What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Tigers

blacklock

Juniors
Hey guys... i didnt really think of it till today, but the weather conditions look like they will be wet. How do you think that will affect the game?

It might help dampen the flare of the tigers (or atleast force more errors given the ball will be a little slippery)

Bazzi

First Grade
Hey guys... i didnt really think of it till today, but the weather conditions look like they will be wet. How do you think that will affect the game?

It might help dampen the flare of the tigers (or atleast force more errors given the ball will be a little slippery)

Wet weather at ANZ will bring back some good memories!

Minh

First Grade
hope so! hehe not sure what the tigers are like in the wet, but those flick passes wont be as easy to pull off!

I think wet weather would suit us more than the Tigers but either way I think we can win wet or dry. We played pretty good wet weather footy in the GF last year too.

to_ddeath

Coach
Prior is not yet as good as say Ben Creagh and Beau Scott but he is better than most backrowers going around in the NRL. He was a rock for us in the finals last year let's not forget guys. Our forwards will not be outplayed in the finals.

Problem with that post is, Prior will NEVER be at the level of a Creagh or Scott. Both with the ball & without. Those blokes are tough as nails & tackle strongly, & consistently so. With Prior he is simply there due to his workrate & virtually nothing else. And even then he has little to no impact with his runs in general.
Our front-row should not be outplayed in the finals, thank christ we have such a strong middle 3 rotation in Hunt/Weyman/Merrin all fit & ready to play. Makes me forget Prior is even there to be honest. If he recaptured his early-mid 2010 form I'd be pleased for him but that doesn't seem likely at present.

T.

to_ddeath

Coach
I think wet weather would suit us more than the Tigers but either way I think we can win wet or dry. We played pretty good wet weather footy in the GF last year too.

I still expect it to be close, & the wetter weather might just force a few more errors out of the Tigs...though they can still rely on Farah to get good runs out of dummy half if they have to play one-out more. Suits our so-called "boring" style of play if the going is slippery.

T.

Mr Red

First Grade
Prior is not yet as good as say Ben Creagh and Beau Scott but he is better than most backrowers going around in the NRL. He was a rock for us in the finals last year let's not forget guys. Our forwards will not be outplayed in the finals.
better then most back rowers in the NRL???
that'll do me.... :crazy:
i could name 20 better back rowers without any trouble..

Mr Red

First Grade
Problem with that post is, Prior will NEVER be at the level of a Creagh or Scott. Both with the ball & without. Those blokes are tough as nails & tackle strongly, & consistently so. With Prior he is simply there due to his workrate & virtually nothing else. And even then he has little to no impact with his runs in general.
Our front-row should not be outplayed in the finals, thank christ we have such a strong middle 3 rotation in Hunt/Weyman/Merrin all fit & ready to play. Makes me forget Prior is even there to be honest. If he recaptured his early-mid 2010 form I'd be pleased for him but that doesn't seem likely at present.

T.

good post, agree 100%

TheRev

Coach
I always feel defense is much harder in the wet, especially quick men running angles.

I think that suits the Tigers best, we dont really run good angles like their 6, 7 & 9, we just spread it left or right to our edges, our halves arent particularly elusive.

However likewise as above, not particularly worried about the weather, but always prefer a dry game cause its cleaner.. less dropped ball etc.

Godz Illa

Coach
Prior did a great job for us in last year's semis, including a big game off the bench in the grand final - when he was sorely needed considering Weyman was KO'd out of the game, our other starting prop was a backrower, and Trent Merrin played only 10 mins.

Fact is the argument is moot. Bennett has named Prior in the top grade since he joined the club back in 09 - he loves him.

Minh

First Grade
Why does this team have no "style".

Kyle Stanley is a victim of his own versatility at the moment good in many positions but right now the positions suited to him 1,3,6,7 and 9 are taken by more experienced and better players(at present) because Kyle has the potential to be better than those champions. Wayne Bennett has always liked to pick players with big game experience and the choice is often 3 forwards on the bench and 1 utility player Fien who is there as a replacement hooker but can also play in the halves. I think next year we will see plenty more of Kyle stanley.

Minh

First Grade
better then most back rowers in the NRL???
that'll do me.... :crazy:
i could name 20 better back rowers without any trouble..

I have faith in young Prior I trust in him. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet remember when Brent Kite first came along with huge wraps geez he was a bad first grader but look at him now and Prior has been pretty good compared to a young Kite, he has the physique, size and speed to become a very damaging forward just give him time. He will play rep footy within the next 3 years IMO.

to_ddeath

Coach
I have faith in young Prior I trust in him. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet remember when Brent Kite first came along with huge wraps geez he was a bad first grader but look at him now and Prior has been pretty good compared to a young Kite, he has the physique, size and speed to become a very damaging forward just give him time. He will play rep footy within the next 3 years IMO.

I'd like to have your faith, though Prior is far more likely to have an Ashton Sims 08-esque moment in the finals than playing rep footy or going to another level at this level..........

T.

Godz Illa

Coach
I'd like to have your faith, though Prior is far more likely to have an Ashton Sims 08-esque moment in the finals than playing rep footy or going to another level at this level..........

T.
Prior has already played rep footy (Country rep 2010), and there were no Ashton moments in last years finals.

Minh

First Grade

T.

The Broncos were into the GF until that moment let his team mates and coach down even Bennett was confident, the look on Lockyers face said it all. He may have poor handling Prior but I don't thunk he is a dumb player, it takes a dumb player to push a speccy pass deep in own half with one minute left in the preliminary final while leading.

Latest posts