What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Warrington, 28/1 Redfern Oval

Big Sam

First Grade
The Rabbitohs’ Return to Redfern 2012 team is:

1) Justin Hunt
2) Chris McQueen
3) Shaune Corrigan
4) Matt King
5) Fetuli Talanoa
6) Ryan Carr
7) Adam Reynolds
8) Scott Geddes
9) Nathan Peats
10) Josh Starling
11) Eddy Pettybourne
12) Dave Tyrrell
13) Jason Clark

Interchange:

14) Brendan McKinnon
15) Curtis Johnston
16) George Burgess
17) Neccrom Areaiiti
18) Blake Judd
19) Andrew Everingham

Coach – Michael Maguire

A higher number of regular first graders than there usually is for the Redfern fixture but given the season's starting in 6 weeks it's not surprising.

All attention will obviously be on Reynolds but I'm also very interested to see how useful a back-up Carr will be for Sutton.

Also does anyone think that Issac could lose his starting spot especially if Peatsy has three impressive trial matches?

hunters

Juniors
As much as I've been impressed with Peats, I'd be astonished if he knocked off Luke and he provides a lot more versatilty from the bench.

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
As much as I've been impressed with Peats, I'd be astonished if he knocked off Luke and he provides a lot more versatilty from the bench.

Mate i dunno if you haven't noticed that none of our big guns are playing, which means no G.I, Sammy, DT, Sutto, Mez or Issac.

hunters

Juniors
Mate i dunno if you haven't noticed that none of our big guns are playing, which means no G.I, Sammy, DT, Sutto, Mez or Issac.
Yeah I noticed but not sure what you're getting at. I was responding to Big Sams questions about our hooker for the season.

Issac will get some game time in the next 2 trials and I can't see Peats taking Luke's starting position based on a few trials.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Yeah I noticed but not sure what you're getting at. I was responding to Big Sams questions about our hooker for the season.

Issac will get some game time in the next 2 trials and I can't see Peats taking Luke's starting position based on a few trials.

Have to remember Issac is suspended for 2 matches, which will be the next two trial matches, hopefully not the Charity Shield though...

Big Sam

First Grade
Have to remember Issac is suspended for 2 matches, which will be the next two trial matches, hopefully not the Charity Shield though...

NRL considers the game against Warrington to be a 'friendly' and is not included in his suspension meaning Isaac will not play any trial games. His first game in 2012 will be Round 1 MNF v Easts.

t10do

Juniors
but I'm also very interested to see how useful a back-up Carr will be for Sutton.

Also does anyone think that Issac could lose his starting spot ?

Don't want to sound too harsh considering he has just stepped into top tier football......but from what I have seen Carr is many games (probably seasons) away from being a "decent" back-up. Lets just hope Madge keeps it simple. However, think it is the type of game Taylor made for Hunt at 1. Nothing to lose really so hopefully a bit of razzle-dazzle.

As for Luke......he will be at 9 come the Roosters unless someone breaks HIS leg.

boo_boo

Juniors
Good to see Maguires keeping an open mind & giving other blokes a go.
Really keen to see how Ryan Carr & Justin Hunt go.
Cant wait for this game, just hope that it's not a scorcher like last year.

DC_fan

Coach
Good to see Maguires keeping an open mind & giving other blokes a go.
Really keen to see how Ryan Carr & Justin Hunt go.
Cant wait for this game, just hope that it's not a scorcher like last year.
The way Sydney's weather has been this summer it won't be hot.

Galeforce

Bench
james roberts /??? i was hoping to see some experimentation of Roberts at half , not sure how he makes the top team unless he takes the fullback role from Merritt . we risk losing him if we cannot create a permanent position for him during 2012.

iainlevy

Juniors
interesting that George Burgess didn't get a start in the R2R. Wondering if this means Madge has no plans for him in first grade this year.

Isaaxe

Juniors
George Burgess has been prominent at training and is playing in the RTR game- so do not understand your post.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
james roberts /??? i was hoping to see some experimentation of Roberts at half , not sure how he makes the top team unless he takes the fullback role from Merritt . we risk losing him if we cannot create a permanent position for him during 2012.

Roberts is not ready at the moment as he is still getting over an injury.