What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Cowboys

Fensom and Mogg in for Raiders

8/06/2010 2:13:55 PM

Canberra Raiders duo Shaun Fensom and Adam Mogg will return to the top seventeen this week for the Green Machine, for the clash against the North Queensland Cowboys on Saturday night at Dairy Farmers Stadium.
Raiders forwards David Shillington and Tom Learoyd-Lahrs will be missing from the line-up due to state of origin commitments, while the Raiders could also be missing Josh Dugan after he was named in an extended squad for NSW.
Dugan will await the outcome of tonight’s NRL judiciary hearing involving Jarryd Hayne, with the outcome to determine whether Dugan will get the chance to debut for his state.
Raiders Coach David Furner said the changes to the side should not affect the team too much and was confident the players who were coming in would do the job for his team.
“Shaun Fensom and Adam Mogg are very handy players who will be able to come straight back in to the side and perform for us,” Furner said. “We showed against the Dragons we have some good depth in the team and hopefully we can show it against the Cowboys.”
Furner said the Raiders would rotate their forwards to accommodate the changes and said the team had a number of players who could cover the front row.
“We’ve only named one front rower on the bench but we have Trevor Thurling who can push up into the front row and Joe Picker can to if required,” Furner said. “We’ve also got Adam Mogg on the bench who can cover a number of positions in the backline including the halves.”
The Raiders have named Danny Galea as 18th man for the match and he is expected to travel with the team to Townsville.
Raiders forward Josh Miller was ruled out today for one week with a hamstring injury, but is expected to be available for the Raiders round 15 clash against the Tigers.

CANBERRA RAIDERS V NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS
SATURDAY JUNE 12, 7.30PM
DAIRY FARMERS STADIUM
NRL
1. JOSH DUGAN (Subject to availability)
2. JOEL MONAGHAN
3. JARROD CROKER
4. JOEL THOMPSON
5. DANIEL VIDOT
6. TERRY CAMPESE (C)
7. JOSH McCRONE
8. DANE TILSE
9. GLEN BUTTRISS
10. SCOTT LOGAN
11. JOE PICKER
12. BRONSON HARRISON
13. TREVOR THURLING

14. TRAVIS WADDELL
15. SHAUN FENSOM
16. TROY THOMPSON
17. ADAM MOGG
18. DANNY GALEA
COACH: DAVID FURNER

TOYOTA CUP
1. HAYDON HODGE
2. CHRIS MEDCALF
3. MICHAEL CULLEN
4. DRURY LOW
5. MICHAEL THOMAS
6. JAMES SMART
7. SAM WILLIAMS (C)
8. MARK APPLETON
9. MATT MCILWRICK
10. MITCH KENNEDY
11. SAMI SAUILUMA
12. MARK NICHOLLS
13. TOM MURPHY
14. MICHAEL NIXON
15. KARL SILVANO
16. MICHAEL CHEE KAM
17. PAUL VAUGHAN
COACH: DAVID HAMILTON
http://www.raiders.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=26593

Last edited:
Mogg was an automatic selection after last week. We cant afford not carrying a back on the bench.

It will be interesting to see who covers Dugan if he should get selected.

By the reports Milne had a very good game last week and is getting back to his old self.

Talanexor

Juniors
Lol, does it even matter which side you pick? You could clone McCrone 17 times and play with a team of him and STILL beat us.

We won't have Thurston, Tonga or Scott either due to SoO.

I don't really want to watch this match.

Lol, does it even matter which side you pick? You could clone McCrone 17 times and play with a team of him and STILL beat us.

We won't have Thurston, Tonga or Scott either due to SoO.

I don't really want to watch this match.

I hope you are right.

But its these games that worry me the most.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Wow! I forgot u guys will be missing those 3! :) yay we should win!
Still think Picker should be dropped

shear_joy9

Coach
1. JOSH DUGAN (Milne)
2. JOEL MONAGHAN
3. JARROD CROKER
4. JOEL THOMPSON
5. Robinson, Stuart or Brophy
6. TERRY CAMPESE (C)
7. JOSH McCRONE
8. DANE TILSE
9. GLEN BUTTRISS
10. SCOTT LOGAN
11. TREVOR THURLING
12. BRONSON HARRISON
13. SHAUN FENSOM

14. JUSTIN CARNEY
15. DANNY GALEA
16. TROY THOMPSON
17. ADAM MOGG

Fensom on the bench is a waste, the guy's main quality is his workrate not impact.

I don't see a point playing waddell for 10min a game and he is no-where buttriss' form at the moment. You could put Carney into waddell's role and he would a far greater impact. He could be quite devastating in the final 20min of a game.

Ideally I'd want mccrone dropped aswell, but that's never going to happen. I find it funny that in both the wests tigers and titans games, the match turned against canberra directly after a mccrone cockup.

Cryptic

Juniors
Yes... And it was McCrone who made the fowards drop the ball on the 1st constantly as well... he is a menace!

matt

Juniors
Raiders By 28,the heat will restrict them to a scoreline of say 38 to 10.

then again they are a News limited owned side so f**k knows ,lets say raiders by 8.

Plazzy

Juniors
I wish and hope the Raiders get this game....that will make it 3 in row. At least 3 in row for the first time this season. Go the RAIDERS....!

Cryptic

Juniors
It will also mean we have finally won 50% of our games for the season so far... Something we haven't been managing to do for a while now...

Macko8

Juniors
1. JOSH DUGAN (Milne)
2. JOEL MONAGHAN
3. JARROD CROKER
4. JOEL THOMPSON
5. Robinson, Stuart or Brophy
6. TERRY CAMPESE (C)
7. JOSH McCRONE
8. DANE TILSE
9. GLEN BUTTRISS
10. SCOTT LOGAN
11. TREVOR THURLING
12. BRONSON HARRISON
13. SHAUN FENSOM

14. JUSTIN CARNEY
15. DANNY GALEA
16. TROY THOMPSON
17. ADAM MOGG

Fensom on the bench is a waste, the guy's main quality is his workrate not impact.

I don't see a point playing waddell for 10min a game and he is no-where buttriss' form at the moment. You could put Carney into waddell's role and he would a far greater impact. He could be quite devastating in the final 20min of a game.

Ideally I'd want mccrone dropped aswell, but that's never going to happen. I find it funny that in both the wests tigers and titans games, the match turned against canberra directly after a mccrone cockup.

Justin Carney needs to play out wide

What im trying to say is

Vidot out Justin Carney-make your debut for twenty ten

aussies1st

Staff member
The move into the forwards is just what Carney needs, a bit of time at hooker would also help.

Cryptic

Juniors
Stunned Blues officials were forced to call up Canberra winger Joel Monaghan, as a emergency replacement just four days out from Origin II at Suncorp Stadium.

So Milne is in for Dugan, who the f**k is in for Monaghan? Carney???

edabomb

First Grade
Stunned Blues officials were forced to call up Canberra winger Joel Monaghan, as a emergency replacement just four days out from Origin II at Suncorp Stadium.

So Milne is in for Dugan, who the f**k is in for Monaghan? Carney???

Mogg is in for Monas. Galea on to the bench and Kelly to 18th man. Poor selection, leaves us with 4 forwards on the bench again and a very injury prone backline.

Low in a straight swap for Monas would have been good.

Latest posts