What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Cowboys

shear_joy9

Coach
I f**king hate how tilse and thompson offload the ball when there going forward and we lose a few metres because of that.

I think those offloads were more due to the situation. They were trying to force some second-phase play to create something.

campese obviously wasn't.

Timbo

Staff member
I think the problem with Milne is that he is actually a good fullback. My mate who I was watching it with last night said the thing he noticed about Milne is that he ticks all the boxes, tries his heart out and makes relatively few errors.

The problem is he really doesn't add anything to the side. He runs hard and is good in defence but that's about it.

To win an NRL premiership you need to have an explosive fullback (ie Dugan).

I wouldn't mind giving him another go on the wing though.

mongoose

Coach
Still don't get what people see in Waddell. He is a very average hooker. His service is horribly slow and he hardly ever runs from dummyhalf. His defence is ok but I dont see whats so good about him.

shear_joy9

Coach
Still don't get what people see in Waddell. He is a very average hooker. His service is horribly slow and he hardly ever runs from dummyhalf. His defence is ok but I dont see whats so good about him.

I don't see anyone praising him. He should be dumped at sl for the rest of the season.

One of the reasons he looked so good before was that he was replacing tongue at hooker. It's easy to look creative and dynamic when your covering a lock at dummy half.

shear_joy9

Coach
I think the problem with Milne is that he is actually a good fullback. My mate who I was watching it with last night said the thing he noticed about Milne is that he ticks all the boxes, tries his heart out and makes relatively few errors.

The problem is he really doesn't add anything to the side. He runs hard and is good in defence but that's about it.

To win an NRL premiership you need to have an explosive fullback (ie Dugan).

I wouldn't mind giving him another go on the wing though.

I would classify milne as an explosive fullback.

I'd like to see Dugan step up as a playmaker with milne hovering around the ruck. They could both share the kick returns to preserve dugan a bit.

McCrone can sod off and campese can slot into the matteo role ie. run with the damn ball and create something, he's a builder not an architect.

Timbo

Staff member

Buttriss is much better. We need to work on his fitness to get him to become an 80 minute player.

I don't think Waddell is going to be the answer a lot of us were hoping for.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Milne tries hard but still has too many mistakes in his game. His ball security is atrociuous.

I lay the blame for this loss squarely at the feet of Campese. He was sh*te and then some tonight. Ran the ball to the line maybe once and apart from that, was horrible in everything he did.

I also thought Harrison was awful in defence tonight. Not one of his better games.

agree with all of this
Milne i wouldnt mind in the team on the wing, but imo, Vidot and Monaghan are both better wingers, Dugan is a better fullback and the bloke cant defend well enough for centre
unless we move monaghan or vidot to centre, but you can move JT in the form he's in and Croker's a future star who whilst not starring this year is doing everything asked of him.

Waddell is very talented, but he's not at a FG level right now, im not sure why, i guess we should have expected at least one of our young guys not to come on as strong this year, but he needs time at SL to improve his game

Timbo

Staff member
Waddell was much better last year. He really looked the goods in his first few apperances.

Don't know what's happened to him to be honest. It's strange.

But Buttriss has absolutely flown out of the blocks. He's playing brilliant footy this year since he came in for Tongue.

Cryptic

Juniors
Agree Buttriss is playing much better but he certainly had a quiet/poor game on Saturday... But so did everyone else so meh...

Maybe it's because we won at home last week... Going back to our old form of winning at home and losing away....

aussies1st

Staff member
I was one calling for more game time for Waddell last season and even at the start of this one. But hes really been a let down to the point where he should go back to SL to regain confidence. Buttriss now is the one not getting enough gametime.

nickraider

Juniors
I think Waddell might have lost some confidence since having his jaw broken. Buttriss mind you has improved out of sight imo.