What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Test Side for Game v NZ.

antonius

Coach
Fullback
Darren Lockyer (Brisbane Broncos)

Wing
Anthony Minichiello (Sydney Roosters)

Centre
Shannon Hegarty (Sydney Roosters)

Centre
Michael De Vere (Brisbane Broncos)

Wing
Matt Sing (Nth Queensland Cowboys)

Five Eighth
Craig Wing (Sydney Roosters)

Half Back
Brett Kimmorley (Cronulla Sharks)

Lock Forward
Luke Ricketson (Sydney Roosters)

Second Row
Craig Fitzgibbon (Sydney Roosters)

Second Row
Steve Simpson (Newcastle Knights)

Prop Forward
Robbie Kearns (Melbourne Storm)

Hooker
Danny Buderus (Newcastle Knights)

Prop Forward
Shane Webcke (Brisbane Broncos)

Interchange
Willie Mason (Bulldogs)
Richard Villasanti (Warriors)
Phil Bailey (Cronulla Sharks)
Craig Gower (Penrith Panthers

As can be seen Brett K got in in front of Gower.

CoastieChik

Juniors
IDIOTS!! [-(

That's so wrong!!! :evil:

Still a very formiddable side though - even with the never-ending absentee list! :D

Congrats to Simmo for makin the run-on side (considering his injury-marred season!) - that's awsum! O:)

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
What a joke. If Anderson needed is lover boy kimmorley at halfback so much, then they should have put gower at 5/8 and wing on the bench!

Parki

Bench
Id like to know his justification for putting Kimmorley ahead of the best player in the NRL this year, i like a laugh....maybe he should just come out with it and go "look we are lovers, im sorry but bretty baby has to be in the team...." it would make more sense..

snapper

Juniors
Gower should be the starting half, Anderson is a deadset wanker. I also cant believe there giving that useless twat Phil Bailey another run after his stunning contribution to the blues squad. Tell him he's dreamin

How on earth can the best player and halfback of the year who lead a team from the wooden spoon to become the NRL premiers not get the spot ahead of a player who missed most of the back end of the season with a broken testacle and lead the sharks to 2nd last position?

knightsno1fan

Juniors
Parki said:
Id like to know his justification for putting Kimmorley ahead of the best player in the NRL this year, i like a laugh....maybe he should just come out with it and go "look we are lovers, im sorry but bretty baby has to be in the team...." it would make more sense..
:lol: :lol: :lol: I suppose he just figures he doesn't need to point out the obvious. Gower earnt that spot for sure, Kimmorley did jack sh!t all season execpt for nursing his broken balls.

princess plj

Juniors
i cannot believe this...kimmorley come no.....thats crap...it makes me wonder if joey was not injured would kimmorley be there as a back up??? come on gower, hello has played brilliantly the whole season and whats had noddy done- jack all!!!

socksie

Juniors
i think its a concensus that kimmorly at 1/2 is ridiculous, especially as gower's form has been great this year.

however, if you look at our halves in wing and kimmorly compared to leuluai and vagana for the kiwis we should have no problem putting them away

on a more knights note, i see the nrl stuffed up steve simpson's team (which really, is an offence more than anything else) and BK's missing... did he withdraw?? have i really been living in a hole for the last couple of months cuz i seem to have missed that :oops:

Voice of Reason

Juniors
The following quote is straight from the NRL website. Have a look at the Steve Simpson entry- do they know something that we don't?????

The Chairman of the Australian Rugby League, Mr Colin Love, is pleased to announce the following players have been selected to represent the Philips Kangaroos in the Test match against New Zealand to be played on Saturday 18th October at North Harbour Stadium, Auckland at 5.30pm (NZ Time).

Fullback
Darren Lockyer (Brisbane Broncos)

Wing
Anthony Minichiello (Sydney Roosters)

Centre
Shannon Hegarty (Sydney Roosters)

Centre
Michael De Vere (Brisbane Broncos)

Wing
Matt Sing (Nth Queensland Cowboys)

Five Eighth
Craig Wing (Sydney Roosters)

Half Back
Brett Kimmorley (Cronulla Sharks)

Lock Forward
Luke Ricketson (Sydney Roosters)

Second Row
Craig Fitzgibbon (Sydney Roosters)

Second Row
Steve Simpson (Brisbane Broncos)

Prop Forward
Robbie Kearns (Melbourne Storm)

Hooker
Danny Buderus (Newcastle Knights)

Prop Forward
Shane Webcke (Brisbane Broncos)

Interchange
Willie Mason (Bulldogs)
Richard Villasanti (Warriors)
Phil Bailey (Cronulla Sharks)
Craig Gower (Penrith Panthers)

Coach
Chris Anderson

Please note Petero Civoniceva was unavailable for selection due to his suspension from the Round 26 of the Telstra Premiership competition against St George Illawarra.

