What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Knights

jono

Juniors
Sorry to get carried away guys , but .....this team will pump the Knights.
Us 32 them 16

True EEL

Bench
we should beat the Knights, based on last nights form and team changes, but if we don't all the hysteria over last nights win will evaporate...we must back it up

Gronk

Staff member
Knights this week, then Dragons, then Bye.

2 out of 3 hopefully...

84 Baby

Referee
Agree, I'm putting my money on the bye too.

Edit - PP beat me to it

Last edited:

DeanPay98

Juniors
Major relief that Kearney didn't backflip to Mortimer. It would have been very hard to tell him that he is out of the team.

Allgood probably has the edge over Webb because he can play more minutes.

True EEL

Bench
we could beat the Dragons if we just play football against them.....really put them under the pump and force them to beat us, not just hand the game over

caylo

Bench
we could beat the Dragons if we just play football against them.....really put them under the pump and force them to beat us, not just hand the game over

TBH we have the pack to compete with them and if we kick well inside our red zone then pressure will build. It isnt overly complicated, MaGuire and Robson are capable of holding their own and we could come over the top of them in a tight one but if you kick poorly and give them time and space their outside backs will ripe through us.

dazeely

First Grade
looks ok.....still think Webby missing out is pretty tough
like MK starting at hooker, good team

Allgood has it all over Webb IMO. He has impressed me and Webb should only be used to cover for shack and possibly mannah.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we got two media releases, this is the second one and our website has been updated

Please see correct team below – Chris Walker and Casey McGuire retain their spots in the side. Apologies for any inconvenience caused!

THE PIRTEK EELS received a boost today with in-form prop Shane Shackleton cleared of any major damage to his right eye, with medical staff confirming he is likely to be fit for this Saturday’s clash in Newcastle.

Shackleton suffered a corneal abrasion resulting from a direct blow in last night’s match against Cronulla. He has recovered well overnight and is expected to take his place in the lineup.

Below is the Pirtek Eels side to play the Newcastle Knights at Ausgrid Stadium on Saturday 28 May at 5.30pm:

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Chris Walker
4. Jacob Loko
5. Jordan Atkins
6. Casey McGuire
7. Jeff Robson
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C)
12. Taniela Lasalo
13. Ben Smith

14. Anthony Mitchell
15. Shane Shackleton
16. Mitchell Allgood
17. Justin Horo

Coach: Stephen Kearney

INJURIES: Chris Hicks (ankle) rd 13, Justin Poore (knee) indefinite

Toyota Cup v Newcastle Knights, 3.15pm at Ausgrid Stadium.

1. Marmin Barba
2. Jacob Gagan
3. Vai Toutai
4. Trent Jennings
5. Chris Ulugia
6. Jason Wehbe
7. Cameron Breust
8. Ava Seumanufagai
9. Daniel Mahoney
10. Peni Terepo
11. Pat O’Hanlon
12. Matthew Eisenhuth
13. Rory Brien (C)

14. Dean Blackman
15. Kyle Fraser
16. Daniel Tupou
17. PJ Asiata

Coach: Matt Cameron

Blue & Gold

Juniors
Anyone know why Walker is being picked over Morgan, is Morgan injured?? Just thought this would be a good time to blood young Morgan rather then playing the older Walker.

yy_cheng

Coach
Allgood has it all over Webb IMO. He has impressed me and Webb should only be used to cover for shack and possibly mannah.

I reckon Allgood is starting to show some good signs. Doesn't really get dominated.

However, I think Shack does get dominated. He gets smashed every week. To his credit he gets up and goes again but I would like Webb possibly over shack.

SHack in the 2nd row but with Lasalo and Horo standing up last week, there is no space.

pedge

Juniors
I reckon Allgood is starting to show some good signs. Doesn't really get dominated.

However, I think Shack does get dominated. He gets smashed every week. To his credit he gets up and goes again but I would like Webb possibly over shack.

SHack in the 2nd row but with Lasalo and Horo standing up last week, there is no space.

i noticed sum1 the other day said that allgood was a poor mans cordoba? tbh, if i go back and look at mannahs 1st season, i doubt we will find him going any better then allgood this season...and we all know how that turned out

Eels Dude

Coach
Anyone know why Walker is being picked over Morgan, is Morgan injured?? Just thought this would be a good time to blood young Morgan rather then playing the older Walker.

Maybe SK doesn't want to play with two inexperienced centres in the side.

caylo

Bench
i noticed sum1 the other day said that allgood was a poor mans cordoba? tbh, if i go back and look at mannahs 1st season, i doubt we will find him going any better then allgood this season...and we all know how that turned out

Disagree, Allgood is atleast 2 years from being a good consistent NRL prop. He gets dominated fairly often IMO but he is quick and will come good just needs persistence. Mannah is one of those props that never look totally out of his depth when he came in, to play so well last year was amazing for any prop.