What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

terry gilliam

curry.

Juniors
i just came t the conclusion that terry gilliam is a psychological genius.

i cite "12 monkeys" and "brazil" as evidence of this.

deep and accurate and dreamingly confusng.

if i was a woman id want babies with this man.

discuss.
talk.
liberate.
educate

Agreed. Damn fine film director (The two examples you brought up are both amazing, but so are 'Fear and Loathing...' and to a lesser extent, 'The Fisher King') as well as animator (the Monty Pyton things) and a funny bastard as well.

Did i discuss, talk, liberate and educate?

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, I like his work.

Haven't seen everything he's made, but Brazil is an all-time favourite of mine.

curry.

Juniors
i like the way he draws the viewer into his own characters confusions.

i cite the tuttle being swept away in the paper in brazil and the mysterious bodyguard type in 12 monkeys.

the tuttle incident reached to me, because its the type of feeling i always experience in my own dreams. a father type figure that there and then not. its really hard to explain.

hes like david lynch, but with an attempt to draw it all together. both directors arouse good feelings in me.

my only criticism is sometimes his camera angles and dialogue can be a bit cheesy. however im aware that movies like brail are a mix of monty python and macabre. i still think there was no reason for fastunrealistic dilogue in his moves but thats just me.

maybe lynch and gill can co operate one day.

and yes,
you did liberate, educate and mass debate

curry.

Juniors
can u work out lost highway and eraserhead?

i have.

on that note ive seen supposed clip of inland empire. it looked terrible. weirder than ever, just boring.