What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Sharks

Big Marn

Bench
I feel sorry for CNK tbh. I think he's basically played the same as last year (I imagine the stats would show this) and he's being criticised because the team sucks.

All effort, high work rate FB in a good team - "He's exactly what we need"
All effort, high work rate FB in a shit team - "We need more spark"

I have little faith that we take a quantum leap forward on the "spark" front with a 31-turning-32 RTS next year either
hes missed a few games this year. 16 played. But averaging 200+m a game and 4.13 tackle breaks a game. RTS from the centre position is 4.20 tackle breaks a game, but he did move about in the backline so hard one to compare.

Matua

Bench
@sup42 Have you got evidence that CNK "demanded" to only be fullback? He seems like a selfless player from the outside looking in.

In general, is TMM injured or just in the Johnson's back so we can only play the running 6 now so left right out camp?

I feel sorry for CNK tbh. I think he's basically played the same as last year (I imagine the stats would show this) and he's being criticised because the team sucks.

I have little faith that we take a quantum leap forward on the "spark" front with a 31-turning-32 RTS next year either
I think you will find most people who don't want CNK @ full back still want him in the team.
I said centre or a running 5/8. It's not a direct attack on CNK's abilities more so the style we play as a team.
CNK being that workhorse / effort guy does not suit us especially with our mediocre halves and slow backline. CNK style suits a faster team like the Titans or Manly.

You look at the Raiders and how Ricky dropped CNK to cup, CNK didn't like that one bit and ended up coming over here after that. Ricky must of seen something in Charnze that told him he's not a full back.

sup42

Juniors
@sup42 Have you got evidence that CNK "demanded" to only be fullback? He seems like a selfless player from the outside looking in.

In general, is TMM injured or just in the Johnson's back so we can only play the running 6 now so left right out camp?
Just what he said in the media when his return to the Warriors was announced he said he agreed to the deal on the basis he would be at fullback.
He is a selfless person I agree but I guess he knows what is best for him personally and advocated for his career which I have no problem with until the team interests supersede a players wishes.

Martins listed with a neck injury and no specified recovery time.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I think you will find most people who don't want CNK @ full back still want him in the team.
I said centre or a running 5/8. It's not a direct attack on CNK's abilities more so the style we play as a team.
CNK being that workhorse / effort guy does not suit us especially with our mediocre halves and slow backline. CNK style suits a faster team like the Titans or Manly.

You look at the Raiders and how Ricky dropped CNK to cup, CNK didn't like that one bit and ended up coming over here after that. Ricky must of seen something in Charnze that told him he's not a full back.
I agree with this, we need more points scoring flair, I reckon. And a coach to bring it out. CNK was probably ideal last year with SJ fit and on form, Metcalf running loose, Egan sniping etc, but this year with none of those guys in form or fit, he's been a cart horse. But to be fair, we've needed him to be.

We really need Egan to find form next year, starting busting the middle open like he did early season, and someone running off his shoulder. When you look at the metre-eater we will have up front, surely we get field position, and it's a case of making it count - as we did so little this year.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I honestly just think CNK is playing centre because our top 3 centres are out and Webster thinks this is the strongest team available (i.e. he rates Tuaupiki higher than MGT). Remember CNK played 6 against the Panthers, so it's not a hard and fast policy that CNK must be fullback. I think the policy is just that when he and RTS are both available, CNK is first choice fullback and RTS is first choice centre.

I'd love to believe Webster is being flexible but looking at the rest of the team, nah - he's still just picking what he thinks is the strongest line-up.

Completely agree with both of these. Especially the edict about feeling sorry for CNK. And the spark of a near on 32 year old Roger.

Latest posts