What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra Premiership 2007 -- Round 1

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Glad someone agrees. I'll keep this one bookmarked Jezz, and I'm sure you will too ;-)

salivor

First Grade
I couldn't give a toss, it may well sell out, I was just giving another perspective of reasons why it may not. I hope both matches sell out and Queensland continues to show why it's the real home of Rugby League. But to sprout rubbish like it's negative to have an opinion that it may not sell out and to try and form my opinion for me which was way off the mark, well all I can say is you got what you deserved.

IanG

Coach
Isn't Carrara going to be ready for Round 1? With the Titans playing their first home game being at Suncorp

Timmah

Staff member
salivor said:
I couldn't give a toss, it may well sell out, I was just giving another perspective of reasons why it may not. I hope both matches sell out and Queensland continues to show why it's the real home of Rugby League. But to sprout rubbish like it's negative to have an opinion that it may not sell out and to try and form my opinion for me which was way off the mark, well all I can say is you got what you deserved.

What, I copped a serve from you?

Shakin in my boots :lol:

The Preacher

First Grade
mepelthwack said:
Well Armageddon may now be imminent because I am in agreement with Jads for the very first time.

IE Titans V Dragons will sell out Suncorp, only extreme storms will prevent this IMO.

Armageddon indeed, I'm agreeing with Jads also.

Now Armageedon the f**k outa here.;-)

salivor

First Grade
Just Another 'Dogs Supporter said:
What, I copped a serve from you?

Shakin in my boots :lol:

I know it was brutal but if you'd cleaned your crystal ball like I warned you, you would've seen it coming.

salivor

First Grade
Of course I Jest, Not being able to sell out their only Origin match, only being able to scrape together 25k to a test match which is on par with previous efforts, struggling to get 30k to finals matches and empty seats at the GF shows just how dear Sydney holds league to it's heart.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

Brisbane = 1 team
Sydney = 9 teams

Do you want us to get technical?

salivor

First Grade

Brisbane = 1 team
Sydney = 9 teams

Do you want us to get technical?

And that's relevant to Origin, Test Football, finals and Grand Finals how?

The Preacher

First Grade
I suppose the only reason NSW is the #1 league state is due to poker machines :lol: there's lies, f**ken lies and stats, and you quoted stats.
Warning,:crazy: Warning GOOSE ON LINE Warning,:crazy: Warning
Goes under name of Salivor, has extremely long neck !!!

brendothejet

First Grade
Im a sydneysider and league is number one, but i continue to marvel at the supprort that queenslanders do give to the game.

Cowboys fans turn up week in week out, as do the broncos. Origin and tests always pack em in.

Sydneysiders seem a little too comfortable with our position. A lot of people take Rugby League for granted in this city. Its always been here and always will is there opinion.

salivor

First Grade
The Preacher said:
I suppose the only reason NSW is the #1 league state is due to poker machines :lol: there's lies, f**ken lies and stats, and you quoted stats.
Warning,:crazy: Warning GOOSE ON LINE Warning,:crazy: Warning
Goes under name of Salivor, has extremely long neck !!!

Warning, warning, poster online who can't contribute to a debate, has extremly long insults that fall flat.

Melbourne managed to get more to a test match than Sydney. Just what do you have to do to get Sydneysiders to a game these days if they don't want to go to test matches, Origin matches, finals matches or Grand Finals? As Brendo said, Sydney takes the game for granted.

The Preacher

First Grade
It's still the Australian home of Rugby League and always will be. No debate required, end of section, no correspondence entered into, judges decision is final, Amen.

Timmah

Staff member

Put Saints v Roosters at Suncorp and I guarantee you will fall short of full attendance and I ALSO guarantee the ratings in Sydney will be greater than that of Brisbane.

JW

Coach
I ALSO guarantee the ratings in Sydney will be greater than that of Brisbane.

Well you'd want to hope so. Seeing as Sydney is, what, almost 3 times the size of Brisbane or there abouts? :?

Timmah

Staff member
Even in proportion. Way to avoid the point I was trying to make. Play a marquee event in a city it has nothing to with and it's bound to strangle local attendance and viewing figures.

meltiger

First Grade
Back on topic lol

Does anyone know when we can expect the full draw?

ie: The website says this week, but today? Friday?

skeepe

Immortal
Even in proportion. Way to avoid the point I was trying to make. Play a marquee event in a city it has nothing to with and it's bound to strangle local attendance and viewing figures.

Such as Gold Coast vs St. George in Brisbane perhaps?

Latest posts