What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Panthers

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Krisnan Inu
4. Joel Reddy
5. Eric Grothe
6. Daniel Mortimer
7. Jeff Robson
8. Nathan Cayless [C]
9. Matthew Keating
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Joe Galuvao
13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange:
14. Kevin Kingston
15. Feleti Mateo
16. Ben Smith
17. Tim Mannah

JARRYD Hayne doesn’t mind if he is the focus of Penrith’s defence during this Friday night’s clash at Parramatta Stadium.
In fact, he welcomes it.
After yet another display of heroics in the Eels’ 26-18 win over Wests Tigers, the star fullback readily admits he may be a marked man against the Panthers.
``It’s not rocket science, I think obviously they’re gonna be trying to shut me down,’’ he said.
``But we’ve got exceptional players in the team that can also do great things.
``So if (Penrith) put their focus on me I’m sure Morts (Daniel Mortimer), and you’ve got Rocket (Joel Reddy) and (Krisnan) Inu’s playing in superb form, and they can stand up.’’
While many are looking forward to Hayne lining up against Michael Jennings in a duel of the game’s finest attacking players, the youngster didn’t see his role in the billing.
``I don’t think I’ll have much to do with him,’’ he said.
``It’ll be more Joel Reddy defending him so I’m sure (Jennings) is going to cause Joel a lot of headaches.
``He’s the danger man of course but I’m sure we’ll do a bit of video work on him.’’
Hayne’s reluctance for the limelight is not just media posturing.
He credits his rise in form to a newfound maturity on and off the field.
``I think myself being a bit more mature (has helped),’’ he said.
``On the weekend I had such a good game, everyone thought I’d be out partying and running amok.
``But I stayed home. The latest I went out was for dinner on Saturday night.
``That’s something that two years ago probably wouldn’t have been me.’’
He is no teetotaller, but there is not much time for partying as the 21-year-old tries to help the Eels to a finals berth.
``I still go out, I still love a beer. I’m not saying that I’ve totally changed,’’ he said.
``But the next couple of weeks are really important so the best thing to do is really focus on footy.’’

http://parramatta-advertiser.wherei...ne-challenges-panthers-to-shut-down-backline/

Pazza

First Grade
good to see big joe back in the starting side, helps us build a good platform

yy_cheng

Coach
see no problemo with only one Prop on the bench.

We have enough go forward without an extra prop.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The Tigers pack isnt exactly intimidating. Im am more wary of this game then the Tigers game.

Waterhouse and Lewis are good, Pritchard can destroy any team if he wants. But then again, so can Mateo and Mateo is more consistant.

Rogue.9

Juniors
I would have liked to see an extra prop on the bench but I'm not sure of who I would have dropped.

The Colonel

Immortal
The Tigers pack isnt exactly intimidating. Im am more wary of this game then the Tigers game.

Waterhouse and Lewis are good, Pritchard can destroy any team if he wants. But then again, so can Mateo and Mateo is more consistant.

Lewis went off with what looked like a neck injury.... I'm not sure he'll play this week.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
I think we will see a swap between Joe and Benny/Feleti with Joe being used as the extra prop. It is what happened against the tigers and worked pretty well (except for Benny's poor handling).

hasman

Juniors
I think we will see a swap between Joe and Benny/Feleti with Joe being used as the extra prop. It is what happened against the tigers and worked pretty well (except for Benny's poor handling).

Funny how team hasn't been annouched offically.

hindy111

Post Whore
with one prop i expect to see smith start
Galauvo has more go forward so bringing him on with mannah makes more sense

bench looks a bit light on, but if Hindy does the hitups he did last week while Caylo and Fui have a rest i think we should be right, against penriths pack without Petero i think we'll handle it.

caylo

Bench
Benny may start again and joey to come on as a front rower.

I actually prefer Benny off the bench. IMO they will run out as named with Mateo running on after 20min (replace Fui with Hindy moving into the frontrow) and benny will come on at around the 30min mark to replace Joe.

The other option is for Fui and Cayless to play around 50-55min each and have Mannah play 40min (avgs around 25-30min most weeks)

Latest posts