What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team you most want to beat

Breathingfire

Juniors
Yes I know we want to beat all of them, but if you had to pick one team you would really like to beat this year who would it be and why?

For me it is definitely the Tigers. I f**king hate them with a passion so strong it scares me. I hate Tim Sheens. I hate Benji Marshall. I hate Robbie Farah. I hate Moltzen. I hate Gallaway. I hate Beau Ryan. I hate Liam Fulton. They f**king piss me off the way they carry on and after they beat us the finals last year and then the Moltzen saga (who I am glad is not playing for our club) I will get a lot of satisfaction if we beat them! I can't believe there is actually a team I hate more than the Bulldogs and Souths but Wests you take the cake.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
It's a rivalry that has grown over the last 6 or 8 years, no doubt, but hate?

Wests Tigers?

When there are the Melbourne $torm around?

One is a club that has battled its way up from a rabble to a relatively strong position on and off the field with pretty limited scandal over the last 10 years post Hoppa, the other has engaged in questionable (at best) practices on the field and disgusting financial conduct.

I don't hate STGI, as a fellow merged club we have more in common that most realise.

I do love the ribbing that gets dished out after getting one up though - I was first in line to cop it in 2010 when the Dragons won that final, and the Dragons fans were pretty gracious about it. A cracking game by both sides with the winner seemingly destined to win the lot as in 2005. The Tigers played really well that night and only lost by a point. 99 times out of a hundred, if a team played that well they'd win, but that night, the Dragons were the one.

Moltzen lifted it to the next level though...

EDIT: beating the Homebush phonies always brings a wonderful feeling.

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Storm it'll mean that we are in pretty good form as they are very consistent and we always struggle to beat them.

Ritzley

Juniors
Always the Broncos - I cop heaps when they win so it's nice to strut around Brisvegas in my dragons gear when we win...

Stagger Lee

Bench
I'd like to beat Canberra in Canberra .... but that is like waiting for Halley's Comet to come around :(

Hutty1986

Immortal
The Melbourne filth, never used to mind the Tigers but have a couple of their painful fans in my office so that hasn't helped their cause. Wins over the Donkeys are pretty sweet too

Yes I know we want to beat all of them, but if you had to pick one team you would really like to beat this year who would it be and why?

For me it is definitely the Tigers. I f**king hate them with a passion so strong it scares me. I hate Tim Sheens. I hate Benji Marshall. I hate Robbie Farah. I hate Moltzen. I hate Gallaway. I hate Beau Ryan. I hate Liam Fulton. They f**king piss me off the way they carry on and after they beat us the finals last year and then the Moltzen saga (who I am glad is not playing for our club) I will get a lot of satisfaction if we beat them! I can't believe there is actually a team I hate more than the Bulldogs and Souths but Wests you take the cake.

I think with the Tigers it's the media love for them that sticks in my craw. It's so obvious to me that the media (and the NRL) are pushing the barrows of the western Sydney clubs, particularly the Tigers, in the face of the GWS invasion.

Call me a cynic and a nutter but IMO that's why they have been installed premiership favourites, and why every time you turn on to a sports news show, there are the Tigers, telling you how well they're going, how great Benji is and how this will be his best year yet, blah blah blah......

It's 50% hype and 50% bullshite.

Teams I most want us to beat in no particular order:

Storm, Raiders, Knights, Dogs, Tigers, Manly, Parra, Broncos, lol@50uff$, Sharks, Roosters.

Doesn't leave much. I just hate 'em all.

gUt

Coach
Always the Broncos - I cop heaps when they win so it's nice to strut around Brisvegas in my dragons gear when we win...

Mate the amount of times your mob have won at Lang Park over the years... your mob going apeshit all game in the away corner... then walking the long shuffle to Milton or Roma St listening to 'When The Saints Go Marching In' over and over... no team's supporters soak up a win at Lang Park like Dragons fans.

Minh

First Grade
Mate the amount of times your mob have won at Lang Park over the years... your mob going apeshit all game in the away corner... then walking the long shuffle to Milton or Roma St listening to 'When The Saints Go Marching In' over and over... no team's supporters soak up a win at Lang Park like Dragons fans.

Your mob has had the wood on us in the games that count.:(

gUt

Coach
I'll never forget a game from 06 (I think) when you guys just got over us late in the game. This was the match where there was a ludicrously forward pass thrown to your winger who scored. (I was in line with it, it flew about 12m forward.) As the teams walked off we were giving it to the Dragons calling them cheats etc. Jason Ryles looked up with that evil grin of his and pointed at the scoreboard.

What can you say to that?

Hoekstra

Juniors
The Storm has been playing against the spirit for the game for forever. The grand final loss in 99 was a bitter pill too, it was probably on par with Alfie Langer’s pissed rendition of ‘St George can’t play’.

I’ll never forget when Browny called the Storm out for their WWF scum tactics after that game when Ryles was sent off after Lima kicked him in the scrum. I saw Brown in a different light after that.

LatK7

First Grade
Melbourne. I always want us to beat them the most.
Next in some sort of order would be:

Brisbane, Wests, Knights, Cronulla, Canterbury. All for obvious reasons.