What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TEST MATCH AU v NZ *Live scores & discussion*

Ghoulies....i was trying to get the point across (bronco fans have trouble with that)..that any fullback in the nrl could have played fullback for OZ & done just as good as cutie...
The kiwi kicking game was terrible ....no bombs to defuse,& 1 line break to stop with Locky's help

That wasn't the point I was refuting. Dazza was trying to write off Hunt's performance as sh*t by suggesting that even he, some forum-dwelling crackpot, could match it against 17 full time first graders; dazza failed.

17 full time 1st graders.....please check your facts...... the aussie team yes.....
How many in the NZ team are full time 1st graders

Mr Saab

Referee
Dazza62...always the cynic when it comes to the broncos and especially Hunt.
Its getting boring Dazza.
Perhaps they didnt put up any bombs as they know Hunt is safe. If Bowen played, he would have been hammered with them.

I am so looking forward to origin time when your prodical son once again is overlooked and you go on a bitch fest about how Slater, Bowen, and Wesser could do what Hunt did.
Yawn.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Well he is right, cutie was picked originally not for form, but on political reasons, since then the "incumbent" theory has been implemented with him and he has justified his place. Dazza is well within his rights to day Bowen, Slater and Wesser > cutie, thats his opinion, and i tend to agree with him.

and Ghoulies you need new material if youre the only one who is gonna get behind this burt bashing

Iafeta

Referee
I can't believe the flogging cutie's copped in this match. He was outstanding on the night. I really think one of the key differences was how he was able to split the line up the middle backing up, or get good dominant kick returns. After the first key minutes, the Kiwis chase was staggered and Kermy hit them hard for it.

Big Pete

Referee
He's flogging a dead horse though.

Bowen was given a chance at the No. 1 in Two Origin matches, the result? 2 Losses. Hunt is just a much more classier player than Bowen and he proved it on Friday.

The fact is dazza is suffering from sour grapes because Bowen didn't get in and he knows he probably won't get in for a long time without of course injuries going his way.

While Bowen has shown good club form for the past 6 games, Hunt has been one of our best in the past 2-3 seasons and lately he's been in good form.

It's one of those Class > Form.

Ghoulies

Bench
dazza62 said:
17 full time 1st graders.....please check your facts...... the aussie team yes.....
How many in the NZ team are full time 1st graders
16 fulltime first graders, with the only premier leaguer being a bloke who'll no doubt be a star for the Eels in the future.... gee, I was one off; how embarrassing.

luke burt's one and only fan said:
and Ghoulies you need new material if youre the only one who is gonna get behind this burt bashing
Burt bashing? I didn't say what I did to insult Luke Burt, I said it to bait a reaction from you.

Big Pete said:
He's flogging a dead horse though.

Bowen was given a chance at the No. 1 in Two Origin matches, the result? 2 Losses. Hunt is just a much more classier player than Bowen and he proved it on Friday.

The fact is dazza is suffering from sour grapes because Bowen didn't get in and he knows he probably won't get in for a long time without of course injuries going his way.

While Bowen has shown good club form for the past 6 games, Hunt has been one of our best in the past 2-3 seasons and lately he's been in good form.

It's one of those Class > Form.
Define class......
i am dying to hear how cutie is classier...

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Ghoulies said:
16 fulltime first graders, with the only premier leaguer being a bloke who'll no doubt be a star for the Eels in the future.... gee, I was one off; how embarrassing.

Burt bashing? I didn't say what I did to insult Luke Burt, I said it to bait a reaction from you.

he has a lot of bandwagoners this season Ghoulies

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Ghoulies said:

To be fair Australia had an incredible edge in both NRL and big match experience. Rapira, Inu, Roberts, Eastwood, Mannering, SBW, Marshall, Soliola, Pritchard, Vatuvei, Halatau, Faiumu, Webster, Asotasi are all very young and have only emerged on the NRL scene over the past 2-3 seasons. Guys like Lockyer, Petro, Hindy, Mason, Hodges etc have been killing it for some time. Australia have young guys too, but it's a lot easier bringing them through when you've got that extra experience around.

Australia were the better team no doubt, but this NZ team if kept together will grow into a real force. In recent years the junior Kiwis and Kangaroos have consistently traded wins and losses so there isn't much between the two junior sides other than the depth the Australians have to chose from, which is something the Kiwis are always going to have to deal with so there's no point even arguing about that one.

badav

Bench
dazza62 said:
Define class......
i am dying to hear how cutie is classier...

You are a dead set drop kick. Hunt has a strong game and yet all you can do is come on here and write sh*t? You saying that yourself:)lol: :lol: ), slater and bowen could do just as good a job is totally speculative.

The fact is Hunt got the call up and did a great job once again. Stop crying about it and writing crap you whinging idiot.

Micistm

Bench
:roll:
KeepingTheFaith said:
To be fair Australia had an incredible edge in both NRL and big match experience. Rapira, Inu, Roberts, Eastwood, Mannering, SBW, Marshall, Soliola, Pritchard, Vatuvei, Halatau, Faiumu, Webster, Asotasi are all very young and have only emerged on the NRL scene over the past 2-3 seasons. Guys like Lockyer, Petro, Hindy, Mason, Hodges etc have been killing it for some time. Australia have young guys too, but it's a lot easier bringing them through when you've got that extra experience around.

Australia were the better team no doubt, but this NZ team if kept together will grow into a real force. In recent years the junior Kiwis and Kangaroos have consistently traded wins and losses so there isn't much between the two junior sides other than the depth the Australians have to chose from, which is something the Kiwis are always going to have to deal with so there's no point even arguing about that one.

That's a very fair view, and one most seem to ignore. It wasn't really the Kiwi side as such, even taking into account the retirements from the Kiwi side last year. They were a very young side, I was proud of them. But a test for Anzac day is a joke. Unless Kiwis can pick the side from their full pool of players, it will remain a joke, and Bluey may as well use the Anzac test to blood new players, and prepare for the end of the year's test. That is of course if Clubs start to get fair about it and stop sending out players off for that so called immediate surgery that for some reason only New Zealand players seem to need...:roll:

badav said:
The fact is Hunt got the call up and did a great job once again. Stop crying about it and writing crap you whinging idiot.
I will write what i like ...
what you bronco supporters don't seem to get.......is that Hunt got called up ...but didn't deserve to on his form.....Other players performing far better should have been given a go.

Latest posts