What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Manly

emjaycee

Coach
Same team (1-18) as listed for last night.
edit: Actually, 1 small change - I Hindy in and Chad on bench.

see www.parraeels.com.au

NRL vs MANLY SEA EAGLES
PARRAMATTA STADIUM
SUN 29 July 3pm
1 - Jarryd HAYNE
2 - Krisnan INU
3 - Ben SMITH
4 - Timana TAHU
5 - Eric GROTHE
6 - Brett FINCH
7 - Tim SMITH
8 - Nathan CAYLESS (C)
9 - Mark RIDDELL
10 - Fuifui MOIMOI
11 - Nathan HINDMARSH
12 - Ian HINDMARSH
13 - Feleti MATEO

14 - PJ MARSH
15 - Josh CORDOBA
16 - Chad ROBINSON
17 - Aaron CANNINGS
18 - Weller HAURAKI

oneguy

Juniors
Nice Nice.

Close to our strongest side apart from Burty. Joel is also unlucky given his game last nite but prefer a fit Grothe.

emjaycee

Coach
PREMIER LEAGUE vs SEA EAGLES
PARRAMATTA STADIUM
SUN 29 July 1pm

1 - Joel REDDY
2 - Etu UAISELE
3 - Taulima TAUTAI
4 - David WILLIAMS
5 - Iwi HAURAKI
6 - Kris KEATING
7 - Trent HODKINSON
8 - Junior PAULO
9 - Matt KEATING
10 - Justin TSOULOS
11 - Brendan OAKE
12 - Todd LOWRIE
13 - Justin HORO

14 - Ray NASSO
15 - Tony WILLIAMS
16 - Richard FA'AOSO
17 - Jeremy LATIMORE
18 - Aaron WOOD

JERSEY FLEGG vs SEA EAGLES
PARRAMATTA STADIUM
SUN 29 July 1pm

1 - Taputoa REA
2 - Josh DAVIS
3 - Jonathan WRIGHT
4 - Zac RUSS
5 - Fareni MOEFAAUO
6 - Nathan CAMPBELL
7 - Cameron SPEECHLEY
8 - Broderick WRIGHT
9 - Luke MOTINELLI
10 - Tim MANNAH
11 - James GREHAN
12 - David BAUMANN
13 - Martin LEWIS

14 - Jay HEMING
15 - Tim ROBINSON
16 - Rulon NUTIRA
17 - Paul IVAN
18 - Steve McPHEE
19 - Mase LALU TOGAGAE

** Note the Flegg time is obviously wrong.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I still prefer starting with Cannings/Marsh, instead of Moimoi/Riddell

Unless Hagan is playing it smart and making a last minute change.

parra pete

Referee
Would be surprised if Ben Smith plays. It only a broken nose I know, but unless he gets it plugged, he's gonna be off more that he is on.
I figure Inu into centre, Reddy onto wing. I thought Reddy was one of the best V Broncos
It amuses me how the absence of Lockyer, Tate, Hunt, and Hodges weakened the Broncs, but no mention of the fact that the Eels were without Burt, Grothe, Wagon, Robinson..all experienced and regular first graders....
The name of the games is survival of the fittest. Every Club has a squad of 25..to make the best of all circumstances. If the Broncos put all their eggs into one basket by retaining the superstars instead of catering for depth..that's their problem, and has no effect on the Eels or the win last night. It is called Tough Titties.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good side, we have to go up a notch if we are to beat Manly this week. And poor Benny, his nose looked a mess last night.

Jodeci

Bench
The team was announced not knowing the outcome of injuries as the players will touch down very shortly

bradeel

Juniors
parra pete said:
Would be surprised if Ben Smith plays. It only a broken nose I know, but unless he gets it plugged, he's gonna be off more that he is on.
I figure Inu into centre, Reddy onto wing. I thought Reddy was one of the best V Broncos
It amuses me how the absence of Lockyer, Tate, Hunt, and Hodges weakened the Broncs, but no mention of the fact that the Eels were without Burt, Grothe, Wagon, Robinson..all experienced and regular first graders....
The name of the games is survival of the fittest. Every Club has a squad of 25..to make the best of all circumstances. If the Broncos put all their eggs into one basket by retaining the superstars instead of catering for depth..that's their problem, and has no effect on the Eels or the win last night. It is called Tough Titties.

very very well said as always Pete.

Burt and Grothe are two obvious stars of the line-up and Wagon and Robinson are key blokes in the engine room and no mention was made whatsoever in building a tale of woe for the Broncos. They tried to make it impossible for us to truly win - if we lose, we choked against an injury ravaged opponent and if we win, its only against an injury ravaged opponent. The media simply love creating David vs Goliath battles and its ironic that we were the Goliath last night given we had to contend with the current Premiers, playing with their MONSTER forward pack completely intact infront of a whining partisan home crowd baying for Eel blood. Damn good victory Parra.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
yea i have to agree with this

parra pete said:

Very true, well said
However, it would be fair to say that Brisbane played well above expectation, and that we should have put them away... on paper anyway. Just goes to show how tough the Broncos in Brisbane can be.

fish eel

Immortal
parra pete said:

Of course you are right Pete, but one thing the Broncos have always been very good at is creating a siege/backs to the wall mentality.

emjaycee said:
JERSEY FLEGG vs SEA EAGLES
PARRAMATTA STADIUM
SUN 29 July 1pm

1 - Taputoa REA
2 - Josh DAVIS
3 - Jonathan WRIGHT
4 - Zac RUSS
5 - Fareni MOEFAAUO
6 - Nathan CAMPBELL
7 - Cameron SPEECHLEY
8 - Broderick WRIGHT
9 - Luke MOTINELLI
10 - Tim MANNAH
11 - James GREHAN
12 - David BAUMANN
13 - Martin LEWIS

14 - Jay HEMING
15 - Tim ROBINSON
16 - Rulon NUTIRA
17 - Paul IVAN
18 - Steve McPHEE
19 - Mase LALU TOGAGAE

** Note the Flegg time is obviously wrong.

I dont think Parra's playing Manly in the Flegg. We've got Balmain at Leichhardt on Saturday I'm pretty sure..

Just thought I'd also say:

Great to see 'Boo' Speechley doing really well for you guys, partnered him in the halves back in the old days at Guildford. Really hope he makes first grade, he's an outstanding talent and a great bloke as well.

But for the rest of you Parra mob :p good luck this week (not too much)! Try and fire Jamie up for us, maybe then he might start playing some decent footy :lol:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, there'll be Live Updates of the Premier League match from 1pm. These will be in the game thread in the NRL forum for those who're interested.

Well if Ben Smith has to be the fall guy then so be it...Reddy has to play...he needs a bit more exposure to the Aussie selection panel.

Other than that they will have to rely on the word of Steve Michaels.

strider

Post Whore
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Well if Ben Smith has to be the fall guy then so be it...Reddy has to play...he needs a bit more exposure to the Aussie selection panel.

Other than that they will have to rely on the word of Steve Michaels.
are you suggesting steve michaels' word isn't enough? :eek: .... keep in mind we've already had one international picked from PL this year belly

Latest posts