What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Broncos

White Tiger

Juniors
Radisson Maine Wests Tigers Head Coach, Tim Sheens has announced his team for the game against the Brisbane Broncos, on Saturday 16 August 2003 at Suncorp Stadium. Kick off is at 7.30pm.

1. Robert Miles
2. Nick Bradley - Qalilawa
3. John Wilson
4. Mark O’Halloran
5. Luke Covell
6. Dene Halatau
7. Daniel Fitzhenry
8. Corey Pearson
9. Robert Mears
10. John Skandalis
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark O’Neill ©
13. Terry Hill
Interchange:
14. Trent Clayton
15. Chris Paterson
16. Willie Manu
17. Steve Trindall
19. Chris Heighington

braz

Juniors
has dene played 5/8th before? i know he is a great runner but how is his passing / kicking game?

that forward pack looks a lot better than last week.

oro

Juniors
Hopefully Manu will be the player to drop off the bench. At least Heighington for all his inexperience will have a go.

brook

First Grade
I've never seen dene at 5/8th before...he's a fine fullback and plays lock as well so i guess i can see the logic but its a gamble...can't say i've ever seen him kick the ball...

salivor

First Grade
The Broncos side for this match is:

1: Michael DeVere
2: Craig Frawley
3: Brent Tate
4: Tonie Carroll
5: Stuart Kelly
6: Casey McGuire
7: Shaun Berrigan
8: Shane Webcke (c)
9: Richard Swain
10: Petero Civoniceva
11: Carl Webb
12: Corey Parker
13: Dane Carlaw

INTERCHANGE:
14: Michael Coorey
15: Andrew Gee
16: David Stagg
17: Neale Wyatt
18: Darren Mapp

We've got Lockyer, Ikin, Meyers, Prince, Minto and Seymour all out injured. Lockyer was going to return for this match but its probably better that he puts it off one more week. The real problem with this side is that theres no natural playmaker. Its ok to team up Maguire and Berrigan when you have Lockyer in the side but we don't have him. Last week the Broncos didn't kick in until Prince came onto the field. I'd expect this one to be a tight one as both sides will probably have a bit of trouble scoring points.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Interesting to see Dene at 5/8th. :?

Don't be to surprised to see Dene go back to the centers and see Wilson slot into 5/8th. ;-)

Good to see Twinkle Toes Pearson back as well.
:D

Tigerpete

Juniors
I guess what could happen is that if Dene is struggling at 5/8 in a big way it could allow Wilson to swap with him. I think Timmy is reluctant to move Wilson from centre though?

Blocker Shaw

Juniors
i would have thought tippett would be ni line for a call-up. fitzy at half worries me. there'll be grubber kicks a plenty on saturday!! and with dene at 5/8 i am really concerned about a kicking game.

but sheens could be doing this to protect some young kid from the media spotlight. and i dont mean to start another debate but it could well be benji. he's already up there and would have an impact in the halves. but sheens did give the impression he was only going to play one game this year...

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Blocker Shaw said:
but sheens could be doing this to protect some young kid from the media spotlight. and i dont mean to start another debate but it could well be benji. he's already up there and would have an impact in the halves. but sheens did give the impression he was only going to play one game this year...

I was thinking along these same lines because of Benji only living less than 40mins away from the ground.

In saying this Benji would be a 99% chance of not getting a run for this game due to trying to keep the preassure of the kid ready for next season ;-)

Tigerpete

Juniors
I dont know what this means so take it as u wish but look at our team sheet for the game. Numbers 1-17 are listed and then there is number 19??? why? where is 18? Could it mean changes?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Tigerpete said:
I dont know what this means so take it as u wish but look at our team sheet for the game. Numbers 1-17 are listed and then there is number 19??? why? where is 18? Could it mean changes?

Could mean Marshall like last time lol of well time will tell I guess but I really don't see him playing in the middle of his studies (which he requested off)

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Mighty Tiger said:
Tigerpete said:

Could mean Marshall like last time lol of well time will tell I guess but I really don't see him playing in the middle of his studies (which he requested off)

Trials for most schools finish tommorow. :D

I dont expect him to play though, but it is a bit sus leaving number 18 out.

HappyTiger

Juniors
Im all 4 Sheens pulling Benji into the team.It would certainly give us a bit more spark around the park.But seeing he's picked Dene there i cant see it happening.Then we'd have two backs on the bench.Unless Wilson was to move to the 2nd row and play Halatau in the centres.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah i really dont know what it means, i pointed it out cuz i thought it could mean something but looking at the squad, its not really built for late changes........IF marshall was called up , it would mean we have one too many backs in the squad.

MAGGIES

Juniors
Hopefully the team looks like this...

1. Robert Miles
14. Trent CLayton
3. John Wilson
6. Dene Halatau
5. Luke Covell
7. Daniel Fitzhenry
18. Benji Marshall
8. Corey Pearson
9. Robert Mears
10. John Skandalis
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark O’Neill ©
13. Terry Hill
Interchange:
15. Chris Paterson
16. Willie Manu
17. Clint Hill
19. Chris Heighington

WE would win for sure with this team.. 8)

macnaz

Staff member
Radisson Maine Wests Tigers Head Coach, Tim Sheens has announced his team for the game against the Brisbane Broncos, on Saturday 16 August 2003 at Suncorp Stadium. Kick off is at 7.30pm.

1. Robert Miles
2. Nick Bradley - Qalilawa
3. John Wilson
4. Mark O’Halloran
5. Luke Covell
6. Dene Halatau
7. Daniel Fitzhenry
8. Corey Pearson
9. Robert Mears
10. John Skandalis
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark O’Neill ©
13. Terry Hill
Interchange:
14. Trent Clayton
15. Chris Paterson
16. Willie Manu
17. Steve Trindall
19. Chris Heighington
Tim Shines all time best team.. hahaha i cant believed this side actualy played a game.:lol:

tiger_nick

Bench
Benji came in and played 5/8 in his second 1st grade game. I remember getting the tip and won a lot of money when we pulled off a 12-10 upset

Latest posts