What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks to Alan Wilson (Bears Related)

Boing Boing

Juniors
I just thought I'd tell everyone this.

As a long time bears supporter (despite the link in my sig) I purchased a Retro Bears Jersey when they were sent out. I heard that the old boys of teh bears were getting together for the Orarra Valley 7's and through a chain of phone calls, eventually got put on to Alan Wilson, asking him if he could get my jersey signed.

He obliged and I sent it off to him. It's now about a year later and today I recieved a parcel from One Michale Buettner. To my surprise, not only did I pull out my Retro jersey (Spider web version) but a current Norths T-shirt and another Jersey (with the black bear on all fours in teh badge), for nothing!!

I quickly rang Alan's mobile to thank him to find that Mick Buettner had his phone and he no longer works for the NRL. I had a short chat to Mick and he seemed very friendly and said that he would always be willing to help out when it came to the Bears. I stressed how happy I was to recieve this package as I knew the club could have done with the profit from the merchandise.

So Alan, if you're out there or if someone here knows him, tell him thanks, from Ben.

Big-Steve

Juniors
Boing Boing said:
Where do I sign? Seriously.
Just go to the Merbership page in the Bears Club section of the website www.northsydneybears.com.au.

Alan wilson was pretty much responsible for getting the Bears team in the Sevens and certainly is a great guy as is Mick.

Alan won't be there in Feburary this time but there will still be Bears team. I'll post as soon as I know more.

girvie

Staff member
Boing Boing said:
It looks like I need a proposer and a seconder.
You don't need them. On the second page just fill in the section that says "why i want to become a member..."

Big-Steve

Juniors
Boing Boing said:
Will it be at Coffs again?
Sure will and a few Bears fans are going to make the trip.

Only difference this time is it will finish on Saturday not Sunday.