What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team to play dragons

INteresting - had to make sure it wasn't April again.

Fair enough giving Casey a farewell game but we are going to look stupid if he gets injured again shortly after he takes the field.

Well, if we're getting the spoon anyways might as well give Casey one last hurrah.

He's an old Parra boy and a friend of Hindy and Burt from way back. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for him to be given a run, fitness allowing.

As long as Hindmarsh and Burt score I don't give a shit if we get beaten 50-12.

I agree, seasons been so shit it defies description, so why f**king not? I reckon we'll see a game of touch, neither team has any f**king creditability to play for...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That makes five retirees on Sunday. The addition of McGuire should guarantee another twenty thousand fans turn up on Sunday. Go Casey!

Is Fui injured or suspended? It's a pity he couldn't play in his retirement match too. :(

TheParraboy

Staff member
INteresting - had to make sure it wasn't April again.

Fair enough giving Casey a farewell game but we are going to look stupid if he gets injured again shortly after he takes the field.

we wouldnt want to ruin our einstein of a year would we :sarcasm:

The Colonel

Immortal
Other than Terepo what other props do we have that we can actually bring up without busting the second tier salary cap??

bartman

Immortal
With Casey Maguire now also added to the retirement match, maybe we need another late stadium switch to the MCG, just to ensure capacity. Wouldn't be very inconvenient when you think about the potential benefits, and it would only be the usual few whingers who raise a fuss!

Seriously though, I'm surprised but glad to see that Casey made it back from injury for a farewell game, and to reach his 150th as well. Even if it's only a 20 minute cameo at dummy half while Smith takes a break, then why not? :thumn.

As for the rest of the bench comprising three back rowers... I really don't know what to think? Surely under these circumstances (and in Fuifui's absence) Terepo deserved a go in front of Lasalo, just for one week?

natheel

Coach
got the wooden spoon so whats the problem with putting Casey there? He started his career and worked hard to get back from injury, he probably will only play for 10 minutes.

Watching the video on the site made it all too real for me. Hindy and Burt are retiring :( and congrats to Casey for his 150th and last game.

Loved Burty 'at five eight we have Ben Roberts, yep......Ben Roberts' hahahahaha

Eels Dude

Coach
Casey's inclusion must be just to honour him, but really its not like he's been a loyal clubman or great player to deserve that honour. Lend him to the Broncos for the weekend, with Paulo already on the bench and no props that's a very tiny bench.