What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teflon's thoughts on starting backline

Fordy20

Juniors
Morris has shown more in attack than Lui and could tackle. I'm sorry, but replacing one niff nuff with another is just silly.

Agreed. Morris's work in Round 26 last year was an absolute masterclass compared to what we saw from Lui.

Clintos

Live Update Team
What about this?

1. Moltzen
2. Ryan
3. Lawrence
4. Ayshford/Daniela
5. Tuqiri
6. Marshall
7. Lazarus

DanOz

Juniors
What about this?

1. Moltzen
2. Ryan
3. Lawrence
4. Ayshford/Daniela
5. Tuqiri
6. Marshall
7. Lazarus

As much as Sheens would like to change everyones position, why wouldn't you leave Lazarus at fullback and Moltzen at half???

Magpie Nick

Juniors
As much as Sheens would like to change everyones position, why wouldn't you leave Lazarus at fullback and Moltzen at half???

Because Moltzen has more experience at Fullback than Lazarus?

Expect Lazarus to start at 7 for Balmain, he does himself.

The Gambler

Juniors
Unfortunately spending the last two seasons on the sidelines has pushed Lazarus outside of consideration for a starting spot this year. There will need to be some injuries for him to see any first grade this year I think.

Clintos

Live Update Team

Sheens isn't actually moving anyone's position. Moltzen has played plenty of fullback and Lazarus has played plenty of halfback. FWIW - Lazarus is listed as a halfback on your clubs player profiles, so that has to count for something.

More to the point - by all reports Lazarus played very well at halfback in the trial against the Cowboys.

DanOz

Juniors
I didn't think Moltzen had played much fullback prior to last year - based on his performances & general lack of positional play I would be very suprised if he had. If he IS experienced at fullback god help us if there is not more room for improvement, Playing him there is like playing Jarrod Hayne on the wing imo, a total waste of his potential and talent.

I also thought Lazarus was listed to play fullback last year but then was injured.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
DanOz you're correct for the last 2 seasons Lazarus was listed as a fullback (although I do know he had previously played half before coming to WT (played it as a junior?)) Anyway, all of a sudden this year he is listed solely as a half.

DanOz

Juniors
DanOz you're correct for the last 2 seasons Lazarus was listed as a fullback (although I do know he had previously played half before coming to WT (played it as a junior?)) Anyway, all of a sudden this year he is listed solely as a half.

Which is the one position Tigers have been unable to stabilise since Scott Prince, and all this talk of Lote being the signing to turn the club around won't mean squat if we can't get our halfback sorted.

I hope to god Benji has been eliminated as a candidate, and Lui did nothing to impress me with the little I saw of him last year. I would love to see Moltzen there, I think he showed great potential as we won every game with him playing 7, and he is wasted at fullback, but I say that never having seen Lazarus play half.

Whether its Tim, Blake or Arana at half I hope they get a good shot at making the position their own, not changing positions every few weeks.

westie

Bench
We saw last night that Benji is strictly a 5/8th. Once Lockyer was gone, there was no one in the middle third to get it out to him. I think Taumata is the best runner of the football in Australia (maybe jennings) - not sure he can control the middle the middle though. What I am sure of is that there's no one else at the club that can.

How can Moltzen be allowed to play fullback after the times he showed he doesn't have the bollocks to attack the ball?

Magpies_74

Juniors

Both Lazarus and Moltzen played their junior football as halves. 6. Moltzen and 7. Lazarus led BRET into the semi's in 2007. The departure of Hodgo like Prince caused Sheens to try and develop a ball playing fullback..He stuck Lazarus at fullback in the inagual NYC then when he did his knee he switched to Moltzen. The rest is history.

Lazarus best position is 7. Just like Moltzen's is 6.

Talanexor

Juniors
Both Lazarus and Moltzen played their junior football as halves. 6. Moltzen and 7. Lazarus led BRET into the semi's in 2007. The departure of Hodgo like Prince caused Sheens to try and develop a ball playing fullback..He stuck Lazarus at fullback in the inagual NYC then when he did his knee he switched to Moltzen. The rest is history.

Lazarus best position is 7. Just like Moltzen's is 6.

Don't give Sheens any more ideas...do you really want to see Benji shifted to fullback to accomodate those two?

DanOz

Juniors
Don't give Sheens any more ideas...do you really want to see Benji shifted to fullback to accomodate those two?

But when they sack Sheens this year (i can only hope) if Marshall leaves, maybe this is the future for us.

Latest posts