What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That was a game of footy.

boo_boo

Juniors
Firstly it was a great win for the Roosters & they played some good football.
It doesn't matter who you support that was a great win.
They deserve credit for sticking to their guns & coming up with a victory.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
I love the Combination they have going at the moment with 1. Mini 6 Carney 7. Pearce 13. Anasta. Best attacking footy I've seen from them in a long time.

boo_boo

Juniors
I agree but the unsung heroes would have to be Aubusson & Friend.
Aubusson is turning into a real handy back-rower.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Great game and a pity to lose it. Well done Roosters.

Monk

Referee
Did linnett go off sometime during the second half? I swear I couldn't see him.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Listened to the game on radio lads and loved it
Morrow and Ryan we're giving it to the refs big time saying that your lot had to beat the Dogs twice, all nineteen of them. So well done!

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Mitch Aubusson has been 1 of our best players all year, he is fantastic, I just love watching him play.

It was a great game, great to beat the Dogs.

Anasta played his best game for us I reckon.

Choppies

Coach
That was a game destroyed by diabolical refereeing. If the score was the same but without all the horrible calls then I would say game of the year.
Still im proud of the way we won. Really shows how far this team has come since the diaster that was last season.

boo_boo

Juniors
It's very rare that a club can buy so many new signings, not all superstars & mould them into a premiership threat.
Brian Smith has done an amazing job at Easts & should go close to getting Coach of the year.

D

Deleted member 10972

Minichiello, Perrett, Kenny-Dowall, Pearce, Friend, Nuuausala, Aubusson, Symonds, Kennedy, Masoe all made their first grade debuts for Roosters. Tuigamala, Takairangi, Baitieri, Guerra and Linnett also did, after playing NYC for Panthers, Souths, Eels, Storm and Dragons respectively. Leilua also played SG Ball for Dragons. They are all fringe first graders anyway.

The main signings the Roosters have made are two 'experience' signings in Graham and Ryles, who are clearly past their prime but are doing their jobs for the club. Kouparitsas and Conn were fringe first graders at their clubs. Myles and Carney are the key players who have been brought over from other clubs, and Hargreaves was a huge talent for Manly NYC and a few FG games too.

The whole 'rorters' thing is pretty unfounded, most players were introduced to FG by us.