What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra Dome Seating - CRAP!!

sheet_ed

Juniors
I just walked away from buying six tickets at that crap venue because they will only sell tickets on the first level at the end of dead ball line (@$60 a seat f**k off). Note 3 other people also walked away.

All the seats in the middle of the park on the second level are Medallion Class (yeah like they are going to turn up) or presold to corporates.

Now here is the ABSOLUTE CLINCHER - the 3rd Level will not be open for sale unless levels one and two are sold out.

What freakin' planet are these guys on!

Telstra Dome is an ABSOLUTE CRAP venue the worst place to watch ANY sport that involvles a rectangular field. The turf is like running on ice and you need 1 metre studs to get some steam up.

Looks like its a pub for me and my mates with Sky Channel.

Sorry Storm wanted to support you but that Telstra Dome and that crap Ticketmaster system conspired to stop me.

To be quite honest...I don't blame you.

It is a crap venue and $60 a seat behind the goals is a rip off.

I am going but have bought cheap tix in a crap possie as well...

Surandy

Bench
Sheet Ed, try again but with a different operator. Some staff ticketmaster have are complete arseholes.

little_aza

Juniors
i bought 3 tickets today..and am going to bring along my binoculars...they were $60 each!
first storm game iv ever been too, im really excited - managed to get 2 of my mates to come along with me...slowly converting AFL supporters...

eels r gonna get owned :D

Molly

Juniors
Surandy said:
Sheet Ed, try again but with a different operator. Some staff ticketmaster have are complete arseholes.

I doesnt seem to be an operator issue, the issue is how they release tickets, they seem to do it bay by bay, so I wont by buying my tickets until late in the week, or I will just buy the cheapest and stand. The venue has no real idea as to where the 'premium' tickets for a game of RL shoud be.....

Otherwise, I will stay at home as well and catch it on the box.........

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
3rd Level is absolutely hopeless to see the game.

I got tickets Around the 20 meter line in front of the posts Level 2.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hi guys

Just a couple of quick questions on the dome

1. Whats the ground capacity (assuming they open up all the levels)

2. Would it be better to turn up on the day and inquire whats available and get a few options that way?

Cheers

Surandy

Bench
TheParraboy said:
Hi guys

Just a couple of quick questions on the dome

1. Whats the ground capacity (assuming they open up all the levels)

55 thousand

TheParraboy said:
2. Would it be better to turn up on the day and inquire whats available and get a few options that way?

Cheers

Depends on the crowd size, where you want to sit and how much you are prepared to pay. Estimates for the expected crowd seem to range from 30k to 45k. If you are a Storm or Parramatta member you get 20% off the ticket price of up to 4 tickets buying tomorrow, NRL sent an email about this an hour or so ago.

Bay53

Juniors
Crazy thing is the ground was designed to cater for rectangular sports. The seats on the bottom level can all be moved in, similar to Telstra Stadium in Sydney but they never do it.

My advice would to actually buy seats around the corner. That is the spot that is closest to the field of play.

There would have been a real case for making all the tickets $20 and filling the place and promoting the game in Melbourne.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bay53 said:
There would have been a real case for making all the tickets $20 and filling the place and promoting the game in Melbourne.

Good point

Anything less than 35,000 will be a big big dissapointment IMO
Hopefully there will be over 45,000

just did a tickmaster search, $60 level 2, around the halfway line

give me level 3 god dammit, lol

Ice777

Bench
TheParraboy said:
Good point

Anything less than 35,000 will be a big big dissapointment IMO
Hopefully there will be over 45,000

just did a tickmaster search, $60 level 2, around the halfway line

give me level 3 god dammit, lol

Why do you want level 3 for? If you can get level 2 i reccommend that you do that. IMO level 2 is by far the best place to watch a game of sport at the Dome.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ice777 said:
Why do you want level 3 for? If you can get level 2 i reccommend that you do that. IMO level 2 is by far the best place to watch a game of sport at the Dome.

really?

Is level 3 too far away or something?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I was thinking of flying down for the game.

however getting a plane ticket proved way to expensive.

$1500 for two people. Brissy to Melbourne.

I presume because it is so late in the peice.

Ice777

Bench
TheParraboy said:
really?

Is level 3 too far away or something?

It's not that i think it's too far away or high (unless you're right up the back) I was in the lower section of level 3 last year for origin and i thought they were pretty good seats. It's just that if i had a preference i'd take level 2 everytime i could if i had the choice. Everyone's different of course and might not agree with me but that's just the way i see it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ice777 said:
It's not that i think it's too far away or high (unless you're right up the back) I was in the lower section of level 3 last year for origin and i thought they were pretty good seats. It's just that if i had a preference i'd take level 2 everytime i could if i had the choice. Everyone's different of course and might not agree with me but that's just the way i see it.

fair enough, horses for courses I guess

for mine, I like the height thing, so being the first time there
level 2 or 3 would be fine

Ice777

Bench
TheParraboy said:
fair enough, horses for courses I guess

for mine, I like the height thing, so being the first time there
level 2 or 3 would be fine

Although it's not a league venue one thing i do like about the Dome is i think the stands seem to go up steeper than your average stadium which to me gives the impression that your more sitting over the game for want of a better description so you'll enjoy the higher seats if you like that sort of thing. You probably won't feel it as much with league but i think you can and it works well with the AFL.

Stormboyz

Juniors
I just paid for the cheapest ticket using my membership and didn't care where it was because I intend on standing anyway.
Someone should nuke Telstra Dome. It's a hole.