What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That Was A Try!!

Sully

Juniors
Good Morning All.

I can not believe the rubbish refereeing this fine code has!

They are disgraceful.

The Raiders out played the Broncos last night in all aspects yet we still lost the game.

KEY Moments:

1. Adam Mogg: Useless at the best of times knocks the ball on from Dummy half and Brisbane score.

2. Frawley: Knocks on and Brisbane score

3. Frawley scores and the Video Ref is to busy hoping he wont be in the Centerlink line tomorrow and awards NO try.

4. Penalties against us for sh*te!

In all seriousness, the Raiders have been robbed! Yes useless Mogg and Frawley cost us but these part time Referees are not worth feeding.

Thanks for throwing away our season.

-->GREAT CALL THICKO's. How did you get that gig? also Woodgers should have a crack at that!

Sully

Juniors
1 other thing.

Those guys who said they would turn up and rock the ground, you guys had a go great to see!!!

Well done!

Bay56

First Grade
I have posted some pics of this TRY and the correct decision given against berrigans try at GH ... have a look and I think you will see that we were duded big time ..

you'll also see pics of tongue being held back ... a blantant infringement that was not penalised

Raider Azz

Bench
you'll also see pics of tongue being held back ... a blantant infringement that was not penalised
Miller knocked it on first Bay, that was the correct decision. Even if Tougne was never held back and was able to get to the ball the same decision would have been made.

woodgers

Bench
Frawleys was a certain try, that was one of the worst decisions this season. That should have been awarded BEFORE the benefit rule is even used.

The NRL should have a look at the way Mander handles the Raiders. He has given us a few roasting this season including a 13-3 penatly count against the Sharks. If the Raiders complain then it gets investigated by the imcompetent Robert Finch who is not going to do us any favours due to his past dealings with our club. The game ain't what is used to be Sully, the corruption and politics have spoilt it.

nickraider

Juniors
Mander and his video ref team have robbed us of a spot in the eight I feel! What is it with Mander? He even called Carney out of a play and the Broncos scored. He is a joke! Everyone is talking about the Broncos winning the premiership and we don't even get a mention as per usual. I am so fuc*ing frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sully

Juniors
Hate To Say It But We Need The NFL System 422 People Refereeing, 792 Cameras, with the pack of self grooming chimps we have they still would not get it right.

Its amazing, is there one thing in the world that is sacret and does not belong to a boys club?

F**king Rubbish NRL!!

That THORN Cat, Have A Go When He's On The Ground Next Time.

aussies1st

Staff member
The benefit of the doubt is hardly ever used these days in the NRL. What is the point of that rule if it is never used.

Sully

Juniors
Aussie,

100% Agree.

The code is on fire this year and many teams will miss out on the eight from rubbsih decissions like last night.

Probably the same thing will happen in th Grand Final. Hopefully to the f**king cheating bastard broncos.

aussies1st

Staff member
Maybe although after seeing what happened with Amos and Joel maybe the roosters will kill 2 more players careers

Paullyboy

Coach
Sully said:
1 other thing.

Those guys who said they would turn up and rock the ground, you guys had a go great to see!!!

Well done!

Cheers mate, we had a go as you say, but to no avail.

Ah well, even though the boys werent happy with themselves after the game I was proud of them, they stuck it right to the minor premiers on their own turf at full strength whereas we were not.

aussies1st said:
The benefit of the doubt is hardly ever used these days in the NRL. What is the point of that rule if it is never used.