Argghh!!!! Pleaaaaasssseeee!!!!

Kimorley beening select proves it all chris anderson is f**king kimmorley. Kimoorly sholudn't have even been in da train on team. And as 4 Camble, Weser not getting in da team the selector should all be sacked. I all so think Brent Webb should be in da team his form ova da past few monyhs has been f**king awsome he would have been a great utility he can play any where in da back line or at hooker

les norton

First Grade
snapper said:
Gower should be the starting half, Anderson is a deadset wanker. I also cant believe there giving that useless twat Phil Bailey another run after his stunning contribution to the blues squad. Tell him he's dreamin

I agree with everyone about Kimmorley, but no one can honestly say that there shocked. as for Bailey...I think he is a great player and has been the best player for the sharks (although it wasnt hard) all year. I think he deserved his spot.

princess plj

Juniors
i am still fuming about this kimmorley at 1/2. my family think i am a complete nutter about it. i am ready to write a letter, although its not going to get me very far, unless something drastic happens in between now and daturday i can't see gower being at starting half. it makes me wonder if joey was there would gower be there at all? the rest of the team is ok, its a young side full of potential - although i did not know steve simpson played for the broncos? did i miss that coz i was sure he wore the red and blue this season!!! ;-) maybe the nrl knows something that we don't?

ok maybe its because i don't like kimmorley that i am getting so worked up but......

Timana's girl

Juniors
i reckon kimmorley is a good player. Joey is the best in the comp and he said that "kimmorley should do it" gower isn't the best, hes ok and i think thats its fair that hes on the bench.

I guess Kimmorley will get the job done but there is perhaps a bigger clanger that may have been overlooked
HEGARTY AS CENTRE!!!!!AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH
He barely makes it as a winger!
What will he do now that he doesnt have to jog out of dummy half on a kick return.Surely some centre bolter could have done the job :cry:

keeney

First Grade
i too think hegarty is perhaps the worst centre choice for the roos, but there really isn't anyone else, with withdrawals from lyon, tate, gidley gasnier, and girdler, there really isnt anyone else.

CoastieChik

Juniors
Holla if ya hear me said:
I guess Kimmorley will get the job done but there is perhaps a bigger clanger that may have been overlooked
HEGARTY AS CENTRE!!!!!AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

Yeah, the job will get done, but it won't be bcos of Kimmorley!! :evil:

I think Hegarty was a standout in a WELL BEATEN side in the GF, and with all the good centres out, he staked a strong enough claim!

knightsgal85

Juniors
Brett Kimmorley is not versatile, neither is Matt Orford for that matter had he been selected, Craig Gower is, & hence this is the reason he is on the bench.

We have no better option at five-eighth with the possible exception of Craig Gower, so it was clearly going to be either Gower or Wing on the bench. Both of which made the Grand Final, both had solid games, & I cannot dispute too much with these selections (i.e. Wing at five-eighth & Gower on the bench). I thought perhaps Matt Geyer could have possibly made the team since we had no one else purely accustomed to play the five-eighth role since selectors overlooked Preston Campbell. However, without either of them, Craig Wing is clearly our best option there. I think he is a bit bigger than Preston Campbell & he is certainly a stronger defender. Although, I have to admit that I would have preferred Craig Gower & Preston Campbell to be the halves combination.

Willie Mason should not be on the tour, & I do not believe there is any reason to elaborate further.

As for the rest of the selections, I believe they got it precisely right, especially considering the players, which were available to tour.

In association to the Brett Kimmorley argument, you can add Chris Anderson's comment that he got first priority to the halfback position as he has been so long without a game, & that Craig Gower will get his chance on tour. Fair enough, I suppose, even given Anderson's slanted agenda. Further, I would add that Brett Kimmorley has done the job before, & has done it reasonably well.

Craig Gower's performance this season has been first class & he has been undoubtedly one of the best players this season. On the other side of the equation, Brett Kimmorley has been average at his climax, & yet he is selected as the first preference halfback. Not that I was expecting Chris Anderson to select otherwise. It is disappointing that it seems almost as if a representative position is not associated with current performance.

I suppose it is time to put our focus on the upcoming Test, & see how successful the team will perform.

Latest posts