What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Eels Round 7 2012

Surely

Post Whore
Whats stupid is havinga shyte fullback when you could have had a good one who'd just revert to 6 in attack.

shaggs

Coach
Wright's best position is fullback.

Everyone at the club and the other players know this.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
And Gardner used that pace to do what other than run sideways?

Wright is tough as nails and at least knows how to run straight and hard.

Maybe Gal should play fullback if that is your criteria :)

In all seriousness tho, im not sure Wright has ever really been given a chance to show what he can do. I have not been impressed by what he has shown in the past, but I dont really think he is a winger.

This is his chance, he needs to take this opportunity with both hands, if he fails at fullback then I think the NRL is over for Matt.

RUBIKS

Juniors
I might be a little biased but i do think Callum is a better player than Pickerd at this point.

Pickerd is so green and does some heavy mistakes thast would make Gardener proud.

Callum is not as quick I agree but a better line runner, has a good passing game and tough as nails.

I'm a little disappointed he's been dropped, Endeavor Junior who just wants to play for the sharks.

He has a real confidence issue right now despite his talents.

I believe he would be better served as a hooker though.

Callum is listed as injured on the Sharks site. round 10 - Achilles.

carinashark

First Grade
Wright has a problem with the high ball. If he can catch it on the full he may go ok. If he let's it bounce he is in big trouble. What hs happened to this guy? Junior kangaroo , now as center not so good, winger, mistake prone and not so fast, now we try FB. It would be great to see him grab FB and make it his own this weekend. We really need him to show us.

webShark

And Gardner used that pace to do what other than run sideways?

Wright is tough as nails and at least knows how to run straight and hard.

You have a good point. I am going on what they are capable of more than what they have shown. I am not a huge Gards fan. On record for criticizing his Toyota form. Saw him live a few times and poor defence every game. Not seen Wright show much at all. Good authority has Ike chosen if eligible.

My main problem with Gards is positioning. With Wright it is inability to break the line. Fortunately, Flanno seems to be getting the best out of his players. I must admit I crave for the attacking style of the Peachey heydays but have to admit we haven't the troops to play that way. At the start of the year I would have said we couldn't win 5 straight. Looks like I'm wrong. Hopefully we can build on each win. I still don't see us across the line against Parra for example. I can see us losing 12 straight quite easily. SOO is pivotal. Playing without Gall and Carney will be tough. An injury to Gall will screw us big time.carney too. God help us if Robson and Graham are in charge of directing the attack.

For the record, I see FB as a problem position for us with Gards the best option in the squad. There is no Ben Barba in the wings , so we will have to patch things over till someone emerges. Past eras we could have filled in with Rogers or Presto,even Whippet. I think Brett Kearney was also a loss. Enough for now.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
You have a good point. I am going on what they are capable of more than what they have shown. I am not a huge Gards fan. On record for criticizing his Toyota form. Saw him live a few times and poor defence every game. Not seen Wright show much at all. Good authority has Ike chosen if eligible.

My main problem with Gards is positioning. With Wright it is inability to break the line. Fortunately, Flanno seems to be getting the best out of his players. I must admit I crave for the attacking style of the Peachey heydays but have to admit we haven't the troops to play that way. At the start of the year I would have said we couldn't win 5 straight. Looks like I'm wrong. Hopefully we can build on each win. I still don't see us across the line against Parra for example. I can see us losing 12 straight quite easily. SOO is pivotal. Playing without Gall and Carney will be tough. An injury to Gall will screw us big time.carney too. God help us if Robson and Graham are in charge of directing the attack.

For the record, I see FB as a problem position for us with Gards the best option in the squad. There is no Ben Barba in the wings , so we will have to patch things over till someone emerges. Past eras we could have filled in with Rogers or Presto,even Whippet. I think Brett Kearney was also a loss. Enough for now.

Wright can break the line, don't worry about that. He'll be even better at it from the back.

In the last game he ran the little inside out play off Gall like Gards should be. The pass gets knocked down by a Dragon player which snuffed it out. Later he runs this play off Best.

He'll do OK.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I hope your right frenz. Tbh i've never been a fan but thought he had an excellent game against the Steelers. Hopefully the oppertunity to cement a regular spot in his preferred position will bring out the best in him.

Ads

First Grade
He might run the play but a prop would run him down if he made the break.

Stuff

Juniors

Coffee cup half empty is it?