What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telegrpah: I will not say sorry

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
DJ1 said:
Piggins doesn't have to apologise to Schubert. He never attacked Schubert personally. His attack is on the credibility and auditability of the salary cap.

The fact is that all major breaches were not discovered through the standard auditing system. The Dogs systematic breach in 2001-02 was an internal leak in an attempt to oust the CEO. The $450K backdoor payments for Wing were only discovered when Souths Juniors attempted to get Souths football club to pay for the players which they could not get re-imbursement for and Craig Wing was not on the list. Adrian Morely's girlfriends new Ford XR6 was only discovered when Adrian broke down in it and Schubert happened to pull up next to him.

The bottom line is that the system cannot be effectively policed. The distribution of talent excuse clearly doesn't hold up when Chris Walker leaves a $300K contract at Souths to take up a $45K one at the Roosters and Braith signs with the Roosters for $280K in the face of $500K - 800K offers.

Just as Ricky Stuart was not fined $10,000 as he was calling the referees decision incompetent and not the referree, George is saying that the salary cap system is a joke not the auditor himself. The threat from the NRL of legal action is a joke and would not go in their favour.

I guess the NRL will have to believe Sonny Bill signed for $350k per season from the Bulldogs when offered the equivalent of a million dollars a season to play in the ESL? Is that right?

DJ1

Juniors
Cockadoodledoo said:
I guess the NRL will have to believe Sonny Bill signed for $350k per season from the Bulldogs when offered the equivalent of a million dollars a season to play in the ESL? Is that right?

Why would we tell the NRL $350K when he signed for $400K plus the new $50K sponsorship component?

The Dogs wanted 5 years but he would only sign for 2.

There was a rumour of a $900K deal with St Helens but St Helens denied it.

The bottom line is that our 2 most expensive players for next year Willie Mason and Sonny Bill Williams will take up $800K of our cap and this newly introduced $100K allowance.

Why is it that there is never a Rooster on $400K+?

The Whippet

Juniors
nospam49™ said:
Does Piggins have ANY official capacity at any level of the game?

He will come next week.

According to him he has information that a club is over the salary cap. Will be interesting to see what becomes of it. It was reported on the Channel 10 in an interview.

I think I read last night that he got an fax from someone who didnt put their name on the fax.

The NRL rubbished the fax.

The reason I ask about his capacity in the game is because, even if he is j7ust an official that involved with the NSWRL side of the game....he should still be charged withy brining the game into disrepute.

OVP

Coach
nospam49™ said:
I think I read last night that he got an fax from someone who didnt put their name on the fax.

The NRL rubbished the fax.

The reason I ask about his capacity in the game is because, even if he is j7ust an official that involved with the NSWRL side of the game....he should still be charged withy brining the game into disrepute.

The "offending" fax was by a Mr Con Cerned. I sh*t ye not. If its proven to be a fake, which undoubtedly it will, then im with you LF. Sue the geniused arse off this idiot and get him out of our game for good.

See, Im not sure if what he has said could get him sued. Unless he comes out and names a club (And therefore questions someone professional integrity)....I dont think anything he has said so far is aimed at someone personally.

HOWEVER....there is no doubt that what he has said brings the game into disrepute and in the worst possible way.

I think his reaction has be disgusting.

dice

Juniors
nospam49™ said:
See, Im not sure if what he has said could get him sued. Unless he comes out and names a club (And therefore questions someone professional integrity)....I dont think anything he has said so far is aimed at someone personally.

HOWEVER....there is no doubt that what he has said brings the game into disrepute and in the worst possible way.

I think his reaction has be disgusting.

He said some clubs are cheating the cap. That is defamatory to the NRL, and given the context of the signings of Anasta and Harrison, it is a defamatory insinuation of the roosters.

I kind of agree with DJ1 though in that it was not a direct attack on Ian Schubert. However, in reality that doesn't mean sh*t either. His comments have potential to harm Ian Schubert's reputation and future earnings and could also be considered defamatory.

dice

Juniors
ngap said:
A corporation cannot sue for defamation, so an individual would have to take it up.

There must be a corporate equivalent to prevent loss of income.

Latest posts