What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

teams

imasharkie

Coach
I'd be interested to know how many people have looked at this thread thinking it's the team listing.

Some posters are dead set idiots when it comes to starting a new thread.

mr_sharks

Juniors
sharknows said:
Yeah - it wasted about 15 seconds of my day too!

Yes I also wasted plenty of time on this thread, and I won't get it back, ever.
On a serious note, a mate from Sydney recently got offered a job and the opp. to salary sacrifice/package a car. He wants to get a new one, but would it be better to get a cheap loan or does the salary sacrifice thing help by decreasing the tax level? If he does that doesn't that mean he has to pay Fringe Benefits Tax? I have no idea with this sort of stuff but thought I probably should find out for my own knowledge in the future. I want some explanation in English if any of you guys know anything about this area.

imasharkie

Coach
mr_sharks said:
Yes I also wasted plenty of time on this thread, and I won't get it back, ever.
On a serious note, a mate from Sydney recently got offered a job and the opp. to salary sacrifice/package a car. He wants to get a new one, but would it be better to get a cheap loan or does the salary sacrifice thing help by decreasing the tax level? If he does that doesn't that mean he has to pay Fringe Benefits Tax? I have no idea with this sort of stuff but thought I probably should find out for my own knowledge in the future. I want some explanation in English if any of you guys know anything about this area.

I salary sacrifice my super mr.sharks and this brings me down to a better tax bracket. I also have a car allowance which is better than a company car as you usually can get the choice of what car you want.

BTW any news on the team?

mr_sharks

Juniors
imasharkie said:
I salary sacrifice my super mr.sharks and this brings me down to a better tax bracket. I also have a car allowance which is better than a company car as you usually can get the choice of what car you want.

BTW any news on the team?
The car allowance covers what exactly?

imasharkie

Coach
mr_sharks said:
The car allowance covers what exactly?

You negoitiate an ammount for an annual car allowance, say $20,000, and the company pays you a monthly part of that. At the end of the financial year you claim back $20,000 of the ammount you have spent on a vehicle ( rego,insurance,repairs,tyres etc) which is tax deductable. I think thats right, my wife is the accountant in our family and she does it all.

Latest posts