What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Rabbits20

Immortal
What a match between Kerber and Halep with both players at times on their knees and falling over and still winning the point....

You won't see better women's tennis than this......

Tommy Smith

Referee
What a match between Kerber and Halep with both players at times on their knees and falling over and still winning the point....

You won't see better women's tennis than this......
Best women's match I've seen at the Aus Open since about 2001 when Hingis had some amazing duels with Serena and Capriati.

And to think the Kerber-Halep match started out 5 love after 13 minutes. From a dud to a classic.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well there you go.

That was very abrupt.

Chung dogged it imo. Had no idea wtf to do and didn't try enough to play on.

Quite disappointing for the fans.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well there you go.

That was very abrupt.

Chung dogged it imo. Had no idea wtf to do and didn't try enough to play on.

Quite disappointing for the fans.
Haven't watched it back as I've been busy but I heard Chung' feet were in a very bad state with blisters....

Haven't watched it back as I've been busy but I heard Chung' feet were in a very bad state with blisters....

Photo from his instagram (caution, picture is a little nasty)

That said, the media would have the pitchforks out if Kyrgios did something like this.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just goes to show you don't fully know what the player is going through....

No way I could run with that and none of us could....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well done to Wozniacki.....

It was a superb final....

I predict Roger to do it tomorrow in 4 sets...

Wizardman

First Grade
I must admit that I didn't think Wozniacki would win a slam. She was always one of those ladies where as soon as she met a big hitter in form (which happens in grand slams), she was done. This Australian Open, she simply did not meet one.

I still think she is prone to losing to big hitters...but to her credit, she has been building up to this form over the last year or so. She is hitting the ball harder and looks as fit as I've ever seen her. She deserves a major.

Halep is definitely an overachiever. She has no big shots but her main weapon is she is a very tough (and smart) competitor. She'll be a major contender in the French.

LatK7

First Grade
Big match tonight. Cilic will have to bring his USO 2014 form for this one.

If Fed can serve well and consistently disrupt Cilic's rhythm, it'll be a tough night for the Croat.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Fed playing as well as I've ever seen him.

He's nailing so many returns which is almost always a sign that his opponent is screwed.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Fed playing as well as I've ever seen him.

He's nailing so many returns which is almost always a sign that his opponent is screwed.
Credit to Cilic though for hanging around.....

Just had his chance at set point and he had to take it....

I see Fed getting this set in a tie break.....

Then he will try and get the early break in the third....

Cilic needs to find something special right now.......

Rabbits20

Immortal
What a tie break from Cilic....

He did step it up and he had too....

I felt Federer went a bit passive and was waiting for a couple of errors from Cilic.....

Cilic really dug in through long service games in that set and he deserved it.....

Tommy Smith

Referee
Cilic's serving in that set was immense.

Some huge serves on every big point.

And now he's in that dangerous rhythm.

Serving first this set so big for Roger.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Cilic finally had a bad service game.

Serving first has been crucial. Fed needs an early break here or it'll be like the 2nd set again.