What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team to play Tiggers

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
The warriors need to get a white guy at standoff who can kick for distance or buy a kicker from Rugby Union like Aaron Mauger

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
doogiehowser_md said:
The warriors need to get a white guy at standoff who can kick for distance or buy a kicker from Rugby Union like Aaron Mauger
Because only white guys can kick, right? I'm so over the constant insinuation that polynesians can't play footy unless they have a whitey telling them what to do....

Kakihara

Juniors
doogiehowser_md said:

You mean like in the nfl where they have a player used only for kicking, except ours will be known as the white guy who kicks.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Because only white guys can kick, right?
Can you name a brown brother who can? Distance that is.Im brown myself so Im not being racist or anything. I think it all starts from when we are young and we(polynesians) thought it was more fun to run the ball, while the pakehas were too scared of the young big polys running at them so they got their kicking game down to a tee from a young age :lol:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
SpaceMonkey said:
Lego_Man said:
JamesWebster's#1fan said:
no impact prop off the bench?? i'd have villasanti instead of temata unless hes injured?

Wheres Lauaki when you need him?

Agreed, although Te Mata has been solid so far, considering our lighter forward pack this year i think we need another big bopper in the absence of Ruben.

Having said that, i don't really mind too much. (Checked the stats, Villa and Te Mata weigh the same anyway)
I was really impressed with Te Mata last weekend, I think he earned another run. His defence was as brutal as always but he was a bit more ddamaging with the ball in hand, although he's still not a genuine yardage man.

Ooh no dis-respect ato Te Mata was ment there. If it were up to me, he'd still have a run somewhere. What im concerned about is impact props? Te Mata has got brutal defence and can be damaging with the ball in hand, yes i agree but he is not an impact player. Hope we getta see Te Mata and Villa off the bench, would be awesome.

Cant wait for the match

bayrep

Juniors
Does anyone know what the feeling is toward the game in Christchruch i.e. are we looking at a big crowd ?

bayrep said:
Does anyone know what the feeling is toward the game in Christchruch i.e. are we looking at a big crowd ?

From Christchurchs newspaper the press

John Coffey

Jade Stadium officials are expecting a crowd of between 18,000 and 20,000 for Saturday night's National Rugby League match between the New Zealand Warriors and Wests Tigers.

Spokesman Greg O'Connor said yester day early sales pointed to a bigger attendance than the 16,221 for last year's first Tigers ``home game'' in Christchurch.

That was a mid-season Sunday afternoon match dogged by plenty of negatives.

``Last year the Warriors had just lost their coach (Daniel Anderson) and star player (Ali Lauitiiti) two weeks before their trip to Jade Stadium, which resulted in a 50-4 drubbing at the hands of the Tigers,'' O'Connor said.

``This time we couldn't have asked for more from the Tigers. They have beaten both of last year's grand finalists, the champion Canterbury Bulldogs and runners-up Sydney Roosters, in the last two weeks.''

Rising New Zealand star Benji Marshall was missing from last season's game because of a shoulder injury. In recent weeks he has been in sparkling form, individually and in partnership with former Queensland scrum-half Scott Prince.

Wests Tigers have also gained two Kiwi internationals over the last 12 months. During the off-season the club signed test centre Paul Whatuira from Penrith, while utility Dene Halatau made his debut at the Tri-Nations tournament in England.

Highly promising young forward Bron son Harrison completes the Kiwi quartet.

The Tigers, in sixth position, are one rung above the Warriors on the NRL competition ladder. The Warriors did their bit for the Jade Stadium promotion by over-running South Sydney in Auckland last Sunday, having already beaten the Broncos in Brisbane.

``The influence of the new recruits has certainly been evident in the Warriors' performances. They have made a huge difference in attitude alone, and it is reflected in the way the team is playing,'' O'Connor said.

``Traditionally, rugby league games produce a strong walk-up crowd and even the weather forecast is on our side this time.''

Pretty good considering Ericcson get about 9500 a game

mahanga

Juniors
Looking at the Warriors team,I think they have too much experience and power right across the paddock.

We will beat the Tigers with a score similar to the Rabbitohs one.

Our "Little Men" will run rings around theirs,with Lance Hohaia playing the star roll!!!!!

Skinner

Coach
mahanga said:
Looking at the Warriors team,I think they have too much experience and power right across the paddock.

Our "Little Men" will run rings around theirs,with Lance Hohaia playing the star roll!!!!!

You are kidding aren't you.......

mahanga

Juniors
The "Kiwi Connection" with the Tigers would'nt know whether they're Arthur or Martha when Price and the Boys have finished with them.

They,ll all be doing the "Benji Hop " up the tunnell!!!!!

Skinner

Coach
mahanga said:
The "Kiwi Connection" with the Tigers would'nt know whether they're Arthur or Martha when Price and the Boys have finished with them.

Good oh :lol: :lol: :lol:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
mahanga said:

You know I though there was only one Mad Maori around here but I was obviously wrong!!!

ozbash

Referee

what do you guys think of the "hop" ?,, i can see it going horribly wrong one day and either benji or harmichael tying themselves into a knot.

be a bit embarrasing.. does sbw do it ?

Iafeta

Referee
doogiehowser_md said:

I reckon the kicking game, apart from the first game, has been pretty good.

shaneh

Juniors
it will be interesting watching the next kiwi halfback star against his future teammates, benji is a great prospect waiting for his time and the anzac test this year will be his foray into the big time.

bayrep

Juniors
mahanga said:

I am sure the Bulldogs and Roosters siad the same thing.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
#-o at the constant selection, and inevitable dumping of Lance Hohaia.

Ropati was going great at 6, gets shifted to fullback, is awful, and gets dropped? Ridiculous.

We have the (potential) answer to our problems at 6 right under our nose, and we keep going back to the same old crap.

Good team apart from that though. What happened to Ropati's lifting charge? We seem to be getting a little justice at the judiciary for a change.

Latest posts