What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THAT Video decision....

***MH***

Bench
Very dangerous precendent set in the first video decision of the game. expect to see much debate about this decision.

my interpretation is that you can't rule on previous plays (except for head-high, spear, fighting, etc.......).

it will be interesting to see what the head body's interpretation will be.

melon....

Coach
You can go back upto 6 plays under the new rules. No controversy at all. Ch 9 just dont know what they are talking about...as usual.

ibeme

First Grade
Touch judge spotted knock-on but ref didn't hear him until try was scored. Shouldn't have gone to video ref, but touchy should have given his judgement. Basically, the touchy would have called knock on anyway, so it turned out alright in the end. They just shouldn't have gone to the video

melon....

Coach
ibeme said:
Touch judge spotted knock-on but ref didn't hear him until try was scored. Shouldn't have gone to video ref, but touchy should have given his judgement. Basically, the touchy would have called knock on anyway, so it turned out alright in the end. They just shouldn't have gone to the video
Ibeme...read my lips...THEY CAN GO TO THE VIDEO FOR UPTO 6 TACKLES.

ibeme

First Grade
melon.... said:
ibeme said:

This isn't from my mouth. Matty Johns asked the video ref what the go was

Anyway, I was writing this at the same time you were writing yours so settle down

NPK

Bench
melon.... said:
ibeme said:

Yea, but only for foul play - not knock-ons.

Anonymous

Juniors
Its just another f**k up by the Video Ref.

Honestly they get them wrong so often now, I don't know why people bother.

Which is just sad when you think about it.

Here's the thing that I don't understand:

Why is the commentary team kicking up such a fuss?

Maybe they acted against the rules, maybe they didn't...

Quote from Gould: "Penrith were dudded in that one"

Hold on... IT WAS A KNOCK ON! THE TRY SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SCORED REGARDLESS!!

I know there are rules and protocols, but seriously, does it matter as long as we get the decision right? :roll:

axl rose

Bench
RaiderMan said:
Here's the thing that I don't understand:

Why is the commentary team kicking up such a fuss?

Maybe they acted against the rules, maybe they didn't...

Quote from Gould: "Penrith were dudded in that one"

Hold on... IT WAS A KNOCK ON! THE TRY SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SCORED REGARDLESS!!

I know there are rules and protocols, but seriously, does it matter as long as we get the decision right? :roll:

Exactly, they get it right yet they are still having a cry. I turn the sound down usually because i cant stand them.

melon....

Coach
That depends on the interpretation of foul play. Is foul play someone laying an elbow in the backplay, or is it a mistake that wasnt picked up. A forward pass for example can be classed as foul play....if its intentional a penalty is given, if not the other team gets the ball anyway from scrum or change over. So maybe the problem is defining foul play. A knock on isnt exactly play on is it, and Waterhouse did knock it on, blatantly and the ref unfortuantely is not good enough to pick it up, nor his touchies, but in the end justice was done, regardless of the interpretation that you cant call back play after the next play the ball.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm with Raiderman here, even if you can't go back according to the rules, I don't get why you all think that Penny should've gotten the try. He still knocked it on - and to be honest I wouldn't approve of my team being awarded a try after a dropsies. Fair is fair, and any Raider would've been angry if the VR said yes. Simple.

Raider_69

Post Whore
its damned if ya do damned if ya dont

they award the try and the ref cops it, they dont and he still cops it

NPK

Bench
I wonder if the knock-on would have been called if Penrith hadn't crossed the line and just got tackled as usual.

melon.... said:
You can go back upto 6 plays under the new rules. No controversy at all. Ch 9 just dont know what they are talking about...as usual.

Maybe you missed it melon, but your roosters coaching director was one of the Channel 9 team members being very vocal and animated about the decision. :oops: :oops:

melon....

Coach
Big Panther Cool said:
melon.... said:

Maybe you missed it melon, but your roosters coaching director was one of the Channel 9 team members being very vocal and animated about the decision. :oops: :oops:
We heard you the first time eggball. Never said I was a fan of Gould ever. Being an ex Cheating Dog and Penrith twit.