What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thaiday stands down as Broncos captain

Diesel

Referee
Lol, Broncos, should've dumped him as captain a long time ago

Parker deserves the c against his name over Thirdman in a toilet cubical

Snappy

Coach
Another problem was the Broncos playing him at prop, when his best position is on the edge. He played great in SOO last year, but club form ordinary, and his butter fingers regularly let him down

Usain Bolt

Bench
Parker and Hodges co-captains. Parker will be captain thought cos Hodges only plays a few games a year anyway

DeeJ

Bench
Thaiday is a great player and speaks well to the media but he is not captain's material at this moment. When the going is tough he has his hands on his hips, is jogging behind the play etc. Need a guy that will lift them through words or body language.

Parker will be an excellent captain.

1qaz

Juniors
Good decision and well handled by everyone involved.

HAHAHA Keep on backtracking :lol:

I don't see enough leadership qualities in Parker to suggest he would have made much difference and his previous stints left A LOT to be desired. Sometimes people aren't cut out to be made captain, Webcke was basically the same way until he jagged a few wins late into his career.

A knee jerk reaction and a bizarre one at that.

Thaiday had a quiet evening and didn't perform as well as a captain should have but some of you are very quick to forget how good he's been for us for the past month. He's shown improvement as a captain and I believe he deserves at least another season in charge of the leadership. Giving it to Parker wouldn't achieve anything.

Game, Set Match to me.
Next Challenger please.

Big Pete

Referee
Digging up posts from August, somebody is clearly starved of attention.

Don't worry, I'll oblige. My position has always been that the captaincy isn't as big a deal as others have made out. However, others feel differently and Thaiday was continually losing support, so the club can offer a nice band-aid solution and leave everyone feeling happy about themselves. I didn't support the idea of stripping him of the captaincy after Round 24, and still think it would have been a terrible time to do so, but if they were going to make a decision, right now was the perfect time.

1qaz

Juniors
Digging up posts from August, somebody is clearly starved of attention.

Don't worry, I'll oblige. My position has always been that the captaincy isn't as big a deal as others have made out. However, others feel differently and Thaiday was continually losing support, so the club can offer a nice band-aid solution and leave everyone feeling happy about themselves. I didn't support the idea of stripping him of the captaincy after Round 24, and still think it would have been a terrible time to do so, but if they were going to make a decision, right now was the perfect time.

HAHAHAHA Keep on backtracking you clown.

You never wanted Parker as captain, you were so against it always bringing up his record as captain.
Now you praising the club for making Parker captain :lol:

AceAv

Juniors
Geez -watch out what you say on here as 1qaz the wannabe moderator will find a way to pull down your pants for it lol!?

Kiwi

First Grade
HAHAHAHA Keep on backtracking you clown.

You never wanted Parker as captain, you were so against it always bringing up his record as captain.
Now you praising the club for making Parker captain :lol:

Ahhh he was praising the club for thaiday not being captain anymore. Talk about jump the gun a captain hadn't even been announced and he never mentioned who he thought it should be, he was probably like myself and maybe that Glenn was the best option, don't know because he didn't say who he thought was going to be captain.

Kiwi

First Grade
Geez -watch out what you say on here as 1qaz the wannabe moderator will find a way to pull down your pants for it lol!?

maybe he wants to be a mod, can't see any other reason for him to be in the broncos forums, he's clearly not a fan of the club.

When Milford joins the club, and if Smith does aswell I can see us winning a premiership within the next three years. When that premiership happens ( well before Gagai will ever see one if he ever sees one ) 1qaz should be put on suicide watch, after all we don't want him having second thoughts and not going through with it.

Last edited:

Ph1l

Juniors
Unfortunately Parker's winning record when he's captain is deplorable. He suffers under the extra pressure not unlike Thaiday.

Latest posts