What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you from Perth

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thanks to those fans who made the trip over to Perth for Souths annual game here. Great to see The Burrow flag flying proudly at The shed end and so much Souths gear in the crowd. Sorry you didn't get the result this year but hope you had a great stay in our lovely city anyway. look forward to hositng you again next year.
RL fans of WA

Perth Red

Post Whore
ps if you are a supporter of expansion and of seeing our great game grow across the country we welcome new members from all 4 corners to our WA Red Army RL supporters group. We are an independent supporters group backing the WA Reds bid for an NRL spot in 2015. Membership is free and you can join us at www.warzone.net.au and follow all the latest expansion news on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/waredarmy/

Tis a pity the result was not ours.

But good luck with the bid.

I signed up. I really think Perth would be an excellent expansion city, as I do with Central Qld.

KKW

Juniors
Trying to be objective here but, apart from pleasing the TV schedulers, what would Perth actually add to the NRL apart from another team that'd need to be propped up by the NRL for a few years while leaving the Sydney clubs short of the NRL pie? Is perth looking to be self sufficent unlike the Storm or the GC? What's their stadium like? Do they have a strong local & youth comp compared to the rah rah comp in WA? The force hardly get big crowds to their games and there's more support for RU than league in Perth as it stands.

Perth would bring:
* A new TV slot
* A new region
* New fans (the previous Reds fans, NRL and grow the pie).
* New sponsors from WA (esp mining money)
* The ability for the NRL to actually say they are a national comp.

That said, I also would like to see a Central Coast, Central Qld and 2nd Brisbane team. But that's just me.

I also think private money would be part of the way to go.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Thanks to those fans who made the trip over to Perth for Souths annual game here. Great to see The Burrow flag flying proudly at The shed end and so much Souths gear in the crowd. Sorry you didn't get the result this year but hope you had a great stay in our lovely city anyway. look forward to hositng you again next year.
RL fans of WA

Thanks mate. I have made the trip over every year. One thing I know is that Perth is ready for a team over there. It is a shame that Channel 9 decided against playing the game live because I have no doubt that had it been a 7pm kick off instead of a 6pm kick off the game would have sold out.