What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Tigers

Bazzi

First Grade
St. George Bank Dragons winger Brett Morris is expecting a “big game” atmosphere for their qualifying finals clash with Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium, Homebush on Friday.
The Representative winger, who crossed twice in the 32-12 victory over the Penrith Panthers last round, has called on all Red V Members and supporters to show their support for the blockbuster encounter.
The reigning Premiers ran out narrow 13-12 winners when both teams met in last campaign’s preliminary finals and Morris is hoping for victory once again.
“This time of year is a great time to be playing footy as the fans get behind their footy so hopefully we get a big crowd on Friday,” said Morris.
“We played at the venue last year and there was such a big crowd which is so good to see for these big games after toiling away all season.
“The Tigers are coming off the back of some great wins but we’re certain we’ll be ready come game time.”

NRL v Tigers
7.45pm Friday, September 9
ANZ Stadium, Homebush

1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Dan Hunt
9. Dean Young
10. Michael Weyman
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Matt Prior
14. Jon Green
15. Nathan Fien
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. Trent Merrin
18. Mitch Rein

Unavailable Dragons: Peter Cronin (Knee, 2012); Bronx Goodwin (Knee, 2012).

http://www.dragons.com.au/default.a...title=morris-ready-for-tough-qualifying-final

Last edited:

dragon-83

Juniors
St. George Bank Dragons winger Brett Morris is expecting a “big game” atmosphere for their qualifying finals clash with Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium, Homebush on Friday.

The Representative winger, who crossed twice in the 32-12 victory over the Penrith Panthers last round, has called on all Red V Members and supporters to show their support for the blockbuster encounter.

The reigning Premiers ran out narrow 13-12 winners when both teams met in last campaign’s preliminary finals and Morris is hoping for victory once again.

“This time of year is a great time to be playing footy as the fans get behind their footy so hopefully we get a big crowd on Friday,” said Morris.

“We played at the venue last year and there was such a big crowd which is so good to see for these big games after toiling away all season.

“The Tigers are coming off the back of some great wins but we’re certain we’ll be ready come game time.”

NRL v Tigers
7.45pm Friday, September 9
ANZ Stadium, Homebush

Coach: Wayne Bennett

1. Darius Boyd

2. Brett Morris

3. Mark Gasnier

4. Matt Cooper

5. Jason Nightingale

6. Jamie Soward

7. Ben Hornby (c)

8. Dan Hunt

9. Dean Young

10. Michael Weyman

11. Beau Scott

12. Ben Creagh

13. Matt Prior

14. Jon Green

15. Nathan Fien

16. Adam Cuthbertson

17. Trent Merrin

18. Mitch Rein

Unavailable Dragons: Peter Cronin (Knee, 2012); Bronx Goodwin (Knee, 2012).

To purchase your tickets for the clash at ANZ Stadium, Homebush click here.

To send a Hero-Gram to your favourite Dragon for the chance to win a signed 2011 jersey click here.

Last edited:

MattYg1

Bench
Rein start
Young backrow
Prior bench'd
Green GOOOOOOOOORN
Dragons Win...

thats my recipe anyway...

Divine

Bench
Last week some were saying "slipscatch" had an injury & some were saying he was surplus to requirements. Rein has shown enough to be there and it'll be Benny's call on the night. Apart from that the side looks pretty settled.

RedVDave

First Grade
Tigers: Tim Moltzen, Beau Ryan, Blake Ayshford, Chris Lawrence, Lote Tuqiri, Benji Marshall, Robert Lui, Bryce Gibbs, Robbie Farah (c), Keith Galloway, Liam Fulton, Gareth Ellis, Chris Heighington. Interchange (from): Mitch Brown, Mark Flanagan, Matt Groat, Aaron Woods, Matt Utai, Wade McKinnon, Andrew Fifita

Minh

First Grade
If Wayne keeps picking Prior I'm happy with that he knows what he's doing and I believe Prior is a good player big and mobile.

Minh

First Grade
Jon Green's slips catch against the Tigers last year was one of several big plays that won us the grand final last year so I'm happy he is there he is a good omen, basically looking at that team Bennett strongly believes in experience especially Grand final winning experience.

Bring back choc

Juniors
If Wayne keeps picking Prior I'm happy with that he knows what he's doing and I believe Prior is a good player big and mobile.

Nobody can argue with Wayne....but i just can't see his value. He honestly has done nothing for us but make stupid errors. My heart is my mouth every time he touches the ball. I haven't seen him attempt a massive hit to lift the team, i haven't seen him make a great off load, i haven't seen him run a line and score a try, i haven't seen him do anything!!!!! Wayne obviously likes him. Personally, i think Price will cut him next year.

TheRev

First Grade
Im not a Prior fan (never have been), but hes an acceptable 1st grader, the sort of player id rather bring on to cover an injury though, not in our top 17.

However we have 0 depth in our squad, so for the next month we are going to need him.

j0nesy

Bench
Prior is the target man this season. Last season it was Dean Young. I wonder who it will be in 2012?

Mr Red

First Grade
Prior is the target man this season. Last season it was Dean Young. I wonder who it will be in 2012?
no one ever doubted the fact that Dean Young was a valuable member of the team, i think the only thing in question was his service from dummy half..
and i think that was a warranted concern.
Young would be the first to admit he is not a hooker and prefers the backrow..

gypsy

Bench
Im not a Prior fan (never have been), but hes an acceptable 1st grader, the sort of player id rather bring on to cover an injury though, not in our top 17.

However we have 0 depth in our squad, so for the next month we are going to need him.

I don't agree at all with us having no depth.

De Belin, Bosden or Marketo would do a job for us off the bench, as would Emmett and Mckinnon if needed.

We have a lot of depth, thanks to the versatility of our players.
Kyle could come in and play anywhere in the backline, Fien could cover in the halves, Beau could play centre etc....

I think we are looking good.

TheRev

First Grade
I don't agree at all with us having no depth.

De Belin, Bosden or Marketo would do a job for us off the bench, as would Emmett and Mckinnon if needed.

We have a lot of depth, thanks to the versatility of our players.
Kyle could come in and play anywhere in the backline, Fien could cover in the halves, Beau could play centre etc....

I think we are looking good.

Hmmm I wouldnt rate any of those 5 players as finals football ready 1st graders, obviously we can field a team if it came to it, and they may even go ok, but they will be targetted, and I think they are at least 1+ year from being properly ready (in an ideal world anyway).

I am pretty stoked to be going into the finals with our best 17 fit however, I mean an injury can happen at any time, but whether its by fluke or not (or great conditioning + luck), we are at full strength at the right time.

Minh

First Grade
Prior is not yet as good as say Ben Creagh and Beau Scott but he is better than most backrowers going around in the NRL. He was a rock for us in the finals last year let's not forget guys. Our forwards will not be outplayed in the finals.