I agree with that. I know this is off topic, as I didn't see the Frawley try/no try, but in the Melbourne game, Josh Perry went over and appeared to be held up. Ref goes upstairs, no footage shows the ball touch the ground. Comes back to a refs call, and he decides to invoke the benefit of the doubt rule. Surely that decision should be made by the video, or not at all. If Hayne thought it was a try but went upstairs to check, different story. He obviously didn't know, so went there, saw the replays and thought it was his job to use the benefit of the doubt rule.

jed

First Grade
steaming stormer said:
I agree with that. I know this is off topic, as I didn't see the Frawley try/no try, but in the Melbourne game, Josh Perry went over and appeared to be held up. Ref goes upstairs, no footage shows the ball touch the ground. Comes back to a refs call, and he decides to invoke the benefit of the doubt rule. Surely that decision should be made by the video, or not at all. If Hayne thought it was a try but went upstairs to check, different story. He obviously didn't know, so went there, saw the replays and thought it was his job to use the benefit of the doubt rule.
The ref (Hayne in your case) should send it to the video ref if he doesn't know if it was a try, or where there's an element of doubt about the moments leading up to the try. So many times we've seen what looked like a try at actual speed, which upon reflection there's been a knock on, a foot into touch, the player's dropped the ball etc. I know it gets frustrating as a fan to have a stop-start-stop-start game, but at the same time I would rather a post-match analisys where there's no question of whether it was an actual try or not. All I ask though is that the CORRECT decision is made.

The "Ref's Call" is used where the video replays prove inconclusive, where the video ref can't tell either way from the available camera angles whether it was a valid try or not. In effect it's a "I dunno" from the video ref. In these cases, it's up to the ref to go with his original gut reaction, whether it be try or no try.

Sully said:
Jed...

Cant you send an email and have the decission reversed?
:lol: I wish it was that easy, but the NRL's never reversed a result post-match, I can't see them starting now.

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
ABsolute F'ing Disgrace....you can see that when the ball hits the ground.. it isnt liek a normal bounce. it stays on the ground a bit longer than normal.. showing thier was downward force... i cannot see how the idiot coudl rule no try.... also some idiots at the back got us in that stupid position... so angree.. luckily other games are going our way... keep it up boys..we're coming home strong

goldcoastpunk

Juniors
I dont think we were completely robbed or anything but certainly a few things went against us...

1. That try at the end to Frawley.... IMO try
2. Bott's try should have gone to the video ref, there was alot of doubt on it (Not saying it wasnt a try, i am just doubtful)

All in all the difference proved to be Lockyer, and our uncanny ability to throw away a game of football. Stupid passes on the first tackle, stupid penalties and unforced errors cost us dearly. Still, if Graham didnt put a foot on the sideline i think we would have sealed the game. Thorn is a CAT, was throwing forearms, knees etc at every opportunity (i was at the game) and I would have loved to see Adamson smash him. Anyways, hopefully we can build on that performance and win our remaining games.

goldcoastpunk said:
I dont think we were completely robbed or anything but certainly a few things went against us...

1. That try at the end to Frawley.... IMO try
2. Bott's try should have gone to the video ref, there was alot of doubt on it (Not saying it wasnt a try, i am just doubtful)

All in all the difference proved to be Lockyer, and our uncanny ability to throw away a game of football. Stupid passes on the first tackle, stupid penalties and unforced errors cost us dearly. Still, if Graham didnt put a foot on the sideline i think we would have sealed the game. Thorn is a CAT, was throwing forearms, knees etc at every opportunity (i was at the game) and I would have loved to see Adamson smash him. Anyways, hopefully we can build on that performance and win our remaining games.

That is the only reasonable post in this whole thread. All this talk of corruption and cheating, LOL. Good on ya, your just sour that last nights game has made it that much harder for you to make the finals. Ignore the fact that you have blown a strong start to the season to find yourself on the wrong end of lopsided matches and slipped out of the top 4, and out of the top 8.

You lot are acting as though you are hard done by all the team, and are the only team to be on the wrong end of decisions.

thickos

First Grade
Of course it was a try. The commentators called it as one ;-) :lol:

The ball never left his hand - sure it was the side of his hand, but the ball was forced. I've seen worse awarded and this is where the inconsistency lies.

Still guys, it's done now - just be proud of the team, it was a tremendous effort last night.

Latest posts