What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tevita Pangai Junior off contract.

Frank Facer

First Grade
↑mickeylane said: ↑
Not at $600k a season he's asking for

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/goto/post?id=12790387#post-12790387
He can ask that but wont get it... how much does Boyd want?

600K a year for Pangai would have been one of the bargains of the century.

Pangai is off contract again. If I was Millward, I would be going all out for him. He will be one of the premier forwards in the game over the next 10 years or so. I Don't like our chances, but I would still be having a go. He will most likely stay at Brisbane and if he leaves, it would most likely be Souths.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Always love a thread where we are chasing 22 year olds when we have our own which we have failed to nurture.
We identified Kerr a few years back and we have really helped his development.
FMD wake up people bringing these people to our club is a waste of time and energy whilst ever we have Mc Fookknuckle & Co driving the bus.
If Pangai wants a career that will prosper best he go to the Tigpies or Penrith.
Yep comparing TPJ to Host, Kerr or Leilua. FMD :joy::joy:

Old Timer

Coach
Yep comparing TPJ to Host, Kerr or Leilua. FMD :joy::joy:
Read the post again and then get back to me when you can comprehend what was said
I simply pointed out that if TPJ came here under coach he would go backwards or sit on the bench like all the other 22 year olds do and if he wanted to ensue he had a career better to go to other clubs than here.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
↑mickeylane said: ↑
Not at $600k a season he's asking for
He can ask that but wont get it... how much does Boyd want?

600K a year for Pangai would have been one of the bargains of the century.

Pangai is off contract again. If I was Millward, I would be going all out for him. He will be one of the premier forwards in the game over the next 10 years or so. I Don't like our chances, but I would still be having a go. He will most likely stay at Brisbane and if he leaves, it would most likely be Souths.
Mickey Lane was talking about Junior Paulo wanting $600k not TPJ in saying that TPJ will command a big salary, will either stay at Broncos or head to souths as you said that is the rumour, even if we offered $100k more he would still not come, unless Mary throws in the jetski...

Frank Facer

First Grade
Mickey Lane was talking about Junior Paulo wanting $600k not TPJ in saying that TPJ will command a big salary, will either stay at Broncos or head to souths as you said that is the rumour, even if we offered $100k more he would still not come, unless Mary throws in the jetski...
Sorry for missquoting you and Mickey. I didn't read back far enough.

I was saying last year that I wanted us to sign Pangai. Then I wanted us to sign Bennett and bring Pangai with him.

hazzbeen

Bench
Just read somewhere that Trent Merrin has contacted the club wanting to come back as a replacement for Jack .... Any one know more ? For me on a 1 year contract maybe?

_Johnsy

Referee
Read the post again and then get back to me when you can comprehend what was said
I simply pointed out that if TPJ came here under coach he would go backwards or sit on the bench like all the other 22 year olds do and if he wanted to ensue he had a career better to go to other clubs than here.

I understand what you said, no issues there. Regardless, TPJ wouldn’t be on the pine at our club, he walks into a starting spot. You mentioned he would go backwards at the same pace of our trio under Mary (which is a comparison). TPJ is the best young forward in the NRL of the past decade (IMHO)

possm

Coach
I understand what you said, no issues there. Regardless, TPJ wouldn’t be on the pine at our club, he walks into a starting spot. You mentioned he would go backwards at the same pace of our trio under Mary (which is a comparison). TPJ is the best young forward in the NRL of the past decade (IMHO)

Our round 3 game against the Broncos will clearly show why TPJ would not be heading to SGI. He has been trained well under Bennett and now under a very good coach at the Broncos. Unfortunately 'coach is king' for these young bucks.

Old Timer

Coach
I am not questioning how good TPJ is not am I making a comparison to players within our system
What I am saying is regardless of how good they are our coach does not have the ability to transition them and as a direct result their progress is restricted.
Our coach is s very different personality to any other and no player is safe from his lack of vision or ability.