What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team of the Tournament

JJ

Immortal
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/32067442

McCullum (c)
Guptill
Sangakarra
Smith
de Villiers
Maxwell
Anderson
Vettori
Starc
Boult
Morkel

Shami (12th)

Hard to argue with any of it - Dilshan, Brendon Taylor, Dhawan unlucky I think... McCullum has to be capt, hasn't put huge scores up but has set the tone - Guptill came with a late run...

JJ

Immortal
The Big Show, lol

wtf is he doing there

Everyone's picking him - Bumble has a team with him and no AB - I'd have thought AB was a cert

I'd be tempted to have Dilshan open up and pop McCullum down to replace either Maxwell or Anderson - obviously I like Anderson more, probably because I am a Kiwi

Red Bear

Referee
Smith hadn't been brlliant until yesterday, AB might be more deserving
Not sure I'd trust ten overs of Maxwell/Anderson either.

Not a terrible effort though

lockyno1

Post Whore
Smith hadn't been brlliant until yesterday, AB might be more deserving
Not sure I'd trust ten overs of Maxwell/Anderson either.

Not a terrible effort though

4 50's in a row and then a ton in a semi....he's a certainty.

vvvrulz

Coach
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/32067442

McCullum (c)
Guptill
Sangakarra
Smith
de Villiers
Maxwell
Anderson
Vettori
Starc
Boult
Morkel

Shami (12th)

Hard to argue with any of it - Dilshan, Brendon Taylor, Dhawan unlucky I think... McCullum has to be capt, hasn't put huge scores up but has set the tone - Guptill came with a late run...

Sean Williams deserves a mention.
Dhawan was India's best hands down.

Not sure about Guptill as it was mostly that one innings, but that squad is mostly on the mark I think.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Would have picked Ashwin in there somewhere, hate India but the bloke was very good this tournament. Anderson really? Surely Sean Williams gets a gig over him for starters.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Kind of hard to argue

Brendon McCullum
Runs: 328, Average: 41.00, Strike Rate: 191.81

Martin Guptill
Runs: 532, Average: 76.00, Strike Rate: 108.79

Kumar Sangakkara
Runs: 541, Average: 108.20, Strike Rate 105.87

Steve Smith
Runs: 346, Average: 57.66, Strike Rate: 94.02

AB de Villiers
Runs: 482, Average: 96.40, Strike Rate: 144.31

Glenn Maxwell
Runs: 324, Average: 64.80, Strike Rate: 182.02, Wickets: 5, Average 36.20, Economy Rate: 5.83

Corey Anderson
Runs: 231, Average: 38.50, Strike Rate: 109.47, Wickets: 14, Average: 16.21, Economy Rate: 6.45

Daniel Vettori
Wickets: 15, Average: 18.80, Economy Rate: 3.98

Mitchell Starc
Wickets: 20, Average: 10.20, Economy Rate 3.65

Trent Boult
Wickets: 21, Average: 15.76, Economy Rate: 4.41

Morne Morkel
Wickets: 17, Average: 17.58, Economy rate 4.38

JJ

Immortal
CA1ULNIUMAA5Xlr.jpg

AB's "strong zone"

Not sure what Bumble was thinking leaving him out - while Kumar has been amazing, this guy is a dead-set freak - not sure I've seen anyone with as many toys

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
CA1ULNIUMAA5Xlr.jpg

AB's "strong zone"

Not sure what Bumble was thinking leaving him out - while Kumar has been amazing, this guy is a dead-set freak - not sure I've seen anyone with as many toys

lol I agree, just a great player.

Love that picture.

JJ

Immortal
Would have picked Ashwin in there somewhere, hate India but the bloke was very good this tournament. Anderson really? Surely Sean Williams gets a gig over him for starters.

Tahir >Ashwin easily... But Air Vettori has to get it, I think...

And yes, Anderson is fair enough - remember we've seldom had to make big scores, and he'd come through in tight situations, and he always seems to get a wicket or two...

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tahir >Ashwin easily... But Air Vettori has to get it, I think...

And yes, Anderson is fair enough - remember we've seldom had to make big scores, and he'd come through in tight situations, and he always seems to get a wicket or two...

Yes but surely as a number 6 bat there are a few other options. Sean Williams for one, gets wickets and has made big scores. I rate Anderson but picking him as he got a wicket or two is pushing it. NZ hasn't needed him, but that doesn't mean he gets in over Sean Williams. Williams had a better tournament.

Forgot Tahir, you could make a case for all 3 of those spinners.

JJ

Immortal
Yes but surely as a number 6 bat there are a few other options. Sean Williams for one, gets wickets and has made big scores. I rate Anderson but picking him as he got a wicket or two is pushing it. NZ hasn't needed him, but that doesn't mean he gets in over Sean Williams. Williams had a better tournament.

Forgot Tahir, you could make a case for all 3 of those spinners.

Big Show at is at 6, Anderson is at 7

They're the two most questionable imo

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
SC Williams (Zim)
Runs: 339, Average: 67.80, Strike Rate 109.00, Wickets 7, Average 40.85 Economy Rate: 6.35

Maybe as the six (batting all rounder) not the 7, (bowling all rounder) - But I would take Maxwell due to strike rate

R Ashwin (India)
Wickets: 13 Average: 25.38, Economy Rate: 4.28

Imran Tahir (SA)
Wickets: 15, Average: 21.53, Economy Rate: 4.23

Clearly Dan is superior, and a great man down the order to have.

As usual facts are not your friend.

chigurh

The Big Show, lol

wtf is he doing there

At a guess, it's most likely because he has scored 324 runs at an average of 64 and a strike rate of 182 while solely shouldering his sides spinning duties and being a gun in the field.

Just gotta LOL at the few that still can't accept that he is doing the business for his side at present.

aqua_duck

Coach
Big show won me over this tournament, his batting was devastating, was solid with the ball and freaky in the field

At a guess, it's most likely because he has scored 324 runs at an average of 64 and a strike rate of 182 while solely shouldering his sides spinning duties and being a gun in the field.

Just gotta LOL at the few that still can't accept that he is doing the business for his side at present.

Have to admit, I thought he was a bit of a passenger coming into this tournament. Happy to be proven wrong though.