What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Eels

Meth

Staff member
Lots of players returning. Maumalo. Fusitu'a (I assume). Herbert. Lawton perhaps.

1- Tuivasa-Sheck
2- Fusitu'a/Pompey
3- Hiku
4- Herbert/Beale
5- Maumalo
6- Nikorima
7- Green
8- Paasi
9- Luke
10- Ah Mau
11- Blair
12- Pulu
13- Burr

Res- Afoa, Lisone, Tevaga, Harris-Tavita

I think Papali'i needs a spell

Iafeta

Referee
Fusitua unlikely to play next week according to Kearney.

Papalii I would spell when Tohu is back. Blair’s hitting form, Jazz is working his slot off, Tohu on the right would be great for us.

Meth

Staff member
If Fusitu'a is not back, is it Beale, Pompey or Ayshford?

Campion

Juniors
I agree Papali'i should be dropped. Would love: 11 Burr, 12 Harris 13 Tevaga . Think the big boys on the edges would really complement Tevaga's game. Bench of Blair, Pulu, Afoa, Lawton/CHT/notBeale/Lisone(depending on if need bigger team). Have Blair come sub on either for Jazz if he tiring (tho i think fine there for 80 mins), or as a prop rotation from the bench -- where he's been at his best (cf Broncos)

Meth

Staff member
I agree Papali'i should be dropped. Would love: 11 Burr, 12 Harris 13 Tevaga . Think the big boys on the edges would really complement Tevaga's game.

Yeah, I could get down with that.

TheDMC

Bench
Pompey for mine, especially if we’re planning to keep him.
Agree, he was solid in his debut. Runs hard and has some body size whereas Beale unfortunately is just not big/strong enough, and not fast or evasive so really has not much to offer except experience.

Papalili... needs to go. Got no go forward or skills on display this season so really a waste of space.

Iafeta

Referee
Beale. I’m his harshest critic but the last couple of games he has got a bit of his zip back.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Beale. I’m his harshest critic but the last couple of games he has got a bit of his zip back.

I thought he was decent too, certainly defensively. Right now we don’t have too many passengers/liabilities, Papali’i is the only one I’d point fingers at. But the attacking game plan still needs fixing or it won’t pay off.

TheDMC

Bench
Damn it, my hopes are getting up.

Brisbane have a similarly tough run in as we do, but offset by lots of home games.

After their easy win against Titans today...
v Storm (H)
v Cowboys (A)
v Panthers (H)
v Rabbits (H)
v Parramatta (H)
v Bulldogs (A)

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Vodafone Warriors v Eels
3.00pm, Saturday, July 27, 2019

Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
Referees: Chris Sutton And Chris Butler

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c)
2 Gerard Beale
3 Peta Hiku
4 Blake Ayshford
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Kodi Nikorima
7 Blake Green
8 Agnatius Paasi
9 Issac Luke
10 Leeson Ah Mau
11 Adam Blair
12 Isaiah Papali’i
13 Jazz Tevaga

Interchange:
14 Lachlan Burr
15 Sam Lisone
16 Bunty Afoa
17 Chanel Harris-Tavita
18 Adam Pompey
20 Adam Keighran
21 Ligi Sao
23 Chris Satae

Blair

Coach
I think that's the first time Keighran's been named in the squad since he was dropped after round four.

He's been going good in reserves.

Latest posts