What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Roosters - Cayless out

emjaycee

Coach
Not sure about only having 3 props... seems like we play our best games with 2 genuine props on the bench. Might have been a good opportunity to have another look at Fa'aoso or even give Oake a run in firsts.

Having said that, the 17 named all deserve to be there IMHO.

Bigfella

Coach
I agree he's more effective off the bench but he has had some strong games starting.

Panthers game last year he was devastating and got us off to an early lead.

Kornstar

Coach
Riddell will need to play his whole game in the backrow imo if we are going to be serious about winning. With Cayless out it is a must that we have good go forward and Riddell in the backrow has been outstanding this season when he goes there in his second stint on the field.

yy_cheng

Coach
In the Drags match, I was wondering, where's caylo in the 2nd half. This sort of explains it.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Tahu problably came back a week early against the Warriors and as it turned out he re-injured the hamstring so by not rushing Tahu back this week and the Eels having the bye next week and on top of that the game the week after being Monday it effectivly gives Tahu an extra 16 days to fully recover

Suitman

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
Tahu problably came back a week early against the Warriors and as it turned out he re-injured the hamstring so by not rushing Tahu back this week and the Eels having the bye next week and on top of that the game the week after being Monday it effectivly gives Tahu an extra 16 days to fully recover

Until he does it again in his return match.

Suity

yy_cheng

Coach
Tahu should come on as a attacking running 2nd rower! LOL!

Comes on makes a few hard fast hitups, make a few shoulder charges, then come off, stretch the hammies and then do it all again!

Nickeel

Juniors
yy_cheng said:
In the Drags match, I was wondering, where's caylo in the 2nd half. This sort of explains it.

But he was on the field for a lot of it, I thought. I remember him running back to set for the kickoff after all three of our tries.

A damn shame. Hopefully he can be back sooner + the bye accounts for one of the four weeks. Big loss.

Nick

strider

Post Whore
mmmmm - i noticed the dr with caylo looking at his hand during the game ... bummer!

We won't have any problems with players being out for origin as we have the bye the weekend before.

Iwi Huaraki goes pretty well. Runs hard pretty hard and has good speed.

Gronk

Staff member
Parra Guru said:
How far off is he? If both our wingers get the call up for game 3, we're seriously going to need him.

Pretty sure SoO 3 the Wed after our Bye. So their selection would have no impact.

EDIT: Snap !

The Colonel

Immortal
Inspirational Parramatta Eels captain Nathan Cayless has been diagnosed with a broken hand following Sunday's 20 points to 12 win over St George Illawarra at Parramatta Stadium.

The injured will force the Kiwi International off the field for around 4 weeks.

Nathan Hindmarsh will captain the Eels side in his absence, starting against the Sydney Roosters on Saturday night (23 June) at Aussie Stadium. Josh Cordoba moves into the starting side while Daniel Wagon returns from illness.

The match will be the 150th in the NRL for Ian Hindmarsh.

Below are the teams for all three Parramatta grades for this weekend in their clashes with Sydney Roosters and Newtown Jets outfits.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=14106

Hurriflatch

Referee
if only Ian had gotten 1 more game earlier it could've been Ian's 150th and Nathan's 200th on the same day

PARRA_FAN

Coach
bugger. :(

thats a huge blow, hopefully the forwards can still step up without Cayless. Why is whenever Parra's in this position we cop an injury. This will be a tough game, but I think Fui starting is probably good just needs to run at the little blokes.

Stagger eel

Staff member
we've had a good run with injuries, this in the scheme of things should be a minor setback if Caylo's the difference between winning or losing this saturday than we're not worthy of any place in the 8.

Hurriflatch

Referee
If Finch drops out I'm getting worried look what happened the last time that Finch didn't play

Finch is Parra's A.Johns