Langer (c)
8 - Shane Webcke
9 - Shaun Berrigan
10 - Petero Civnoiceva
11 - Gordan Tallis
12 - Brad Thorn
13 - Tonie Carroll

Cheated a little moving Berrigan to hooker, though he was effective from there and I want to start him ahead of Ennis.

Big Pete

Referee
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Lote Tuqiri
3. Brent Tate
4. Justin Hodges
5. Wendell Sailor
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Shane Webcke
9. Luke Priddis
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Gorden Tallis (c)
12. Brad Thorn
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Shaun Berrigan
15. Ben Hannant
16. Sam Thaiday
17. Corey Parker

While I love Langer, Wallace's performance in 2008 was enough to cement him a birth over the little guy.

Dazzat

First Grade
Agree with Pete's team. What a pack of forwards ... awesome! Did we ever actually field a team close to that?

Dazzat

First Grade
I can't put Langer into halfback ... I've slotted him in as waterboy of the decade.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
If any other team has such a team, ANY of their All-Time greats who played this decade make the team e.g. Laurie Daley at Canberra. Some Bronco fans cannot? Pete is forgiven as he missed Langer in his prime, but what other reasons is there for it?

This is not a provocative post, I am just a little puzzled this position is up for debate.

Big Pete

Referee
Fair debate.

I believe the side should be picked on form rather than reputation. Wallace's form in 08 was better than Langers in 02.

I had a similar debate when it come to selecting the five eigth for the Broncos Best Team of All Time. I said Walters deserved it because he achieved more at the Broncos but others wanted Wally because of his reputation and standing in the game.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
1 - Karmichael Hunt
2 - Lote Tuqiri
3 - Brent Tate
4 - Justin Hodges
5 - Wendell Sailor
6 - Darren Lockyer
7 - Allan Langer (c)
8 - Shane Webcke
9 - Shaun Berrigan
10 - Petero Civnoiceva
11 - Gordan Tallis
12 - Brad Thorn
13 - Tonie Carroll

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach
I agree with most of the teams, but I would have Langer at half over Wallace.

I think Brisbane would have to have one of the best, if not the best, team of the decade. Compared to other clubs.

TD09

Juniors
Whatever happened to Leon Bott btw? He sure was quick!

Shane Perry was an inspirational halfback as well, should give Langer and Wallace a shake ;-)

Reece Robinson is another contender for a wing spot surely. And if you are struggling to find a forward to put on your bench Mark Corvo would have to be considered!!!