What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank God 4 Dykes

Utey

Coach
U guys might not like him but if it werent for dykes we would not hav had half a chance. He has secured the halfback spot and called it his own. I have nevr stopped supporting dykes and now that he has an ideal pivot player such as witt who can create something the halves problem could be solved. The team played very well and would have been unlcuky to lose, Geez hasnt ash ghraham lost a bit of speed since breaking his leg. Still the 3/4 played well and it may be a sign of better things to come. Have to see next week against Manly. Everyone get out there.

redeel

Juniors
sorry but you have to get real mate . one game hardly convinces me that he has locked up the half spot. he is a senior playerand a so called marquee player, he must replcate that form and then some on a weekly basis, he has been there 3 yrs and is too hot and cold mostly cold. lets see how he performs against some of the top end teams befor we rap this expensive part timer :evil:

Unreal V

Juniors
Whether or not he belongs there lets hope that the pairing of Dykes and Witt remains unchanged. Some type of combination is better than none at all, let them find their feet and play into their respective roles.

Eels Dude

Coach
Dykes had a good game last night, he has had quite a few this season. However I don't think his consistency is anywhere near where it should be considering his pay-packet. When is he good, he's very good, but when he's bad, he's awful.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I agree with Jake!!

I was pulling out whats left on my head knowing that Dykes would be more suited as a second receiver and a bit wider in the ruck with Witty at half back.

Utey

Coach
Yeh tru but his form was good until all this changin started to happen. He is a good player and may well be a better 5/8but witt has been playing 5/8 in prem so it only makes sense. We all saw wat hap[pened with dykeas at 5/8 and thorman in 7. He will show his good form and we will have a few more wins the next couple weeks.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he's only had a couple of good games in 2 years

he stufed up the last tackle options last night, and bobbed up to help us win the game.

Its a step in the right direction, but he needs to take a few more steps forward, for me.

Kornstar

Coach
The problem with our 5th tackle option is that the kicker stands like he would in any play of the 4 tackles proceeding, they need to stand back deeper and have plenty of time to get the kick away,our forwards need to also do a better job of sheilding. Our play the balls are not fast enough to get a kick away when they are standing to close to the ruck!!!!!! They should be training more on their 5th tackle option during the week because that is where we are let down way too much for my liking........

Dykes was better last night but i was a little dissapointed that he was in control because Witt was not really given the ball that much, Dykes would always get the ball and fake to pass then go somewhere else away from Witt. I think Witt will get better in the 5/8th role he just needs to be included a little more i think.

Latest posts