What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

team rd1

ByRd

First Grade
just heard on CH10 sports news that the bulldogs have included tonga,lolesi,williams, and maiava in the squad for our first game

ByRd

First Grade
no they just said 4 new players in squad for first game
didnt show the lineup

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I reckon Canterbury will still go into the game as favourites, they still have a very strong top 20.

For Parra to win they will need to target your centres with Lyon, Grothe Vaealiki.

Moffo

Referee
I think we will be underdogs....Parra have a much more settled team

(as much as i hate to say it). I still think we will win though!

Cheers,
Moffo

Foz

Bench
I thought Roy Asotasi would be one to watch this year. A few clubs were chasing him. Is he in the 17 or PL?
Sounds like the Dogs have a few good forwards.

Phillips

Referee
i just want to see Willie Tonga play i hope he goes well this season (apart from this game)

RB30DETT

Juniors
Foz said:
I thought Roy Asotasi would be one to watch this year. A few clubs were chasing him. Is he in the 17 or PL?
Sounds like the Dogs have a few good forwards.

Asotasi is on the bench.

RB30DETT

Juniors
Tuesday, March 09, 2004 3:40:26 PM
SONNY BILL NAMED TO DEBUT IN CENTRES THIS WEEKEND

Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs coach, Steve Folkes, has named young sensation Sonny Bill Williams in the centres for this Saturday's round one NRL blockbuster against the Parramatta Eels. Williams will make his first grade debut alongside new recruit Willie Tonga in the centres.

Folkes has named former Raiders back Jamaal Lolesi on the wing after two sensational performances for the Bulldogs in their two trial games.

Braith Anasta has been named at lock with youngster Johnathan Thurston getting the chance to partner Brent Sherwin in the Halves.

Dennis Scott gets a start with the absence of Mark O'Meley due to an eye socket injury.

Others unavailable for selection were Ben Harris (shoulder injury) and Matt Utai (suspension).

MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC BULLDOGS TEAM (Rd 1 vs Parramatta)

1 LUKE PATTEN
2 HAZEM EL MASRI
3 SONNY BILL WILLIAMS
4 WILLIE TONGA
5 JAMAAL LOLESI
6 JOHNATHAN THURSTON
7 BRENT SHERWIN
8 DENNIS SCOTT
9 COREY HUGHES
10 STEVEN PRICE
11 WILLIE MASON
12 ANDREW RYAN
13 BRAITH ANASTA

Interchange
14 TONY GRIMALDI
15 ROY ASOTASI
16 JAMIE FEENEY
17 HUTCH MAIAVA
18 GLEN HUGHES
(one to be ommitted)

Coach Steve Folkes

Pazza

First Grade
Do you guys think that Sonny Bill Williams future in first grade is in the centres or the backrow?

ByRd

First Grade
utai is suspended for the first 2 matches
harris is out for the first month(shoulder injury)
o meley is out for 1-2wks(eye socket injury)

woodgers

Bench
Pretty good side there. The big question that no one knows is where will the players minds be. So hard to tell and a nightmare for the footy tippers.

Latest posts