What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telegraph again trying to set up Tingha

Blade

Juniors
Thanks Willow.

If this story does re-surface, can someone please follow up on this thread. I'm interested in the outcome.

Cheers.

Anonymous

Juniors
Blade said:
Thanks Willow.

If this story does re-surface, can someone please follow up on this thread. I'm interested in the outcome.

Cheers.

Here you go...

Blacklock's ear lobe has 'no case to answer'

The National Rugby League has indicated that Dragons winger Nathan Blacklock has no case to answer in regards to photos published in Sydney's Sunday Telegraph last weekend.

In a statement, the NRL said it can find 'no reason to further investigate' photos which appeared to show something behind Blacklock's left ear lobe during a NRL match earlier this year. The suggestion being that Blacklock was in some way 'wired up' with an electronic hearing device. These suggestions have been rejected by St George Illawarra and the NRL.

The photo, reportedly taken during the St George vs Manly match in round 16 showed something protuding behind Blacklock's ear but pictures from the same match, taken by SOTV show nothing to support this claim.

www.leagueunlimited.com
and
http://www.showroom.com.au/dragons/sportrlnews/rlnews502.html

Collateral

Coach
Shouldnt the Telegraph be up for fines or something for publishing false stories and making false pictures?

El Diablo

Post Whore
RedDragon said:
Shouldnt the Telegraph be up for fines or something for publishing false stories and making false pictures?

Why are the pics false? Can you prove they are?

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:
RedDragon said:

Why are the pics false? Can you prove they are?

The Telegraph has gone dead quiet now. They tried to beat something up and it fell over... it's not hard to work out.

As for suing newspapers, thats up to the people involved. Personally, I can see the point in not wanting to spend weeks-on-end trying to sue someone over my ear lobes.

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:
Willow said:
[The photo, reportedly taken during the St George vs Manly match in round 16 showed something protuding behind Blacklock's ear but pictures from the same match, taken by SOTV show nothing to support this claim.

www.leagueunlimited.com
and
http://www.showroom.com.au/dragons/sportrlnews/rlnews502.html

Aren't they actually pictures from channel 9's TV coverage?

One pic is from the Telegraph and one pic is from SOTV.
Don't know the source of the Telegraph pic. You'd have to ask them. Quite frankly, I think its a fake so good luck in any efforts to get a straight answer from them.

The second pic which shows that there is nothng behind the ear and nothing up the sleeve is definitely from the TV... without alterations.
(SOTV stands for 'Saints On TV' and has been used as a resource since 1999).

Channel 9 or Fox... I can't remember now... but its fair dinkum.