What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Channel 9

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
TURDS is the first word that springs to mind! but anyone who appreciated Channel 9's Sunday offerings of "Boots "n" All" can apparently now whistle Dixie! It's got the big arse! so no more old Jets footage presented by the old Jet himself Gus Gould, apparently the other clown (Voss) is the reason the show folded! What a shame considering the Jets were a semi regular mention on the show (in pre 83 form).
Great segment on Genaro Panzarino (forgive my spelling) last year! All gone now!

greg

Juniors
It is a pity NBB, it was a very good show. It was an appreciation of the game in what I believe was a better era. Jerseys were sacred, not changed at a whim evey week, scrums were contests and most importantly the boys from Henson were in the top grade. Do we know why it was axed, I'd presume it rated well.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Uncle Greg,,,Apparently it got the big chop cause vossy had "other commitments" but yes! I agree 100% that it twas a portal back to a far better era! yep ratings were good but the current crop of Ch9 talking heads aka Voss & Widler etc seem to hold sway over what we'll be seeing from now on?, bring back the days of won casey and frank hyde I say,,bugger the rest of em!
NBB

Henson

Juniors
Now bloody channel 9 have got it all stuffed up again and axed this great show the least they can do is put the season on dvd and sell it...
The sales will tell them something,Voss is just a talking head,get someone like Tommy or Sattler to co host.
Was it eddie or Humphy B Bear that just took over?

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah...stuff Vossy......There would be plenty of other people that could host the show and do a far better job. Shame NBB. I used to catch the show regularly and always enjoyed watching the Bluebag clips as well.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
"BOOTS"N"ALL" is now dead and buried unfortunately. Who knows? with enough complaints it might comeback in some form or other? Afficianados of league history :f: now have little other outlets for their obsession!:( (buggered if I know whats on cable tv? 5 channels are enough for me!)

NZ Jet

Juniors
bugger! There goes one of the few avenues for real rugby league left on free to air media in NZ (not counting the 2 or 3 RL shows each week on Maori TV - including live coverage of Bartercard Cup - some Aussie channels could learn from them)
At least we still have A View For The Hill via the internet and the ABC radio call on a Sunday (if there's no Union game on) - but I will miss Boots and All too. May be the last time we ever see some of that old footage...

Latest posts