What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

temata proabbly gone

Esoj

Juniors
from tvnz

Orr said the London Broncos and Bradford Bulls had expressed interest in another of his clients, New Zealand Warriors forward Karl Temata, with a decision expected on his future on Friday after holding discussions with "three or four NRL clubs".

seems like there are clubs that want him after all.

da mad maori

Juniors
The trouble with a lot of so-called experts here, is that they fail to see the how valuable Karl is. When you know the difference between an "impact player" and a straight out "benchie", then maybe you'll understand league a little bit more. Karl is a very good "benchie", who is solely there for his defensive work-rate. He will do the occasional hit-up, but I too will admit he aint the best go-forward man.
Well as far as I am concerned, its good that he's getting away , not from the Warriors, but away from all the "knockers' here. At least, Kempy and other clubs recognises what he has to offer. Good on him I say.

Iafeta

Referee
da mad maori said:
The trouble with a lot of so-called experts here, is that they fail to see the how valuable Karl is. When you know the difference between an "impact player" and a straight out "benchie", then maybe you'll understand league a little bit more. Karl is a very good "benchie", who is solely there for his defensive work-rate. He will do the occasional hit-up, but I too will admit he aint the best go-forward man.
Well as far as I am concerned, its good that he's getting away , not from the Warriors, but away from all the "knockers' here. At least, Kempy and other clubs recognises what he has to offer. Good on him I say.

Defensive work rate?

He's hardly clocking up 30 tackles a game.

He's making 6 metres best per hit up, occasionally losing the ball, and not dominating in the ruck.

Last year we desperately needed him, because he made tackles and a lot of them. I made the comment last year, in a semi successful side though he'd be very much surplus to needs.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
da mad maori said:

Don't patronise us. A lot that has been said about TeMata is true. He has been nothing short of nothingness out there. He doesn't add impact, he doesn't have an attacking game and he hardly breaks the line. He has become a f**king passenger out there.

You talk of value, as far as I'm concerned, he has none. TeMata needs to develop some sort of game. I'll bet he gets named in the f**king side again today. It just goes to show that we truly are f**ked for players.

So, see ya later Karl TeMata, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

da mad maori

Juniors
I just said he is not an "IMPACT PLAYER" For christ sake, read what I did say.
Still at somewhere around 100-000 pounds a season, I say good on him, and will continue to say so.

Iafeta

Referee
Stops, moves to the side, dives at the feed - waits for the refs call of SURRRREEEEENNNNDDDDDDAAA and watches in horror as the next player is smashed by an ongoing defensive line that is set because of the extra time allowed. Then smoothes back his dreads....

NZ Warrior

First Grade
da mad maori said:
I just said he is not an "IMPACT PLAYER" For christ sake, read what I did say.
Still at somewhere around 100-000 pounds a season, I say good on him, and will continue to say so.

I did read your post, DMM. I was just emphasising he wasn't an impact player.

I hope he does much better at another club. It'll be the f**king story of the Warriors' life. sh*t, when they play for us. Much improved, when they play for someone else. There could be some hidden meaning in that, hhmmmm????

da mad maori

Juniors
NZ Warrior said:
I did read your post, DMM. I was just emphasising he wasn't an impact player.

I hope he does much better at another club. It'll be the f**king story of the Warriors' life. sh*t, when they play for us. Much improved, when they play for someone else. There could be some hidden meaning in that, hhmmmm????

Probably got a point there NZW. Ive managed to watch a few X's and they arent' that flash. Probably PJs the best of the "goners'.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, I miss PJ too. But, I would have smacked the little bitch around too if he had have jumped at me with a flying elbow to the jaw.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Te Mata probably does whats expected of him. As DMM said he's solely a bench player, not an impact player.

We've lost 10 by less than 10 points. The difference between us & a team like Parramatta, for example, is that they're able to bring at least one ball-player off their bench. If we were able to do the same(and once upon a time we were) we win a percentage of those 10 games that got away this season.
I can understand people being less than impressed with Te Mata's attacking prowess, he has next to none. But even if someone else was in his spot, given what we have had to choose from, I still dont see things being any different for us this season. Look at the overall make-up of what has constituted our bench this year.
If Te Mata had a Widders next to him on the bench, I doubt Karl would attract the same kind of criticism. He'd just go out & do his job which is primarily to keep the defensive line set, to not miss tackles & to rest someone else. The kind of stuff that's less noticeable when you have an adequate amount of talented, creative players making things happen.

annav

Juniors
give Karl a break, I have been following his career, and he does the hard yards.. at least doesn't do stupid off loads and lose possession of the ball...u guys should be wondering why u are losing so many players to the English? what is going on? the club has to do something about it...

Bullseye

Juniors
Doesn't sound like he's that great to me. We look set for the middle of the table next year as we seem to be losing our skipper Jamie Peacock to Leeds.

We need a top class second row who can make yards and defend well. Doesn't sound as if Temata is the man.

ozbash

Referee
te mata's biggest problem is the position he gets put in. he is not a prop- too small.

he would be a good 2nd row forward but would need developement.
reminds me of a young logan swann.

da mad maori

Juniors
In boxing terms he would be called a "journey-man. And that is all that he is. A hard worker, without any talent to create a bit of magic. But I have to be honest here, Karl doesnt' really offer the team any of what we have come accostomed to at the Warriors.We will NEVER compete with the Aussie style of play. So we have to create our own,ala, 02,03,. And that is where his main fault lies, if it can be called a fault. Dropping the ball, hardly make yardage in the go-forward department, well there are a few around at the Warriors who do that.Granted, not acceptable, but lets not crucify one player for his short-comings when there are several others running around out there with the same faults.

Latest posts